Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software

Started by ikarop, Jan 25, 2012, 03:03:37 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software (Read 44,475 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Will the Wii U version have anything that is not in the 360 and PS3 version?

Nero the Jackal

I got the basic questions.

Does the story conflict in anyway with the Alien FILM franchise continuity?
and would the colony still existing be explained?

Would the egg of from the sulaco be explained as well?

Would there be different modes of Multiplayer as well as co-op?
and could players jump in and out of a game that has already started? (in AVP 2010, players could only start new matches which frustrated many people and was very limiting, lack of a host migration was also a problem)

Will there be many annoying or exploitable glitches in Multiplayer?
(this frustrated many players on AVP 2010, a few examples of a few glitches would be getting attacked and damaged by a heavy melee attack from an alien or predator despite being a meter or more away from the attacker, another is getting stealth killed when you are out of reach or are facing the attacker.) I understand some can't be ironed out in time when it is released though they should eventually be fixed with patches unlike with AVP 2010

Would any new types of aliens (such as the crusher) be explained rather than just being in the game for entertainment purposes? (radiation would be a very poor excuse.) and most of us never did like the Newborn or Predalien (and especially its new life-cycle)

Will the fact that the atmosphere on LV-426 being still breathable be explained? (the processor was destroyed and the only possible explanation is cut from a script and added in a novel which is in the expanded universe which is not considered canon by many, and since some are saying this new game is supposed to fit with the film canon then it has to go by the film franchise's rules)

Does the game have a lengthy campaign and a high replay value?

so far that is all my questions.

Stringer2355

If the game fails to make it's creative goals again do you have a alternative play style that could suffice in order to make the fall release or is it possible again for it to be delayed again or even cancelled ?

MrSpaceJockey

I don't ask because it always takes two weeks to get an answer out here and the answer is always "Don't ask."

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 29, 2012, 05:09:35 AM
I don't ask because it always takes two weeks to get an answer out here and the answer is always "Don't ask."

so what do we tell these guys?

MrSpaceJockey

Tell them, as far as I'm concerned, if they find an answer, it's theirs.

Chupacabras...

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

I'm just going to ask a bunch of questions. I don't know how many of these have been asked:

1. Is there a leveling system? Can weapons and armor be upgraded?
2. Are there perks\skill trees?
3. Character classes\customization?
4. Can armor be damaged by acid and be torn off?
5. Are there interactive (button-response) cut-scenes?
6. Are there side missions and not just a main mission?
7. Is it possible to loot weapons, ammo, etc from dead bodies?
8. Is it possible to go to third-person view?
9. Is there a cover system?
10. Is possible to have multiple\alternate endings, based on choices or difficulty?
11. Can the player become facehugged and impregnated with a chestburster?
12. Will there be a Horde\Survival mode?
13. Will there be any driving or flying sections?
14. Will any characters from "Aliens" make a cameo in the game?
15. Will the Aliens always try to kill you or can you be coccooned?
16. Are there any sentry guns (maybe for a Horde mode?)
17. Is it possible to play as an Alien in some kind of mode?

Thank you. I can't wait for the game and I know delaying the game only means a better product.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

- If this games does well then would a possible stand alone Predator game or a AVP game from Gearbox be possible in the near future?

- Would it be possible that we could see the Newborn from Alien: Resurrection?

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 29, 2012, 07:46:12 AM
- Would it be possible that we could see the Newborn from Alien: Resurrection?

I don't see that happening at all. Newborn was born many years after the events of Alien 3, if not thousands of years if I recall correctly, Newborn was one of the results of mixed xenomorph and human DNA, cloned Ripley's human DNA and the xenomorph DNA of a Queen to be exact. I think Newborn was born by accident on top of that, from all the previous failed Ripley clones you can tell their particular cloning project is a science that hasn't been fully mastered yet. A science that I believe doesn't exist at the time of Aliens and Alien 3, to my knowledge.

AndrewJJ

AndrewJJ

I doubt this question will be asked, being as no one else has brought it up or seems to care... but will any themes from James Horner's score be incorporated into the game's soundtrack? I'll be a little disappointed if there isn't. Horner's score is a huge part of the Aliens experience for me.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: AndrewJJ on Jan 29, 2012, 05:24:29 PM
I doubt this question will be asked, being as no one else has brought it up or seems to care... but will any themes from James Horner's score be incorporated into the game's soundtrack? I'll be a little disappointed if there isn't. Horner's score is a huge part of the Aliens experience for me.

Please ask this.

WinterActual

Its almost 30th here. Where are the answers ?

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 29, 2012, 07:45:23 PM

We have until today to ask questions, and then they need to be collated and selected, then interview is probably tomorrow, hopefully we'll have the answers on tuesday.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 29, 2012, 08:00:09 PM
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 29, 2012, 07:45:23 PM

We have until today to ask questions, and then they need to be collated and selected, then interview is probably tomorrow, hopefully we'll have the answers on tuesday.

It doesn't exactly work like that. Now we will pick the best and most commonly asked question and re-write them for the interview. Once we're done with that the studio will answer them. The approval process takes while too. So it will be a few weeks before the interview gets published.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed