Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 60,124 times)

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Griffith on Mar 01, 2015, 07:38:20 PM

Something more is cooking up boys. I can feel it.

Brace yourselves epicness is comming.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

LOL

(& Fox owns both)

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 07:49:26 PM
LOL

(& Fox owns both)

So theoretically...

Magegg

Magegg

Great, now bring on the Hicks and the Henricksen :D

TigerClaw

TigerClaw

The fact Alien 5 will take place years after Prometheus 2, Got me thinking that, This could very well be an alternate reality of the Alien universe, You can take things to different directions.

Greggors

Greggors

I remember when Alien 3 came out, and the outrage wasn't necessarily due to the fact that Hicks and Newt were killed off, but instead because of the permanence of Ripley's demise.  Mediocre film, atrocious script, and Ripley meeting a miserable fate after being put through Hell in the three films.

Greggors

Greggors

I may be among the minority (I really don't know), but I would be absolutely fine with Blomkamp making Alien 3 & Resurrection dreams that Ripley had while in hypersleep. As a matter of fact, I would be thrilled.

Doktor Wunderbar

I would really rather they either stay canon or just get ignored.  Making something "all just a dream" is like the worst of both worlds - it makes an element unnecessary while preserving it in the canon.  It also strikes me as awkward as hell, possibly because it's such a cliche.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: TigerClaw on Mar 02, 2015, 12:53:42 AM
The fact Alien 5 will take place years after Prometheus 2, Got me thinking that, This could very well be an alternate reality of the Alien universe, You can take things to different directions.

Which is how I see things, and am believing how things are shaping out to be considering Blomkamp's statement that he was ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection, but not undoing them. Just not a lot of people want to see it that way.

Quote from: Doktor Wunderbar on Mar 03, 2015, 03:57:31 AM
I would really rather they either stay canon or just get ignored.  Making something "all just a dream" is like the worst of both worlds - it makes an element unnecessary while preserving it in the canon.  It also strikes me as awkward as hell, possibly because it's such a cliche.

This... I really hope Blomkamp doesn't make Alien 3 and Resurrection as dreams. I just find that downright insulting.

Jegeren

Jegeren

All of the news so far is great! I hope the film doesn't disappoint!

elMorseMan

elMorseMan

Now that I'd like to see

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Greggors on Mar 02, 2015, 03:33:51 AM
I may be among the minority (I really don't know), but I would be absolutely fine with Blomkamp making Alien 3 & Resurrection dreams that Ripley had while in hypersleep. As a matter of fact, I would be thrilled.

No you sound like every other ALIENS fanboy out there, so no need to worry.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 23, 2015, 01:05:13 AM
Quote from: Greggors on Mar 02, 2015, 03:33:51 AM

No you sound like all the other ALIENS fanboys out there, so no need to worry.

And you don't sound like an Alien 3 fanboy?  We're all fanboys by the sheer fact of us talking on these forums.   ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed