What did you think of the newborn in Alien Resurrection?

Started by Predator Eldar, Mar 28, 2007, 07:54:38 AM

Author
What did you think of the newborn in Alien Resurrection? (Read 37,386 times)

SiL

Never a lonely night ;D

Fitzley

I like the idea of it, didn't really like how it looked. But over time I have forgiven it. Genetic turd is an app description but I think now its good that way given their previous efforts to clone Ripley, it makes sense that the queen would produce a grotesque messed-up looking hybrid.

Meathead320

Quote from: SiL on Mar 29, 2007, 01:31:31 AM
penis inside a vagina.

Well i don't judge anyone else, that IS one of my favorite thigs to do.  ;D

aliensetta

I hate the new born Because it kill the queen. 

Dingo

I hate the newborn because it held no purpse to the story. It just popped in there at the end of the movie and added 10 mins more pointless minutes.

cygnus

I found it quite annoying, especially when the guy started talking about how it's beautiful like a butterfly. I'm glad it killed him.

It was my favorite death though, even if it wasn't feasible, it was still funny when the newborn got sucked out of the window :P

Corporal Hicks

I hated Whedon after Res. Buffy and Angel sucks but then I came across a gem called Firely. I really enjoy Firefly and Serenity.

But the Newborn, yes, it's ugly. I do agree with SM and his mate though. Placement was an issue and it might have been better doing it with some build-up and tension.

Its Game Time

The damn thing was Creepy as all hell. Maybe its the reason i dont like Alien Resurrection, i dont know. What i do know is, that thing gave me nightmares for at least a month. The thing was so childlike and i think that is why it was so creepy.

Dekapitator

The design wasn't great, but I didn't hate it. Everything else about it though, I did. And that shit killed Distephano!!

Danger Close

Top 3 things that ruined The Alien
#3 CG work in Alien 3
#2 The whole clone idea... All of it!
#1 The Newborn... HATE IT!

SiL

What's wrong with the shot of the head cracking in Alien3?

Sure, it doesn't look all too crash hot, but it's not enough to totally ruin the creature.

Corporal Hicks

He probably means the mo-motion.

SM

Ah yes, blame it all on "CG"...  ::)

azerty

Why doesn't anyone like it?

I'm honest in this, he was the most scary part in the movie, especially because you could see the emotions in his face, he was so creepy. He also looked really unfinished which helped the creepyness.

It's pretty clear to me that it had to grow or it was just a failed mutation. Sometimes some parings don't seem to work and maybe Newborn would have died anyway.

Dare i say it, it was my fave scene in the movie, the fight should have been longer

Munkeywrench

I like the Newborn and I felt kinda bad when they killed it lol just because of how it was looking at Ripley while it was dying. I dont like how it was born though, the Queen is supposed to lay eggs not give birth like a human I thought that was a terrible idea, It should have been something created by accident in the Aurigas labs that escaped or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed