Prometheus US Launch Thread

Started by RagingDragon, May 24, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Author
Prometheus US Launch Thread (Read 34,959 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Ego, Id, and Superego = All ready. :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: arogony on May 25, 2012, 05:57:51 AM
I know regular theaters do midnight shows

But what about IMAX theaters?  ???

Yeah, man, I'm pretty sure they do. I don't see the theaters loosing out on such a great chance to make more money.

armandxp

armandxp

I live in Central Florida, and there are (fake) IMAX showing's at midnight, but I couldn't even find a real IMAX in FL showing 'Prometheus'.  So, I bought my tickets for Altamonte Springs, midnight showing in 3D IMAX.  When I say fake, I mean the converted movie theater's that turned into 'smaller IMAX' experiences.....

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That's crazy.  I think someone else was talking about that as well, the difference between the 'real' IMAX's and the fake ones.  Aren't the screens also different, as well as the sizes?

I don't know, IMAX is so damn big... sometimes I worry that the screen is too big to properly take in all of a film, especially the first time you see it.  I sometimes feel like my eyes have to dart all over the screen to keep up.

But I haven't really seen many movies in IMAX.  When I used to go to them, they were in museums and had specials about polar bears and railroads and shit. :laugh:

Predaker

Predaker

Spoiler
this a spoiler! Beware of this nest.
Spoiler
Can we talk about how Vickers torches Holloway in this thread? :D
[close]
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Sure, if you use spoiler tags please.  Might want to nest one and let people know it's an actual spoiler. ;)  But I know at least some of us already know what goes down...

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks, I edited my post. Hopefully I got the point. :)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Thanks dude, anyway:
Spoiler
Actual spoilers, people :laugh:
Spoiler
I couldn't believe it was him for a looong time!  Now that it's confirmed, and he's obviously the creepy scorched f**ker that gets up in that scene, just what in the hell happens to him?  That has to be near the end of the film, especially considering the scene in one of the new TV spots were him and Shaw are in the corridor watching the Jockey holograms, presumably with David?
[close]
[close]

Predaker

Predaker

I can see where this is going.  ;D

I won't post anymore spoilers. Something tells me this thread should remain clean for awhile. I don't really have any to share anyway.  :P Tryin to keep away!  :laugh:

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

A wise choice... considering the Prometheus boards, I've seen some shit.

:laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ugh, this two week wait is gonna suck. I vote that any other countries with a June 8th release be named honorary 'Murricans, for sharing the wait with us.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 26, 2012, 02:32:22 AM
Thanks dude, anyway:
Spoiler
Actual spoilers, people :laugh:
Spoiler
I couldn't believe it was him for a looong time!  Now that it's confirmed, and he's obviously the creepy scorched f**ker that gets up in that scene, just what in the hell happens to him?  That has to be near the end of the film, especially considering the scene in one of the new TV spots were him and Shaw are in the corridor watching the Jockey holograms, presumably with David?
[close]
[close]

Bulllllssshhiiiitttt.

These TV spots....uggghhh...the wait...fuuuuuuuuuu

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: arogony on May 25, 2012, 05:57:51 AM
I know regular theaters do midnight shows

But what about IMAX theaters?  ???

I live in L.A. and the IMAX screens were some of the first two have advanced tickets for the midnight show on June 7th.

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 26, 2012, 01:30:30 AM
That's crazy.  I think someone else was talking about that as well, the difference between the 'real' IMAX's and the fake ones.  Aren't the screens also different, as well as the sizes?

I don't know, IMAX is so damn big... sometimes I worry that the screen is too big to properly take in all of a film, especially the first time you see it.  I sometimes feel like my eyes have to dart all over the screen to keep up.

But I haven't really seen many movies in IMAX.  When I used to go to them, they were in museums and had specials about polar bears and railroads and shit. :laugh:

IMAX DIGITAL is considered "fake" IMAX, and it truly is a scam. The reason is that these major theater chains (AMC and Regal) have simply converted a screen, usually from their largest auditorium, and extended it as high and as wide as possible so that it is technically larger than a traditional movie screen but not by much. The films are then projected digitally using IMAX brand equipment and the logo gets advertised along with a huge increase in ticket prices for a something that isn't even genuine IMAX.

True IMAX is several stories high and is projected from 70mm film, which means superior picture quality and sound. Most mainstream films shown in IMAX are digitally processed and converted frame by frame to 70mm film, allowing for outstanding picture quality that never loses resolution when expaded onto a larger screen. The difference is noticeable. I saw "300" and "The Dark Knight" in true IMAX and they were spectacular, especially the ones that featured scenes that were specifically filmed in that format (those scenes looks sharper and expanded to take up the entire screen, which made for an incredible immersive experience).

Anyway, if you live in the Los Angeles area like I do there are a few theaters that will be showing "Prometheus" in genuine IMAX. The Rave 18 in Culver City, which has assigned seating, and the AMC Universal Citywalk near Universal Studios in Hollywood.

GhettoDefendant

Going to see it In 3D at the cinemark in Kansas Cities country club plaza. It'll be a tough wait because I'm going to a Monday matinee. Hopefully there'll be no one in there. I hate packed theaters. Plus my friends and I will likely be reeking of a certain herb.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: GhettoDefendant on Jun 01, 2012, 12:50:53 AM
Going to see it In 3D at the cinemark in Kansas Cities country club plaza. It'll be a tough wait because I'm going to a Monday matinee. Hopefully there'll be no one in there. I hate packed theaters. Plus my friends and I will likely be reeking of a certain herb.

Nice! Reppin Kansas City. I was born just an hour north of there.

Eeeeeee! Monday? Dude, I can't wait until Friday, let alone another 3 days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed