Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 74,860 times)

Adam802

Good to hear more news that A3/A:R will be disregarded for this movie. I really hope though, that ALIEN V wanst changed too much to make room for Prom 2.  I really disliked Prometheus for an ALIEN movie. 

oduodu

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 21, 2015, 05:16:43 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2015, 02:51:18 PM
If I had to guess, I'd assume that the thing Scott requested Blomkamp change had something to do with the portrayal of the Derelict/Juggernaut that seems to play a role in the film.

Yeah this unfortunately suggests to me that we are stuck with the shitty Engineers.

Good point- I fear the same

Alien161

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the title were either, PLANET OF THE ALIENS or PLANET ALIEN. FOX owns the rights to both the ALIEN franchise & the PLANET OF THE APES series, so there would be no infringement or lawsuits. And, everyone expects the film to visit the original planet of the xenomorphs at some point. Yeah, the titles may be a bit cheesy, but I could happily get behind PLANET ALIEN as the title.

Alien³

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 21, 2015, 06:28:09 PM
Nope, everything about them is excellent in its presentation.

Continue to be butthurt about your Space Elephants while I'll continue to appreciate both Giger's Space Jockey and the Engineers. ^.^

I agree, but they're Giger's Enigneers actually... ;)

I believe the giveaway title will be Alien: Into Darkness.

stroggificated

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 21, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 21, 2015, 05:16:43 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2015, 02:51:18 PM
If I had to guess, I'd assume that the thing Scott requested Blomkamp change had something to do with the portrayal of the Derelict/Juggernaut that seems to play a role in the film.

Yeah this unfortunately suggests to me that we are stuck with the shitty Engineers.

Good point- I fear the same

Why is Ridley Scott even the producer of this? A man who finds the xenomorph lame nowadays? Just to follow his own interests for his Prometheus saga? ::)
Why does a producer even have a say in this? I'm not surprised if Blomkamp (a big fan) got weak in the knees, because that producer was the director of the first Alien movie. So yeah, i'm pretty sure we can consider our big Vin Diesel as Space Jockey by now  :-\ ::)

Spoiler

At least this guy would have been a reasonable compromise between a giant Vin Diesel and a Space Elephant, btw  ;D
[close]

Alien³

Quote from: stroggificated on Mar 21, 2015, 11:35:23 PM
Spoiler

[close]

That artwork is well painted, but the face is laughable.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 21, 2015, 06:33:15 PM
True sequel to the first two movies he's clarified, eh? If that isn't a blatant and clear enough standing that this is an alternative Alien 3, then I don't know what is!  :laugh: It's a now choose your own adventure!

That phrase always wants me to punch someone in the face. True sequel to the first two movies? What does that really mean? It means: A movie that is just like my beloved ALIENS, but I'm referring to ALIEN as token by association so that I sound level-headed and informed and not like the raging forever adolescent fanboy with a hard-on for Hicks that I really am.

Yup, choose your adventure is what it looks like. This movie project just feels so insincere and a joke in so many ways. The way Blomkamp is approaching this as a movie makes me cringe. Fans make horrible movies because they are too tangled up in their fandom and can't help infringing on the quality of the movie in favor of fan-service and one's own fandom. It's gonna be there and it is going to pollute everything. It will drive the wedge between fans even further and make the franchise and it's movies even sillier and campy than it already is.

Son Of Kane

Also this "giant vin diesel" or "albino bodybuilder" crap analogies need to stop, dislike the concept if you wish but please don't relegate it to something it isn't.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 12:09:01 AM
Also this "giant vin diesel" or "albino bodybuilder" crap analogies need to stop, dislike the concept if you wish but please don't relegate it to something it isn't.
Like the space elephant crap analogy...?

Son Of Kane

No, because the Space Jockey is a lovecrafian elephantine creature.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 12:10:44 AM
No, because the Space Jockey is a lovecrafian elephantine creature.
In no manner it looks elephantine. Yet here we are. "Albino Vin Diesel" is comparatively a far more accurate analogy for the engineers.

Son Of Kane

It absolutely looks elephantine, (From what we see) are you joking?

Long stubby arms, and a trunk, most of all.

And no, it comparatively isn't, it isn't even a simplification of the concept in the manner Lovecraftian elephant is.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 22, 2015, 12:05:36 AM
That phrase always wants me to punch someone in the face. True sequel to the first two movies? What does that really mean? It means: A movie that is just like my beloved ALIENS, but I'm referring to ALIEN as token by association so that I sound level-headed and informed and not like the raging forever adolescent fanboy with a hard-on for Hicks that I really am.

Yup, choose your adventure is what it looks like. This movie project just feels so insincere and a joke in so many ways. The way Blomkamp is approaching this as a movie makes me cringe. Fans make horrible movies because they are too tangled up in their fandom and can't help infringing on the quality of the movie in favor of fan-service and one's own fandom. It's gonna be there and it is going to pollute everything. It will drive the wedge between fans even further and make the franchise and it's movies even sillier and campy than it already is.

SpreadEagleBeagle let me say that I absolutely feel your pain, because I have been there before. I was there when PREDATORS was being produced and toted around as the "true sequel" to the 1987 original. And much like you, I wanted to punch and still want to punch someone in the face. So I understand your pain. I understand your frustration, and I completely sympathize with you. I really do. I mean... Did I want another Alien movie to be made? Hell no! And no one asked for it.. except for maybe people who were disappointed with Prometheus but considering that this is Blomkamp, who more or less now confirmed what he's going with the movies and his stance on it.. It's pretty distressing. I understand. The same thing happened with PREDATORS, and the same thing is happening here.

PREDATORS had a Predator 1 fanboy helming the project, and here we have an ALIENS fan helming the project but now he's being told to accommodate for Prometheus. A movie that Ridley Scott is hashing out and is continuing to hash out with his sequel. And as someone had said, it seemed like Blomkamp complied because Scott is his idol. Infact, it's looking like this is the PREDATORS of the Alien franchise as far as direct sequels go. Do I like the fact that it's changing things? Hell no.

But he's not "undoing" Alien 3 and Resurrection. Those are still there and will always be a part of the series. It's probably best to look at the series now like the Godzilla and Halloween films. We've got alternate timelines/continuity paths now. I don't care if what I just said gets certain fans panties in a damn knot.. CANON BE DAMNED! Especially considering that the franchises have been retconned/rebooted twice already (PREDATORS and Prometheus) and now a third time? Well, if you ask me, picking and choosing your adventure is not a bad thing.. If you ask me.. it gives us a way out to follow what we want.

You want to follow Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection's timeline? Be my guest! You won't be wrong!

DaddyYautja

OMG Ridley! Why are you trying to destroy other aliens movies? You already destroyed yours, why do you need to step on others?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 12:19:17 AM
It absolutely looks elephantine, (From what we see) are you joking?
No, are you? A thin, bony structure that merges the skull of the thing with its sternum in no manner resembles an elephant trunk -- a thick, fleshy, muscular appendage with a wide range of motion and purposes.

Prometheus turned the thing into a tapir suit. Before that, it was just a twisted amalgamation of machinery and bones.

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 22, 2015, 12:19:17 AM
it isn't even a simplification of the concept in the manner Lovecraftian elephant is.
You're correct -- it's a direct, devastatingly accurate description of the engineer.

In other words -- I hope you see the point now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed