Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 424,001 times)

LUCAS CONRAD

LUCAS CONRAD

The Head is BIGGER in IMAX.. ;D

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 31, 2018, 05:04:42 PM
Ms Yutani was demoted from CEO to tracking supervisor after the events of AvPR? :)

Françoise Yip

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
Ms. Y

The Predator (2018)
Tracking Supervisor

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948123/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t28

Holy shit amongst all the spamming of "New PREDATOR TRAILER(s) number 2456............." this is the most exciting development since hearing the AVP character Alexa "Lex" Woods predator trophy spear will appear in THE-PREDATOR.

Granted it might just be an easter egg, rather than plot point, but I'm holding out it MIGHT just might make AVP canon within the PREDATOR timeline. Although PROMETHEUS and ALIEN COVENANT were a bullet in AVP the movie, appearing in the classic Ripley/Xenomorph timeline.

If its true Disney, being the new owner of 20th Century Fox studios, want to move away from non-family friendly movie properties, franchises- then I am hoping a 3rd party buyer might chime in and do the AVP series justice.

Although I fear another TERMINATOR debacle which has lasted from TERMINATOR-3 to the horrendous prospect of TERMINATORs equivalent of an all-female GHOSTBUSTERs movie.

PS- granted I get Françoise Yip's casting in THE PREDATOR is a completely different character from AVP-R's Ms Yutani- but interesting that THE PREDATOR has the AVP movie connections.

I will buy a ticket for THE PREDATOR on release day!

Corporal Hicks

It's more than likely just a coincidence. I doubt it'll have any bearing on the film, nor will it be intended to be an easter egg. She's a local actress appearing in local films.

georgeromero

She has only one memorable role and that is being Jackie Chan's girlfriend in Rumble in the Bronx lol.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2018, 12:37:08 PM
It's more than likely just a coincidence. I doubt it'll have any bearing on the film, nor will it be intended to be an easter egg. She's a local actress appearing in local films.

Erm that's not what you reported in your THE PREDATOR re-shoots article.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/07/06/avpgalaxy-exclusive-the-predator-reshot-3rd-act-details/

"The latest cut of the film tested also featured additional scenes that connected The Predator to the previous films, including Alien vs. Predator. Lex's spear is now displayed alongside City Hunter's spear from Predator 2. Casey, Olivia Munn's character, is also shown some grainy pictures of the Predators from the first two films."

True I might be getting my hopes up as to what a movie prop and the same actress from a different film playing role means, but one can dream.

It'll probably be a red herring like the Xenomorph skull in PREDATOR 2. It'll probably be a red herring like the Xenomorph skull in PREDATOR 2. Albeit that red herring did morph into a movie; just one we didn't quite ask for.

Corporal Hicks

I'm referring specifically to the actress appearing in the film. I don't think that's an intentional easter egg or homage.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 04, 2018, 02:22:23 AMinstagram - 20thcenturyfoxph

Predator Official Fan App

Xerxész

Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 04, 2018, 02:34:04 PM

I'm waiting for Jake Busey's bio.  ;)

Tetsujin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnT9_G5HkMe/?tagged=thepredator

QuoteI dig it! #thepredator #foxstudios #storywall

Brzrkr

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 04, 2018, 02:49:35 PM
Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 04, 2018, 02:34:04 PM

I'm waiting for Jake Busey's bio.  ;)

Lol. I almost forgot he was in this. We've barely seen him.

Xerxész

Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 05:54:32 PM
I almost forgot he was in this. We've barely seen him.

Jake himself said in an interview that his character is  kept in secret. So not too much info about him.
If you read the script then you can find out his character. Of course there could be minor (major?) changes about him.

Corporal Hicks

It's official. The Predators are also known as Hish and Yautja. (I'm sure this isn't the first time:P

Corporal Hicks

:D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed