AlienExplorations Blog

Started by wmmvrrvrrmm, Feb 10, 2013, 03:00:53 PM

Author
AlienExplorations Blog (Read 51,013 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Thanks you very much.

It certainly did make me have to look twice at what was going on but I think it was a fair enough thing to do with this concept of his.

Another thing about it, it does now remind me a little of the baby version of the creature from Splice as if it was its nightmarish twin. I wonder if that's one reason why it was dropped.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Nice work! :)

LarsVader

LarsVader

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 15, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

And there's also that:

I think you'd better tell me more about it

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 15, 2013, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 15, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

And there's also that:

Huante posted this as some old sketch on facebook.
And now that you've made the War of the Worlds connection it all makes sense how this can be an old sketch.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 16, 2013, 03:51:01 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 16, 2013, 03:20:40 PM

And now that you've made the War of the Worlds connection it all makes sense how this can be an old sketch.

Thanks, I'd better look at his Facebook page. I suppose the next thing is what if it's somewhat older than the War of the World's concept and he adapted the idea of a creature with this head for that concept as well
Yes, makes you wonder how old this idea is and how often he tried to incorporate into a project.
And since it didn't appear in the finished version of Prometheus maybe it will pop up again in another project.
I hope that project will be Prometheus².

Valaquen

Valaquen

Huante did an interview for ThisBethesdaSea. You could ask him some questions, I'm sure he'll answer. He seems down to earth.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

oops, I accidently deleted my previous mail. I'll see if Carlos Huante is able to talk about the design on Facebook

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 16, 2013, 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 16, 2013, 03:51:01 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 16, 2013, 03:20:40 PM

Thanks, I'd better look at his Facebook page. I suppose the next thing is what if it's somewhat older than the War of the World's concept and he adapted the idea of a creature with this head for that concept as well
Yes, makes you wonder how old this idea is and how often he tried to incorporate into a project.
And since it didn't appear in the finished version of Prometheus maybe it will pop up again in another project.
I hope that project will be Prometheus².

Yes, well I hope that it gets to somewhere that will do it justice considering its long journey

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 16, 2013, 04:12:25 PM
I'll see if Carlos Huante is able to talk about the design on Facebook
I hope he can get all the Prometheus designs printed some day. (The same goes for Giger and Gutalin.)
And if not it would be great if he could put them on his page or slip us the former posted video in HD.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic reads as per usual wmmvrrvrrmm. Thanks for posting these.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2013, 01:15:02 AM
Fantastic reads as per usual wmmvrrvrrmm. Thanks for posting these.

Thankyou Hicks!

Today I've just been adding more details, since I managed to find a few interesting comments when translating the Ridley Scott interview from last years L'Ecran Fantastique Prometheus special edition that helped to give a bigger picture. I'm mystified about this charcoal drawing of the Space Jockey that Ridley claims that he has hanging on his wall at home

1. I've been developing the page discussing the term DNA being bandied around in the publicity for Prometheus
http://alienexplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/alien-prequel-becomes-prometheus.html

2. Additional comment from last years L'Ecran Fantastique Prometheus special edition added to page about the conception of Giger's design for the Space Jockey, regarding what Scott's asked for from Giger.
http://alienexplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/space-jockey-design-as-it-is-in-alien.html

3. And upon that, I made a page about the decision to give the Facehugger acid blood, since I found a comment with Ridley giving his view about the idea from an interview last year, so it was interesting to see his take on the whole thing as well.
http://alienexplorations.blogspot.co.uk/1979/06/acid-for-blood.html

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Explorations dealing with Giger's Alien Monster IV that inspired Cameron's Alien Queen, and was inspired by Delville's Treasures of Satan takes another leap back in time to some very interesting ancient squiggle or piece of cave art on the walls of an Australian cave.

Fom the Zig Zag Devil via Delville & Giger to Cameron's Alien Queen

http://alienexplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/gigers-alien-monster-iv.html

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Whoa. :o You just delved into one of my favourite Giger paintings. Love to read about its conception! Thanks Wmm. :)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

If Elizabeth Watts had been looking around the Australian caves, Prometheus might have been a different movie. I was actually quite amazed to find out about it yesterday but it's almost a well known image but unfortunately has usually been only a point of discussion for ancient alien enthusiasts

Just another note, that page which I've given a URL for has now been broken down into several pages linking from that page because really having a long page with all those different things to point out was getting too long and confusing and I felt that giving each picture and its own page helped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed