Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,562 times)

Darkness

What Predator book had she written? And what game were you referring to when you mentioned a tie-in or something?

Corporal Hicks

She wrote the short story Blood and Sand in Predator: If It Bleeds.

Do you mean the tie-in with Olivia? Talking about the Cold Iron game.

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Aug 20, 2019, 03:52:57 PM
Interview was a treat. Thank you everyone!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

Still Collating...

Really enjoyed the interview, thanks guys for making it happen. The author seems great, liked her approach and attitude about all of this. I'd definitely want to see her again and write a sequel. I do feel bad that she got no input into Olivia's later appearances. Whatever plans Fox has for Olivia, the first impression and likability of a character was thanks to the author. I really hope she get's a chance to return. For a character that's going to be in so many entries, her author that made a great first impression with Olivia's portrayal, shouldn't be just a one-off.

And yeah, I would take issue with an Alien that came from an android, though I wouldn't flip out over it if it was a very organic android leaning more towards replicants, but I did like how she fought Fox when it came to biology. Aliens MAYBE don't need to eat to survive when they're adults, but Olivia doesn't know that and for any crazy growth a creature needs to consume matter to do it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 22, 2019, 02:54:06 PM
And yeah, I would take issue with an Alien that came from an android, though I wouldn't flip out over it if it was a very organic android leaning more towards replicants,

Because of how much I fear Ridey having an Alien burst out of David, and that being where the classic design comes from, I was glad it didn't end up in here as a precedence. But I'm also a little scared it didn't end up in here because that's what they want to do!

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 22, 2019, 02:54:06 PM
Really enjoyed the interview, thanks guys for making it happen. The author seems great, liked her approach and attitude about all of this. I'd definitely want to see her again and write a sequel.

Thanks, Collating! Glad you're enjoying! I'd love to see Seanan back and pick up those threads she laid down.

XenoHunter99

Hicks, it remains the outcome I expect if/when Ridley brings us another prequel installment.

SM

QuoteBut I'm also a little scared it didn't end up in here because that's what they want to do!

Not that I know of.  I read one treatment with the xenodroid, said 'yeah, I'm not sure about this', then the next thing 'don't worry about it we're not going with it'.

XenoHunter99

It's another quality podcast. McGuire gives a good interview.

Hudson

Nice interview on the podcast.

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2019, 09:31:13 PM
QuoteBut I'm also a little scared it didn't end up in here because that's what they want to do!

Not that I know of.  I read one treatment with the xenodroid, said 'yeah, I'm not sure about this', then the next thing 'don't worry about it we're not going with it'.

I'm not going to say it's the worst idea I've ever heard of in the franchise, because worse ideas have already been executed, but her enthusiasm for this android xenomorph was kind of hilarious when she was also insistent on the verisimilitude of animal biology w/r/t this franchise because she studied reptiles and amphibians. Seemed to be quite a double standard. "The Aliens don't eat" is a pretty stupid remark for an Fox exec/editor to make at this point, considering Alien 3 and AvPR directly show scenes of it happening (as does the EU on multiple occasions), but like...Prometheus and Covenant have made it pretty clear that this franchise is not concerned with the science of real biology.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, certainly in today's hemisphere of the franchise. Although TCF is the one counter I would offer.

RidgeTop

Glad to see the comments from those who enjoyed the interview, seeing that kind of feedback is what keeps us motivated.

Really enjoyed talking with McGuire and I hope she gets more gigs for the franchises in the future.

Darkness

Finished reading the book now. Bearing in mind, I've never read young adult or even an alien novel before.

I thought it was alright. Some things felt odd to me. How could Olivia not know that Viola was an android all this time? The whole kissing felt like motor oil thing - I thought it was going to be revealed that Kora was going to be an android or something. I'd probably have liked some more perspectives like what went on, with her father and the vessel and what happened in the colony before Olivia got back. Maybe some more friends could have tagged along with her. But it was okay. I liked the teen sort of perspective.

Samhain13

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 12, 2019, 06:17:28 PM
Finished reading the book now. Bearing in mind, I've never read young adult or even an alien novel before.

If you even liked this one, you should try some fan favorites like Cold Forge, Labyrinth, Berserker.

The Old One

The Old One

I definitely recommend highly The Cold Forge.

Corporal Hicks

SM

Nice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed