Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 03, 2019, 11:29:38 AM

Author
Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art! (Read 29,949 times)

Corporal Hicks

Farzad Vrahramyan, an artist who regularly works with Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. and on the Alien and Predator films, has just uploaded a piece of artwork he contributed to Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Mutated Alien

Like much of the creature concepts we’ve seen of Blomkamp’s Alien 5 (aka Red Harvest), Farzad’s concept continues in the direction of mutated Aliens. Another frequent artist who works on Alien films, Carlos Huante, previously post – but then took down – some artwork he did for Alien 5 which showed a lot of mutated Aliens. A lot of those concepts also had dual sets of arms, something we saw in the design marquette ADI shared last year.

Thanks to Alien Explorations for the news! Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Update 05/03/2019: Unfortunately the artwork was removed from Instagram. I have uploaded a saved copy and a copy of a second piece that was also uploaded and then removed. Thanks to Nightmare Asylum for the second image.

Mutated Alien

SiL

Looks like Blomkamp's idea was going to basically cover all of the concepts the actual Alien3 smartly abandoned before filming. Sigh. :-\

Kradan

For my taste it looks more suited for comic than film. If it would appear in actual movie, i think many fans would be pretty pissed off.

SiL

To be fair, this is purely an idea pitch not necessary based on a specific example in the film.

But, the film was clearly going to deal with genetically mutated Aliens, like all of the abandoned A3 scripts did...

Stitch

Gotta say, I'm glad this didn't see the silver screen. It's a good drawing but a bad idea.

Kradan

Kradan

But that inner jaw looks like it was goona to be even more penis-like than before  ;D

So now we know that Alien statue Neil posted before was not a molting into Queen creature. It's sad.  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

I dont quite like the look, its not centipedy enough, but it was a first design so could have been vastly improved

SiL

Yeah, it's a concept sketch. It's the equivalent of throwing spaghetti at a wall (or director) and seeing what sticks :P

windebieste

How on Earth can Blomkamp make claims about relying heavily on practical effects when he was requesting concepts like this..?

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

It's just exploration. They do it to see what works.

LtJesseRipley

I hate it. Sorry Farzad.

The Old One

The Old One

"Bad idea." -Alan Dutch Schaefer.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It is always interesting when art for this project surfaces, but at the end of the day I'm glad that it didn't move forward (and each piece of concept art tends to reinforce that).

irn

It looks like one of those Aliens toys from the 90s.

SuperiorIronman

Given its concept art I give it pass and there is no guarantee this would've been chosen.

When conceptualizing a movie more often than not you are not given story specific details or are required to fill out a space. Very rarely it seems that a script provides concrete details for a creature or character. Given they just needed some genetically engineered Aliens for a scene I'd imagine he was just told to go nuts.

We do however know that practical FX was planned at least for the four-armed drone but I'd imagine this guy probably would've been practical as well had this been chosen to be in-film. If it had been up to me though and a snake-like design had to be chosen I've just used the Kenner Snake Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed