Engineers destroy Humanity because of David

Started by Molecular Acid, Sep 25, 2020, 08:26:41 AM

Author
Engineers destroy Humanity because of David (Read 13,487 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Morse is the Space Jockey, but also David's true father.

Gr33n M4n

Let's not give Ridley any crazy ideas  ;D

bb-15

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 10, 2020, 05:17:00 AMI know he touched David on the head, was he able to tell by that alone?

That's my POV. I'm influenced by the last draft script by Jon Spaihts which gives the Engineer psychic abilitIes (mind control). That skill could be useful in recognizing the difference between a biological human and a synthetic replica of a human.

- I realize from "Prometheus" alone, this is head canon, but Ridley Scott's science-fiction movies push the viewer to come up with these kinds of explanations.
We know the Engineer tore off David's head after taking a moment to examine it. The Engineer does not react in shock as if it made a mistake.
The Engineer doesn't tear off anyone else's head. It's natural to come up with a reason why.

Quote from: Molecular Acid on Nov 10, 2020, 05:10:02 AM
I will try to boil it down (this is the complete series, prequels and original trilogy).

From Prometheus on:...

2.) I believe that Engineers fear A.I. for a reason and it's why they have a disdain for humans due to the fact that humans refuse to work on their own anatomy and knowledge; they use A.I. Almost as slaves that create their creator's realities.

The sacrificial Engineer from the beginning of "Prometheus" hInts that the Engineers were more hands-on in their approach.
In an interview at the release of "Prometheus" Ridley says that the Engineer culture included their own sacrifice like the Mayans.

Quote from: Molecular Acid on Nov 10, 2020, 05:10:02 AM
3.) We are now on to what David has addressed as human perceived superiority and sadly is inferiority, you created a monster of your reflection.

In the commentary for "Covenant" this is Ridley's view. AI can become a deadly threat and that is what David is.
The viewer can then use this idea to explain why the "Prometheus" Engineer ripped David's head off.

;)

Shugsi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 12, 2020, 03:04:27 PM
Morse is the Space Jockey, but also David's true father.

:laugh: This!!!

Immortan Jonesy

Shugsi

I've seen Covenant once. I never thought we should have seen the Space Jockey origin at all (I liked the mystery) but was willing to let Prometheus roll because I quite liked Shaw. But with her being removed from Covenant and David the cause of it all. Well... I am sure a few heard some of us scream even in space.

Gr33n M4n

In my headcanon, the Alien was an experimental weapon created by the Space Jockey during a galactic war.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Phobos on Dec 03, 2020, 02:44:14 PM
In my headcanon, the Alien was an experimental weapon created by the Space Jockey during a galactic war.
Being left to an individual's headcanon is where it's at.

We judge things on the familiar. I like to think it's something beyond our comprehension.

skhellter

There's quite a few comics/books/games/audioplays where the Alien is an "ancient bioweapon" and it does give the creature a certain mystique...

That said, i quite like Covenant and the "David creates the xenomorph because he hates humanity and is obsessed with sex" storyline.

Whether i finally sign on the dotted line regarding David's story depends a lot on that final prequel film...

Shugsi

Yes lets wait and see what happens next...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 03, 2020, 03:11:03 PM
There's quite a few comics/books/games/audioplays where the Alien is an "ancient bioweapon" and it does give the creature a certain mystique...

That said, i quite like Covenant and the "David creates the xenomorph because he hates humanity and is obsessed with sex" storyline.

Whether i finally sign on the dotted line regarding David's story depends a lot on that final prequel film...

Why not both?

Spoiler
I mean having completely divergent movies and abandoning the plebbery of canon and continuity while enjoying MR RIDZ WILD RIDE and also enjoying other entries in the franchise.
[close]

skhellter

don't like prometheus but i like Covenant

Ridley is 50/50 with his prequel nonsense. Final movie will tip the scales into "god tier ridley" or "neat idea, dogshit execution".

Looking likely to go into the later, once again.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Phobos on Dec 03, 2020, 02:44:14 PM

~ Jockey vs. the Forces of Evil ~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Shugsi

That's true. S1L was (Encouraged) made to clean out us by some alien race.

Gr33n M4n

They were at war with the Arcturians.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed