Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 318,384 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Jun 03, 2012, 01:05:48 AM
This is a bad film. No matter what connection it has to alien or anything else, it is just bad.  Bad script, bad acting, bad music, bad direction.

Every review I have seen have said it is shit, apart from the visuals, but to be honest, I didn't even like the visuals. When I saw how clean and hd it was in the first pictures I was worried, but I saw  the trailer and it seemed to still capture horror. This film has none of that. It is just awful.

This is a lazy review, but I think such a lazy film only deserves such a review.

Final thoughts/emotions: Anger, disappointment, frustration, regret, depression.

I completely disagree with everything your saying here, but what stands out most is the bad acting and bad direction. did you even watch the film? Fassbender and rapace are very good with fassbender turning in a scene stealing effort. and bad direction this is the best looking film that ever been produced, if you have any that look better please tell us. i dont know wheter your joking or just dont have a clue what your on about.

BANE

BANE

I haven't posted here in ages, but with Prometheus out, I thought I'd come back and check out some reviews by some knowledgeable fans.

I have one thing to say: Anyone comparing it to AvP and The Thing 2011, and even calling it worse, can eat themselves. Seriously. Just eat yourself until you implode like a sun collapsing in on itself. Because the only thing I can imagine sitting behind your monitors is a black hole of stupid, sucking in any intelligence and destroying it.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Hey Blain, what did you think of Prometheus?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 03, 2012, 03:18:21 AM
I haven't posted here in ages, but with Prometheus out, I thought I'd come back and check out some reviews by some knowledgeable fans.

I have one thing to say: Anyone comparing it to AvP and The Thing 2011, and even calling it worse, can eat themselves. Seriously. Just eat yourself until you implode like a sun collapsing in on itself. Because the only thing I can imagine sitting behind your monitors is a black hole of stupid, sucking in any intelligence and destroying it.

Its seem IQs dropped sharply since you left

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Can someone please tell me if the film is too dark as in lighting/colour grading? I just want to make sure I see this movie and it looks visually impressive like what we saw in the trailers.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 03, 2012, 03:21:15 AM
I thought it was excellent. 8.5/10. Not as good as Aliens or Alien, but if anyone went in expecting it to be, they set themselves up for disappointment, because let's face it, we've grown to love those films to a point where anything new will initially pale by comparison.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 03, 2012, 03:24:44 AM
People are entitled to their opinion, but at some point it crosses the line from reasonable opinion into tasteless idiocy.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 03, 2012, 03:30:23 AM
Can someone please tell me if the film is too dark as in lighting/colour grading? I just want to make sure I see this movie and it looks visually impressive like what we saw in the trailers.

No, it was lit fine.

It's perfectly valid to compare two films when the similarities being referenced are obvious.

Necronomicon12UK

Necronomicon12UK

I have a first class degree, an MA and work in the film industry - not a stupid person.
For me, AVP was a much better movie. Not sure why somebody's opinion gets you all riled up like that. Not very mature, a bit like this turkey of a film.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 03, 2012, 03:31:59 AM
I thought it was excellent. 8.5/10. Not as good as Aliens or Alien, but if anyone went in expecting it to be, they set themselves up for disappointment, because let's face it, we've grown to love those films to a point where anything new will initially pale by comparison.

People are entitled to their opinion, but at some point it crosses the line from reasonable opinion into tasteless idiocy.

I think theres a lot of people on here who like to push people and wind them up. trolls basically. its fun to see people sprout shit tho because it obvious they dont have a clue what theyre talking about. opinions are fine as long as theyre backed up by reason not just 'this film sucks the alien looks crap in it'

Quote from: Necronomicon12UK on Jun 03, 2012, 03:36:01 AM

I have a first class degree, an MA and work in the film industry - not a stupid person.
For me, AVP was a much better movie. Not sure why somebody's opinion gets you all riled up like that. Not very mature, a bit like this turkey of a film.

Im doing my film degree now where did you do it? and if you are a master degree student you must appreciate prometheus as a piece of art and thus cant compare it to the comic book film avp.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 03, 2012, 03:35:35 AM
It's perfectly valid to compare two films when the similarities being referenced are obvious.
Valid comparisons are fine. Flat out stating, with no reason, that The Thing or AvP is better is ludicrous. Which has happened once, twice, maybe even three times (I stopped checking after the first) in the last 10 or so pages.

Objectively, there's no reason AvP is better. And subjectively, it's lack of...anything substantially better than the scraps off the table of the films comprising the respective franchises gives me cause to question the mental well being of anyone saying it's quality is above that of Prometheus. Which is not, as I said, better than Alien or Aliens, but (again, as I said) nobody should have expected it to be so. Am I riled up? No. But I thought the eating yourself thing was kind of funny, so I went with it.  ;)

BTW, you weren't here (as far as I know) at the time I left for a little while, so I think a belated welcome is in order. Welcome.

Necronomicon12UK

Necronomicon12UK

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 03, 2012, 03:38:12 AM

I think theres a lot of people on here who like to push people and wind them up. trolls basically. its fun to see people sprout shit tho because it obvious they dont have a clue what theyre talking about. opinions are fine as long as theyre backed up by reason not just 'this film sucks the alien looks crap in it'

Im doing my film degree now where you doing it? and if you are a master degree student you must appreciate prometheus as a piece of art and thus cant compare it to the comic book film avp.

Depends how you define a piece of art.. as a visual art installation it would be fine. But it is a narrative film - and as such it fails on all the levels I expect a great movie to deliver. Plot, characterisation, narrative cohesion, not treating the audience like idiots etc..

I'm glad that you like Prometheus, but for me and many others it is a big bad raspberry to film fans.. let alone ALIEN film fans.

Yes bits of it are nice to look at, but a good script is essential for a great film.. and this script is abysmal.

By the way, this is my opinion and NOT an attack on you ;o)

( I studied in London)

Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 03, 2012, 03:48:08 AM

BTW, you weren't here (as far as I know) at the time I left for a little while, so I think a belated welcome is in order. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm genuinely pleased for the people who liked the movie, but I do find it odd that people on forums attack those that are just expressing their disappointment.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Necronomicon12UK on Jun 03, 2012, 03:53:59 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 03, 2012, 03:38:12 AM

Im doing my film degree now where you doing it? and if you are a master degree student you must appreciate prometheus as a piece of art and thus cant compare it to the comic book film avp.

Depends how you define a piece of art.. as a visual art installation it would be fine. But it is a narrative film - and as such it fails on all the levels I expect a great movie to deliver. Plot, characterisation, narrative cohesion, not treating the audience like idiots etc..

I'm glad that you like Prometheus, but for me and many others it is a big bad raspberry to film fans.. let alone ALIEN film fans.

Yes bits of it are nice to look at, but a good script is essential for a great film.. and this script is abysmal.

By the way, this is my opinion and NOT an attack on you ;o)

( I studied in London)

Haha i know your not, everyones entitled to their own opinion just gets annoying when fan boys dont back up there arguments.

As everyone knows RS is a visual director and this shines through in prometheus, amazing cinematography and scene set, the film really benefits from the sets. remeber back to how popcorn and teen targeted AVP was, theres no way you can compare two such films, yes they have a same base of storyline but this film has completely different ideas. you didnt see shaw picking up her axe and backing up the engineer ala AVP.

Nice im doing mine in Liverpool, a lot of fun.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Necronomicon12UK on Jun 03, 2012, 03:53:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm genuinely pleased for the people who liked the movie, but I do find it odd that people on forums attack those that are just expressing their disappointment.
I have found that, on the internet, a lot of the opinions voiced bashing a film are either not based on anything and are merely "fanboy" biases, or the ramblings of attention deficit imbeciles (obviously you are neither, but nonetheless there are those who will fit into one or both of those). I couldn't really fathom why anyone would like AvP better, and it sort of made me (needlessly) angry, like when a friend of mine said Transformers was better than Coriolanus.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I find it fascinating reading both sides how strongly they stand on their stance. Its either "its great" or "its an embarrassment". For someone who havent seen the movie and has no clue about how its gonna be, its interesting to read both sides

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

there's only one side here. the "I DISAGREE! YOU MUST BE TROLLING!" one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed