Alien Prequel Ripoffs, Requels & Promethesque Trivia

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 10, 2019, 11:10:28 PM

Author
Alien Prequel Ripoffs, Requels & Promethesque Trivia (Read 29,604 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fair enough, but as I said before (convenient, I know) this thread is also for movies (or other formats of fiction) that inspired the prequels.

Anyway, here is a Tintin comic book called "Flight 714 to Sydney." You can find the kind of stuff you may expect from Prometheus: a millionaire on his personal and luxury aircraft, monolithic heads, a temple, ancient aliens and a flying saucer. The story:

QuoteFlight 714 (1968) , is the interrupted voyage, the hijacking which will turn everything upside down, Tintin and his friends' foray into the unknown, in a surreal world highlighted with telepathic phenomena. It is also the incredible contact with extra-terrestrials and the emerging from a dream ... or is it a dream?? Jakarta, the last stop for the Boeing and flight 714 en route to Sydney.

It's said that the comic book was inspired by a book about fringe archeology and ancient astronauts lore called "Le Livre des Secrets Trahis" ("The Book of Betrayed Secrets").

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's more probable,
the inspiration is correlative.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Promethesque Trivia

These are pieces by the Italian artist Alessandro Sicioldr. He describes his art as "visions coming from the unconscious mind", and he even refers to Twin Peak in one of his pieces. However, white and bald humanoids are a common theme in many of his works. I find them quite similar to the Prometheus and Covenant Engineers. But it's not just baldness or skin color, there is something in the nose design too.

Whereas Alien vs Ninja was released in 2010,  the monster in this campy Japanese film is bizarrely similar to the Deacon from Prometheus  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I wondered where the awful design originated from.

Corporal Hicks

Ha! That is so uncanny.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I'd known of it before, just couldn't remember the name.

Naginata

I love its derpy face!  ;D

I'm now picturing the Deacon watching that movie, attempting to battle two Preds ninja-style, and being held back with one hand to his head while futilely swinging with is hands, unable to reach.

"Should... Should I take this one's skull?"

"... Nah, let's just... throw that one back, yeah?"

Immortan Jonesy

I guess these Japanese filmmakers wanted an alien monster as cheap as possible. So they went with the dinosaur man and then added some Xenomorph aesthetic to make it look iconic or something. And as for the Deacon, well, the little guy has a reptilian look in some shots anyway, almost like a velocirapor :laugh:

Naginata

I have to say, in both the Deacon's case and with that goofy ninja-fighting thing, the shit designs have this weird endearing quality for me. I find I actually like them more than if they were more traditionally 'cool' or creepy. Admittedly, that might be down to pity, but...  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Oh! I agree. Too bad we don't have a robot pet based on the Deacon ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Lmfao! The pity of Naginata may rule the fate of many.

Immortan Jonesy

I bet if you put some flesh on the helmet, it would look like this  :laugh:

From the latest trailer anticipating the upcoming Star Wars TV series "The Mandalorian"  :-X :-X :-X

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 31, 2019, 09:52:48 PM
I'd known of it before, just couldn't remember the name.

I think we actually livestreamed it back in the day.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah unfortunately I think so. lol

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Sheridan/Mondoshawan concept for Luc Besson's "The Fifth Element" by Patrice Garcia (1992)

Quote from: Alien ExplorationsDuring the development of Luc Besson's Fifth Element, for the benevolant space faring race known as the Mondoshawans, also known as the Sheridans, Patrice Garcia provided a concept design for one of the entities, that roughly resembled the Space Jockey in that it had a large upper body shell and a helmet with a trunk like proboscis. Inside appeared to be a humanoid being.

Alien Explorations

Moebius Une Jeunesse Heureuse

Moebius Tron

Moebius Oeuvres : L'Homme est-il bon? : Is man good?

More Moebious Sketches

Diver's suit prototype in Medieval manuscript made by Hans Talhoffer

Quote from: Alien ExplorationsIt is said that Giger was given a rhinoceros skull to use when making Alien but I suspect that he had an elephant' skull to use instead or as well. However the head shown here also resembles the headgear from the Talhoffer diving suit design from the Thott manuscript from the 15th Century which displays various designs for various weapons of war barely imagined to have existed in modern day perception.

Alien Explorations

More about the Book...

https://youtu.be/johsROyZLSk

HR Giger's "Chiquita", 1972

In the upper left, you can see a Space Jockey-like creature resting inside of what is seems to be a chamber-like structure. Kinda similar to the Engineer's cryotubes, forty years later.

The Aliens From the Battlefield Earth Novel

A race of giant sociopath humanoids (9 feet tall) called Psychlos, wear breathing devices and are the main antagonists of the novel Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. Both, the book and the movie, are garbage; no to mention that the writer was the founder of Scientology  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed