Space Jockey Alien

Started by azerty, Aug 03, 2007, 04:18:54 PM

Author
Space Jockey Alien (Read 35,653 times)

predxeno

I remember reading that there was supposed to be an Alien skeleton in the rocks of LV-426 aka Acheron and that fans have said it to be the space jockey alien birthed from the jockey inside the ship and it died outside.  Why would it die outside? ???  Couldn't they hibernate or something?

MrSpaceJockey

Since it wasn't in the movie, I would say that we don't know. Maybe its still alive, roaming the barren wastelands of Acheron, watching old VHS copies of ALIEN on it's television.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Nothing in the film helps at the presence of the Alien. For all we know, it could have been killed in a battle far away against the almighty Cockroached Raptors. Don't bother.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The Jockey skeleton was fossilized as Dallas say, so the ship mustve been laying there for thousands if not millions of years. While the eggs preserved (possibly due the mist), any aliens wouldve been long gone by then, especially since the original alien lifespan was suppose to be 24 hours. Still, I remember loving the idea that the Jockey alien IS indeed roaming around there somewhere, ether sleeping or laying dormant, and that the crew was lucky they didnt wake him. But I did like the creepy idea that its there somewhere in the cave. If one takes the alien rock remains as canon, then I guess the alien just went out looking for lifeforms and eventually died without any food resources or hosts

Here's a pic (courtesy of Maledoro from AxP)

The upper circle is the beast, the lower circle is supposed to be Dallas and Lambert.

This image was included in the Topps ALIEN trading cards

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Alien rock is far too big to be an Alien. Even if the chestbuster was bigger, as hinted by the ginormous hole in the Jockey, it wouldn't get that big.

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 24, 2010, 12:20:58 PM
The Alien rock is far too big to be an Alien. Even if the chestbuster was bigger, as hinted by the ginormous hole in the Jockey, it wouldn't get that big.

Taking into consideration that an alien is quite taler than the host, if the circled part above is indeed Jockey-alien skeleton, I think it fits the cirteria

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes, Aliens are indeed bigger than their hosts, but we aren't talking something that grows several times bigger than the host. Look at that thing. Assuming the picture is in perspective, so we aren't seeing everything in the same place, that mountain, and the mysterious rock, are pretty distant. And that means that the supposed Jockey Alien is f**king huge. Godzilla ain't holding a candle to that thing. It's enormous, hell, it covers a side of a Mountain.
The Jockey isn't that bigger than humans.

Maybe twice or thrice the size, that's it. We'd have a way smaller Alien from that.

StrangeShape

Yeah, I guess youre right about that one

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think I read that Rock was supposed to be the Jockey itself at one point, but since they changed something they actually made the Jockey inside the ship, so that thing got scrapped from the actual film.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't put off by the size of that thing in first place. What got me is... an Alien? Like, really? It doesn't even remotely resemble an Alien.

predxeno

Is the jockey alien fossil mentioned in the Alien novelization by Alan Dean Foster or any other official Alien media?  In the novelization; it says that Ripley didn't see what Ash was looking at on his monitor after she told him about the distress signal actually being a warning, except that she would have found it very interesting.  In one version of the script that I read a long time ago, I think it said that Ash was looking at the fossil from a monitor and that Kane, Dallas, and Lambert didn't know he was looking at it, that he was keeping the existence of the fossil to himself or something.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 24, 2010, 08:36:31 PM
Is the jockey alien fossil mentioned in the Alien novelization by Alan Dean Foster or any other official Alien media?  In the novelization; it says that Ripley didn't see what Ash was looking at on his monitor after she told him about the distress signal actually being a warning, except that she would have found it very interesting.  In one version of the script that I read a long time ago, I think it said that Ash was looking at the fossil from a monitor and that Kane, Dallas, and Lambert didn't know he was looking at it, that he was keeping the existence of the fossil to himself or something.

That was the Final Revised June 1978 draft, the sequence was storyboarded to.

The upper circle is the beast, the lower circle is supposed to be Dallas and Lambert.

Sorrybud, but that image is not an image of the Fosilized remains.

predxeno

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Dec 24, 2010, 10:18:03 PM

Sorrybud, but that image is not an image of the Fosilized remains.

That explains why I wasn't able to recognize any fossils from that pic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed