Would it have been better if Newt lived past Alien 3?

Started by predxeno, Jun 02, 2010, 03:46:09 AM

Author
Would it have been better if Newt lived past Alien 3? (Read 33,690 times)

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2010, 04:48:20 PM
Had she lived or not, bad writing wouldn't have made a difference. It's all speculation really. I'd rather Alien3 used wholly original characters, rather than the series becoming the contrived adventures of the same, worn out ones.

To be fair they did a good job in recreating Bishop's overwhelmingly nice personality. They might have been as consistent with New and Hicks

predxeno

They would have found a way to provide an excuse or something.  Like the third film takes place years after the second film.  They, also, could have used a different actress.  I agree with Tangakkai, if it wasn't for the DNA reflex shown in the third film (ability of an embryo to take traits from its host), the Alien franchise would have been better off without a third film.

Tangakkai

QuoteUnless we see her fully-grown as Carrie Henn is now...

*shudders*  :D

StrangeShape

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 05:28:43 PM
They would have found a way to provide an excuse or something.  Like the third film takes place years after the second film. 

Actually it takes place 2 weeks after the second film if im not mistaken. I cant remember the source of this information tho

predxeno

I meant by making a different storyline.  My bad, I misunderstood OmegaZilla; I thought he was saying yes that Newt should be killed off or that Alien 3 shouldn't exist.  I'm sorry, my mistake. :(  So, in proper response to the previous posts, yes, it would be better if we see Newt at the same age she was at during Aliens.

SM

QuoteI cant remember the source of this information tho

Me.  ;D

predxeno

Seriously, getting back on topic.  Would the story of Alien 3 have been better served had Newt survived to the very end of the film.  Would we like to see an older Newt as the main protagonist in the fourth film rather than the Ripley clone #8?

SiL

No and, personally, no.

predxeno

SM

What SiL said.  For all its faults I like Alien3 as it is.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

It would've been pretty strange to watch a different actress play Newt (living, that is) in Alien 3. That's one of the good things about her not being in the movie much, IMO. An exception would've been some kind of storyline set a few years after Aliens so Carrie Henn could be involved.

And I agree with SM. Alien 3 ain't perfect, but I still love it.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jun 04, 2010, 03:15:11 AM
What SiL said.  For all its faults I like Alien3 as it is.

Let me join your club too

PredalienXenomorph

If Newt lived it would have taken the Grimm tone away.

predxeno

Am I the only person here who's mournful of Newt's death?

SiL

One of few. Very few.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed