Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 316,850 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 26, 2021, 07:39:23 AM
QuoteAnd yup, he loves Moebious, And I'm sure Aaron Guzikowski, creator of Raised by Wolves, was aware of that.

Considering that it's Moebius: The Series featuring Prometheus themes, yeah, I'd say so.

Sometimes I wonder if 2 of the main characters in Raised by Wolves, Mother & Father are what could have been David & Shaw in Paradise or David & Daniels (or Walter somehow) in Origae 6.

But I honestly believe that Prometheus 2 never really existed. I don't remember if it was Ridley or Lindelof, but someone said in those days that the sequel would get even further away from Alien. However I think they had no idea how to continue after Prometheus.

Later we learned that the earliest precursor to Covenant was "Paradise Lost", since Carlos Huante shared a series of concepts that portray plants that may or may not be the source of the black pathogen; as well as mutated fauna. But overall it was pretty much the same story as Covenant. Even the Alien was present. Probably the most notable differences were a fight between the Alien and a Neomorph and more screen time for Shaw.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think you're right, it's another internet myth, perpetuated by a consumer culture that thinks it knows better on creation than creators.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, is it even less real than the Aliens script from Blomkamp, which apparently actually exists in some primordial form.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

And assertions regarding quality of the unmade indeed.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 26, 2021, 03:51:13 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 26, 2021, 07:39:23 AM
QuoteAnd yup, he loves Moebious, And I'm sure Aaron Guzikowski, creator of Raised by Wolves, was aware of that.

Considering that it's Moebius: The Series featuring Prometheus themes, yeah, I'd say so.

Sometimes I wonder if 2 of the main characters in Raised by Wolves, Mother & Father are what could have been David & Shaw in Paradise or David & Daniels (or Walter somehow) in Origae 6.

But I honestly believe that Prometheus 2 never really existed. I don't remember if it was Ridley or Lindelof, but someone said in those days that the sequel would get even further away from Alien. However I think they had no idea how to continue after Prometheus.

Later we learned that the earliest precursor to Covenant was "Paradise Lost", since Carlos Huante shared a series of concepts that portray plants that may or may not be the source of the black pathogen; as well as mutated fauna. But overall it was pretty much the same story as Covenant. Even the Alien was present. Probably the most notable differences were a fight between the Alien and a Neomorph and more screen time for Shaw.

I would love to see something along the lines of that flora - not as the "source" of the Pathogen, mind you, but rather, as a sort of growth/extension of it.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

The other day I decided to marathon Prometheus, Covenant and all the viral shorts and after doing so I don't really see the need for a 3rd film. I kind of like that the bad guy wins. Also, Advent kind of fills the gaps; David creates a queen and transmits the message to the company which would surely put the Company on high alert for anything of interest in Zeta Reticuli. Which then justifies the Company diverting the Nostromo in the original film. But ya, considering that Alien is moving to the small screen it's very doubtful that a third prequel is coming which personally I'm fine with.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 25, 2021, 02:23:45 PM
The other day I decided to marathon Prometheus, Covenant and all the viral shorts and after doing so I don't really see the need for a 3rd film. I kind of like that the bad guy wins. Also, Advent kind of fills the gaps; David creates a queen and transmits the message to the company which would surely put the Company on high alert for anything of interest in Zeta Reticuli. Which then justifies the Company diverting the Nostromo in the original film. But ya, considering that Alien is moving to the small screen it's very doubtful that a third prequel is coming which personally I'm fine with.

David created a Queen? Is this in Advent or one of the shorts?

Evanus

Evanus

Only really implied in Advent, when he refers to Daniels as his queen.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Evanus on Jul 10, 2021, 10:23:26 PM

What is Advent by the way? I am unsure if I saw it, or is it a book?

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 03:48:50 AM

It's a short film that was included on the blu-ray. You can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/468354052

Might be the closest we'll get to a Covenant sequel.  :D

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I really think you know your movie waa bad if they had to make other footage to explain things or worse write books, cough The Rise of Skywalker, cough. :D

Kradan

Kradan

Firstly,  >:(

Secondly, I can happily live without Advent and still enjoy Covenant tremendously. Heck, I can't even find goddamn short in YT anymore, so I  can't even watch it

Thirdly, don't you dare compare that piece of garbage to Covenant ever again

Cheers

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 11, 2021, 11:11:23 PM
Heck, I can't even find goddamn short in YT anymore, so I  can't even watch it

That Vimeo link seems to be it, online. Get the bluray tbh.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The virals for Covenant (or even Prometheus, for that matter) don't really set out explain anything that feels like it is "missing" from the movie itself. They're marketing – more akin to trailers to push the movie's release or promotional marerials to sell discs, with a bit of an "in-universe" flavor.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Evanus on Jul 11, 2021, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 03:48:50 AM

It's a short film that was included on the blu-ray. You can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/468354052

Might be the closest we'll get to a Covenant sequel.  :D

Covenant was an improvement for sure, but sometimes I can't help but feel nostalgic for the possibility that Scott's third prequel is the best of all.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed