A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 47,668 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 08, 2018, 02:21:20 AM
She would have nuked the entire site from orbit.

Hicks was out, and bishop was mangled. If she had to have a rifle (ol' point and shoot) explained to her, how is she going to know how to activate, target, and launch "Nucular" weapons? Especially one's which to her are from the future? ;)

SM

There's no skill involved in pushing buttons.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2018, 03:43:16 AM
There's no skill involved in pushing buttons.

Aha! but which buttons to push!  ;D

SM

Bishop can tell her.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2018, 03:58:12 AM
Bishop can tell her.

I've got him now.  ;D

I'd imagine Ripley wouldn't have the clearance needed to access and fire nuclear weapons. Even with a mutilated Bishop assisting. And he was in rather rough shape. Surely in the future, civilians and even advisers cannot access nuclear weapons onboard a military vessel?

SM

Which makes it much more likely the Derelict was destroyed when the AP went up.

You think she's just gunna go home without 'wiping them out'?

Local Trouble

Hell, she could prop Bishop into a chair and have him do it, Butler-style:

Mr. Clemens

Damn... is Nebraska really only 80km across?  :D

Huggs

Huggs

You'd think nuking the derelict where Kane got infected and the creature that killed her crew and friends came from, would be an important enough event for Ripley's character to include it in the movie.

Local Trouble

My head canon says that the explosion set off a chain of massive volcanic eruptions all over planet and that's what destroyed the derelict.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 08, 2018, 04:20:35 AM
My head canon says that the explosion set off a chain of massive volcanic eruptions all over planet and that's what destroyed the derelict.

Perhaps it propelled a smoking Hudson high into the air. Just saving him from a facehugger. He came down on the derelict. Blew straight through the ceiling, flew perfectly straight down the acid hole  ;D slid down the curved wall and stopped right in front of the egg next to Kane's egg.

Mr. Clemens

Actually, wasn't it stated somewhere that the AP was only one of many such structures on Acheron? I can't remember if that was in ADF's adaptation or where I might have heard it. So that could lead to a chain reaction and global annihilation. But I can't help but feel that Bishop would have mentioned that, if it were the case...

OpenMaw

We don't need Isolation specifically to be made, but it showed us the right way forward in a number of ways to get the series back on track and away from the nonsense.

Hell, this could be a great way to make a series inspired off of Aliens: Labyrinth.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 08, 2018, 04:54:45 AM
Actually, wasn't it stated somewhere that the AP was only one of many such structures on Acheron? I can't remember if that was in ADF's adaptation or where I might have heard it. So that could lead to a chain reaction and global annihilation. But I can't help but feel that Bishop would have mentioned that, if it were the case...

It was in the adaption, and part of the original treatment, but it's not what the film depicts. The AP station is "the" AP station.

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 04:17:40 AM
You'd think nuking the derelict where Kane got infected and the creature that killed her crew and friends came from, would be an important enough event for Ripley's character to include it in the movie.

Remember this bit?

EXT. STRATOSPHERE                         188

The drop-ship lunges up and out of the cloud layer into
      the clear high night.  Below, the clouds light up from
      beneath from horizon to horizon.

A SUN HOT DOME OF ENERGY bursts up through the cloud
      layer, WHITING OUT THE FRAME.  The tiny ship is slammed
      by the shockwave, tossed forward...and climbs, scorched
      but functioning, toward the stars.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 08, 2018, 04:54:45 AM

I seem to remember something along those lines in the audio drama of River of Pain. Didn't Draper blast Otto in another structure that was going Chernobyl?

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2018, 04:59:00 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2018, 04:17:40 AM

Remember this bit?

EXT. STRATOSPHERE                         188

The drop-ship lunges up and out of the cloud layer into
      the clear high night.  Below, the clouds light up from
      beneath from horizon to horizon.

A SUN HOT DOME OF ENERGY bursts up through the cloud
      layer, WHITING OUT THE FRAME.  The tiny ship is slammed
      by the shockwave, tossed forward...and climbs, scorched
      but functioning, toward the stars.

The processor blowing? Yessir. I didn't notice chunks of the derelict flying past the dropship though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed