Alien Resurrection

Started by Snowdog, Apr 29, 2011, 10:44:59 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection (Read 35,717 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Today i got a bit bored and watched the making of of Alien Resurrection and afterwards i watched the theatrical version of the movie ( i hate the humor they added in the special edition version of the movie )
I got to say there a lot of things i never really noticed before.

* The Penis like Chestburster in the openingscene
* The giant vagina where sigourney weaver was dragged in near the end of the movie
Wich i have a little theory about, don't know if it was intentional but i think it's kinda fun.
Ellen Ripley is dragged into the vagina and then transported to the center where the eggsack is and the newborn gets born.
I see it as the starting of a new life with all the sex included and everything if you know what i mean  ::)
* etc

Also there is a lot of complaining about the aliens that they are to flesh like and not so mechanical as in the first movies. But i see it as a side effect of the cloning process. I love how they changed the aliens and how it fits the storyline.

If i have to rate the movie ( even after countless viewings )
I have to give it a 7/10 at least,

It got the athmosphere, the aliens in a story fitting way, even the sexuality is back in some ways.
Also if you have not seen the making of i would recommend it it is pretty cool.

But guys am i really one of the few alien fans that like Alien Resurrection including the Alien designs ?

SiL

SiL

One of few who likes the movie (Hey, I'm one of them), and one of fewer who can stand the design.

I think my appreciation grows the more butthurt people's responses get to it.  :P

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The more I watch it the more I like it. As an Alien film neh thanks, but as a Jean-Pierre Jeunet film I get a huge kick out of it.

The word 'lush' springs to mind. Couldn't tell you why.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 29, 2011, 11:18:47 PM
The more I watch it the more I like it.

This, only i like it as an alien movie  ;D

Also i loved the scene where the 3 aliens where in the cage and the 2 where first intimidating the weaker xeno before killing it. It was awesome :P Survival of the fittest.

War Wager

War Wager

Fave of the series over here. It's just so... juicy.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

It's not my favorite, but I have fond memories of it being the first Alien flick I saw on the big screen. Made my Dad take me twice.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Apr 30, 2011, 12:20:07 AM
It's not my favorite, but I have fond memories of it being the first Alien flick I saw on the big screen. Made my Dad take me twice.

Darn i'm jealous right now :P i never saw an original alien movie in the theater :( Just to young i guess born in 1990 so yeah there you have the problem  :-X But i saw the avp movies on the big screen. not that thats a good thing  :laugh:

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Thats why we're here for Prometheus.  8)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Apr 30, 2011, 12:20:07 AM

Also the first and only Alien fim i saw in theaters.. fond memories :)

samoht

samoht

hmmm its ok. I dont really like how the newborn is killed though.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

i dont think he liked how he was killed either.... :D

Mus

Mus

I enjoy it as a film. As a part of the series, eh.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

I like it aswell, not so much as a part of the series, but had it been a spinoff film or ( dare I say) series I probably would have liked it slightly more. Since then the first 3 films have ended Ripley's story and this one could have just been a "what if?" scenario.

Stalker

Stalker

I always thought Alien Resurrection was pretty good. Not on the level of Ridley's or Cameron's films, but in my opinion better than Fincher's.

The only part that was unforgivable was the Newborn.

Mus

Mus

I don't mind it, I find the movie to be something of a carnival freak show anyway, going from one exhibit to the next. Kinda fitting they end it on a bang with super freaky hybrid offspring here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed