SPOILERS!!!Is the main theme in Promethues...resurrection?

Started by penryn79, Mar 20, 2012, 02:42:30 AM

Author
SPOILERS!!!Is the main theme in Promethues...resurrection? (Read 1,014 times)

penryn79

I was doing some thinking after watching the international trailer. The line David gives "How far will you go to get your answers". I was first thinking it was delivered to Shaw, but now I think it is to Peter Weyland. I think that the crew leaves on the Prometheus without any knowledge that frozen or in stasis Weyland is along for the ride. Could it be that his ego and god complex have driven him to the reaches of space to find eternal life, or a form of resurrection. Do the distant aliens he seeks possibly hold the key to eternal life or resurrection through biotehcnology? As another hint to this theme would be the motifs of the urns (cremation) and the sarcophagi in the Orrery room. The Engineers, the true master of the atom.

I have a feeling that the rabbit in the hat the general public will not know about is the Weyland plot. And that this quite literally is the main plot of the film. Sure we know about the ship and the temple and the mutations, but we don't know how Weyland plays out in this story, and I think it will turn out to be big. As far as character development goes maybe David starts out as a loyal care taker who stands by his master. Through the machinations and actions of Weyland he changes, maybe there is life beyond Peter that he sees is worth saving. This is also very much Weylands Hubris his downfall. His quest to cheat death or resurrect ultimately leads to it. How this happens remains to be seen. Maybe he does become a new star beats or the ill fated Space jockey, either way he finds his end. After losing its figure head and CEO, not to mention the cost of the ill fated Prometheus mission, Weyland industries has no choice but to sell his shares to Yutani corporation. This move by the shareholders is the only course of action to keep the massive company from folding in on itself.

Whom ever survives maybe knows of his transformation into the Jockey. it then becomes a corporate priority to find this ship. Equip every ship that travels in a certain area of space with a synthetic in case a beacon is picked up. Maybe the resurrected Perter Welyand is on the other end of that transmission, with a ship load full of bioweapons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed