Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,253 times)

Glaive

Glaive

Nothing wrong with being a Gay open-minded libertarian militant atheist...I mean, look at THIS lot!

Nothing wrong with being a gay open-minded libertarian militant atheist...I mean, look at THIS lot!

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 13, 2011, 04:29:23 PM
If it turns out that the SJ's are the 'creators', and they themselves look human... and the movie is poor... I'll be disappointed that my own thoughts/ideas on the SJ's and the derelict have been sullied. However, if the SJ's are the 'creators', and they themselves look human... and the movie is good... I'll be more than fine with that approach. :)

well, I suppose there could be the whole series of ideas that build up through the film about their connection with the origins of the human race and then suddenly we discover that none of this might actually be as real as that.

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 13, 2011, 04:01:43 PM
Actually...let me restate my assertion.

NASA and the Science community has said that Life on earth needed a push, or a jump start. They do not know what, but they agree upon that fact. Based on that.....anything is possible.

I think you're talking about Panspermia...it's an idea that life here could have been seeded by some extraterrestrial source. But that could be as simple as comets distributing organic compounds or even simple microbes into the early Earth atmosphere. It's not "divine," however, more an introduction of organic compounds from interstellar space.

And it's not something the scientific community and NASA have said as a whole. It's an idea...barely a hypothesis, and certainly nowhere near a theory.

Valaquen

There's a thread for the ancient astronaut theory already: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41103.msg1240744#new

ThisBethesdaSea

on a related note

Glaive

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 13, 2011, 04:33:28 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 13, 2011, 04:29:23 PM
If it turns out that the SJ's are the 'creators', and they themselves look human... and the movie is poor... I'll be disappointed that my own thoughts/ideas on the SJ's and the derelict have been sullied. However, if the SJ's are the 'creators', and they themselves look human... and the movie is good... I'll be more than fine with that approach. :)

well, I suppose there could be the whole series of ideas that build up through the film about their connection with the origins of the human race and then suddenly we discover that none of this might actually be as real as that.

I think several of the posters in this thread are missing out the 'FICTION' in the term 'Science-FICTION', just because it offends what they WANT this film to be according to their BELIEF system.

It's a sci-fi (or SF, if you prefer...)film from Sir Ridley Scott that we DON'T REALLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT.

Give IT (and others) a break.

ThisBethesdaSea

Properly stated Glaive. All this criticism for a film no one has seen based off of set pieces we don't have a context for.

Eldritch

I agree fully..

But this has been the trend in this community since before AvP1 was released on PC back in the 90's.

Highland

Quote from: Eldritch on Dec 13, 2011, 05:34:47 PM
I agree fully..

But this has been the trend in this community since before AvP1 was released on PC back in the 90's.

Probably because 85% of anything Alien or Predator related has been absolute garbage since then.

Look into my eye

Look into my eye

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Dec 13, 2011, 04:52:08 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 13, 2011, 04:01:43 PM
Actually...let me restate my assertion.

NASA and the Science community has said that Life on earth needed a push, or a jump start. They do not know what, but they agree upon that fact. Based on that.....anything is possible.

I think you're talking about Panspermia...it's an idea that life here could have been seeded by some extraterrestrial source. But that could be as simple as comets distributing organic compounds or even simple microbes into the early Earth atmosphere. It's not "divine," however, more an introduction of organic compounds from interstellar space.

And it's not something the scientific community and NASA have said as a whole. It's an idea...barely a hypothesis, and certainly nowhere near a theory.

No, he doesn't mean that.
Both NASA, and more interestingly,some quarters of the Vatican have agreed there is a missing link in the evolutionary steps of the human being.We could not of evolved to this stage without a nudge, apparently.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 13, 2011, 03:44:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2011, 03:37:09 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 13, 2011, 02:54:39 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2011, 01:35:01 AM
http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/images/br_spinner_liftoff.jpg

Those wires were digitally removed for the Final Cut.  That's an example of a good use of CGI in conjunction with practical effects.

Those wires were visible in various versions of the film for 25 years - thus showing the a dodgy effect is a dodgy effect no matter how it's executed.

Not sure what you're going for, here. With the Final Cut, Rid had the technology to go in and brush those cables out, and he did so. It was a tasteful revision. If he'd filled the movie up with dancing Jar-Jars, you might be onto something. But again, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. We're talking about how Ridley's going to use the tools, aren't we?

You can still see the wires on the Drop Ship from Aliens in various shots, does it spoil the film... of course not!!

Mus

Mus

Quote from: Look into my eye on Dec 13, 2011, 07:19:22 PM
Both NASA, and more interestingly,some quarters of the Vatican have agreed there is a missing link in the evolutionary steps of the human being.We could not of evolved to this stage without a nudge, apparently.

But who created the aliens? |:[

psychonaut25

Quote from: Mus on Dec 13, 2011, 08:52:47 PM

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mus on Dec 13, 2011, 08:52:47 PM

H.R. Giger.  The more pertinent question is who created H.R Giger and how can he have lived for so long?!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed