PROMETHEUS and COVENANT (Chaos Editions) - OUT NOW

Started by GrimmVision, May 20, 2018, 03:50:12 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS and COVENANT (Chaos Editions) - OUT NOW (Read 71,617 times)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

"Awake, Chaos: We have napped." - E. E. Cummings

@CoalescedChaos and Yutani.blog are proud to present the Chaos Editions of Prometheus & Alien: Covenant.

These fan edits are brought to you in full HD 1080p and are accompanied by 5.1 surround sound. My intent for the alterations and additions made here are to introduce 30+ minutes of deleted scenes, alternate scenes, bonus content, and marketing virals/ads into the original films in a way which feels professional and seamless, allowing for the ultimate viewing experience of the Alien saga prequels.

A special thank you for those who've been waiting for these to finally be released. Your patience and support has not gone unnoticed. If you'd like to know more information about these projects and the process I went through in creating them, visit this link: https://yutani.blog/2018/05/03/chaos-editions/

An extra special thanks to Jimmy Delaroja, who helped make the Chaos Edition of Prometheus a reality by finishing the VFX in multiple deleted scenes and bonus footage.

Below is the link to page where you can find the links for download/streaming. Also, as a surprise, I have links to download multiple special features from both Prometheus' and Covenant's Blu-Rays. If you'd like access to the special features, please PM me.

https://yutani.blog/2018/05/20/prometheus-covenant-chaos-editions-out-now/

• Prometheus (Chaos Edition): (One file - 18 GB)
• Alien: Covenant (Chaos Edition): (One file - 18 GB)

*** Please, note that Google Drive and MEGA compress video files to allow streaming via the internet, which produces graininess and pixilation, especially in dark areas of scenes. The quality you see while streaming, regardless of playback resolution, is not reflective of the actual quality of the files you can download from the folders above.

*** I know the files are large. They are not meant to be mobile versions of the films. Rather, they're meant to replace your Blu-Ray copies. If you want smaller versions of them, it's easy enough to compress them yourself.

*** The Chaos Editions are replacing my old 2017 Workprint edition of Prometheus, which I posted here on the forums last year. That thread is now locked and the link is no longer working.

HybridNewborn

I'm going to set aside dedicated time tomorrow to just start the downloads and go out for a walk or something heh. Looking forward to watching this edit of Covenant!

whiskybar123

Nice 1. Downloading just now.
Cant wait to watch  :)

Scorpio

So long as only added stuff and not taken stuff out, like Evanus did.  Because some of the deleted scenes are good.  I still prefer the theatrical cuts though.  But if you found a good way of putting them back in the film, congratulations.

HybridNewborn

The edit of Prometheus was comprehensive and flowed very well, so I have faith that this Covenant edit will be similarly expansive and great :)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I don't find there's a reason to take anything out of either Prometheus or Covenant. Nothing is inherently bad enough in the base films that I think constitutes retractions of content. If I were to ever do a special version of Resurrection, that'd be a whole different story.

However, I did use the alternate CGI Xeno version of Fifield's attack upon the Prometheus because I feel like it works better than Practical Zombie Fifield.

I used the alternate version of Muthur alerting Walter to the Neutrino Burst because I like the hydroponics scene and the back and forth between both A.I.s

I also moved the Bombing Sequence in Covenant so that it happens later in the film as Walter questions David about Elizabeth.

DorkiDori

Ooooooo gonna download and watch these later today :D

iain

Thank you. Can't wait to watch!

Scorpio

Quote from: ᴄᴏᴀʟᴇsᴄᴇᴅᴄʜᴀᴏs on May 20, 2018, 08:32:52 PM

However, I did use the alternate CGI Xeno version of Fifield's attack upon the Prometheus because I feel like it works better than Practical Zombie Fifield.

I also moved the Bombing Sequence in Covenant so that it happens later in the film as Walter questions David about Elizabeth.

Those changes aren't good (IMO).

The practical Fifield looks much better than ADHD Gollum. 

The bombing scene is best left where it is, because of the location of David/Walter is overlooking the Citadel arena, where the bombing occurred, makes more sense for it to be there (there are other reasons as well).

MU-TH-UR 6000

Must've been a gargantuan job to put these together! Good job, I'll check 'em out once I have some spare time next week.

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Scorpio on May 20, 2018, 09:42:08 PM

The bombing scene is best left where it is, because of the location of David/Walter is overlooking the Citadel arena, where the bombing occurred, makes more sense for it to be there (there are other reasons as well).

From a storytelling standpoint, it makes much more sense to reveal to the audience what really happened at the same time as it's revealed to the characters.

GrimmVision

Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 21, 2018, 02:43:42 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on May 20, 2018, 09:42:08 PM

From a storytelling standpoint, it makes much more sense to reveal to the audience what really happened at the same time as it's revealed to the characters.

I agree. We definitely know from the introduction of David in Covenant that he is, in fact a bit broken. But there's still an air of confusion regarding David's motivations when we meet him. When Walter brings up Elizabeth and the dropping of the Accelerent, it only solidifies his departure from servitude. Since Walter brings up Elizabeth dying in the crash, I feel it's fitting to see the sequence play out immediately afterward.

Scorpio

You don't have to do that every time, sometimes the audience can be ahead of the characters.

GrimmVision

Quote from: Scorpio on May 21, 2018, 03:30:47 AM

You don't have to do that every time, sometimes the audience can be ahead of the characters.

The audience had been ahead of the characters since David dipped his contaminated finger in Holloway's drink.

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Scorpio on May 20, 2018, 09:42:08 PMThe practical Fifield looks much better than ADHD Gollum. 
Additionally, the mutated Fifield brings a sense of cohesion to the creatures of the film that practical Fifield lacks. It goes from a space zombie attack to another in the line of strange milky white abominations spawned via black goo infection, like the hammerpeed and the trilobite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed