The Official PROMETHEUS Griping Thread!

Started by Cvalda, Mar 19, 2012, 09:13:18 PM

Author
The Official PROMETHEUS Griping Thread! (Read 67,941 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Here it is, folks--a thread of your own to vent your dislikes, reservations and apprehensions about Prometheus: its story, the trailers, everything.

I'll start:
--Logan Marshall-Green in the trailers, and I don't like how silly some of the costumes for the crew are (Rafe Spall, wtf).
--The massive doses of glaringly obvious CGI.
--The magical hologram vidscreen technology. Ugh. Not present in ANY of the original installments in the series.
--The overall shiny clean-ness of everything. Once again, CGI. >:(
--The 3D. Having witnessed it myself, it is very distracting and takes away from the otherwise excellent visuals.
--Marc Streitenfeld. Why Ridley, why? I know scores aren't your strong point, but Elliot Goldenthal ain't dead yet.
--The TRON-ish yellow/blue color scheme.
--Dodgy accents from Guy Pearce in the TED Talk and Idris Elba in the trailers.
--The von Daniken "We found these star maps in a cave, tee hee" stuff. I'm fine with the Jockeys creating mankind, but couldn't it have been discovered in a way that wasn't so...tired?

Everything else gets a hesitant thumbs up from me ;)

Now it's your turn!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

- Possible Mission to Mars leftovers.
- Jockey = suit.

OpenMaw

Can we stop saying "Jockey's created mankind" already? That was a gross misinterpretation of what Ridley is doing here. They "helped" us in some fashion along the way. They didn't literally drop by 300 bajillion years ago and piss in the primordial soup, and out walked man. No. Nobody was really claiming that. More than likely they found primitive man, and in some way related to the Prometheus myth gave us the beginnings of our technology that eventually lead to civilizations. The spark, not all of it. Just the spark.

NGR01

Can we please cool down.
And leave people have their opinions?
That is my major gripe with the movie.
Some of its fans.

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 19, 2012, 09:20:30 PM
Can we stop saying "Jockey's created mankind" already? That was a gross misinterpretation of what Ridley is doing here. They "helped" us in some fashion along the way. They didn't literally drop by 300 bajillion years ago and piss in the primordial soup, and out walked man. No. Nobody was really claiming that. More than likely they found primitive man, and in some way related to the Prometheus myth gave us the beginnings of our technology that eventually lead to civilizations. The spark, not all of it. Just the spark.
Sure. I suppose that makes sense, if you disregard the fact that they look just like us, only bigger and balder and bluer. It stands to reason we were created in their image.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

At least we now know that Vin Diesel is a demigod.

Eva

If true, Engineer = Weyland / David / Shaw / Vickers / The 7 Dwarfes / Roy Batty / Mr. Blonde / Doc Brown / ......

Oh, and the fact that the film is still +70 days from release  :'(

First Blood

-Idris Elba's dodgy Southern (?) American accent.
-Lack of Giger-esque sexual imagery.
-Too much action, not enough of the foreboding sense of doom and terror.
-Possibility of the Jockey being Peter Weyland or any crew member for that matter.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Eva on Mar 19, 2012, 09:24:54 PM
/ Doc Brown / ......
Great Ridley Scott!

Cvalda

Also should add that I find the hints that this might connect with Blade Runner to be pretty worrying.

Effectz

People thinking that the jockey is Peter Weyland.

Eva

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 19, 2012, 09:26:12 PM
Quote from: Eva on Mar 19, 2012, 09:24:54 PM
/ Doc Brown / ......
Great Ridley Scott!

1.21 gigawatts of lol  :D

NGR01

When you say PETER WEYLAND being the jockey you mean THE JOCKEY from ALIEN or a jockey?

EEV-2501

What's griping me the most ? The shot of the Jockey in his chair. I know It's just a one second shot from a sequence but the head is really ridiculous.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 19, 2012, 09:34:19 PM
What's griping me the most ? The shot of the Jockey in his chair. I know It's just a one second shot from a sequence but the head is really ridiculous.
Yyyyep, that shot looks unfinished.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed