Sigourney Weaver On Alien Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 17, 2010, 11:34:50 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver On Alien Series (Read 3,659 times)

Corporal Hicks

A new interview with Sigourney Weaver has been posted up on ShockTillYouDrop:

“You know, I work with a lot of young actors at our theater in New York,  The Flea, and it’s good for them to see these embarrassing screen tests.  I guess I can sort of see what Ridley maybe liked in it. It’s hard to  let it go because, obviously, the film is a much more finished  performance. But it’s good for people to see that we actually got better  in the movie.”

She talks about the Prequel, the series in general, Avatar and they discuss the Anthology set briefly. Click for the whole thing. Thanks to AlienFan2006.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Sigourney's so awesome. You gotta love her. lol Even now, she's still a babe. :D

There is no "company" in Alien: Resurrection

There is no "company" in Alien: Resurrection

BEST. INTERVIEW. EVER.

The First Question:  "There was an interesting end to "Alien: Resurrection" with the clone Ripley and finally getting back to Earth. What are your thoughts on the fourth film and where it could have gone?"

Sigourney Weaver: "I really enjoyed a lot of "Alien: Resurrection." I thought that the scientists were really wonderful and the company was more detestable than ever."

Wow...I couldn't agree more; the company (aka Weiland Yutani) is so much more detestable in Alien Resurrection than it ever is the other three films.

Wait?!? On second thought, is the company even in Alien Resurrection???

OMG, No, their not!!!

Way to go with knowing your own movies, Weaver.  Wasn't she also the co-producer on Alien Resurrection too?!?

...no wonder that film sucked so hard.

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Did Sigourney say "Weyland-Yutani"? I don't think she did.  Don't make assumptions, you silly person.
"The Company" could just refer to the company in that particular film.  It doesn't matter if it's a different company, or that it's military rather than corporate, it's still a company. Stop being a nerd, get laid, and stop caring so much about the details of a sci-fi franchise.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

What an interesting read.  :)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Gotta love how Weaver remains totally professional throughout any interview.  We can sit here and say what we like about the Alien movies, but she never disses them, is always complemenary and there's always a reason why... such a class act in every sense of the word!

SM

SM

Wow...I couldn't agree more; the company (aka Weiland Yutani) is so much more detestable in Alien Resurrection than it ever is the other three films.

Wait?!? On second thought, is the company even in Alien Resurrection???

OMG, No, their not!!!

Way to go with knowing your own movies, Weaver. Wasn't she also the co-producer on Alien Resurrection too?!?

...no wonder that film sucked so hard.

The company - spelled Weyland Yutani (or Weylan at a pinch) incidentally - was essentially replaced by the USM.

frostedone

frostedone

She never said said the company in Alien 4 was Weyland Yutani.

This was a good interview, and it it nice to see Sigourney has such a good relationship with the directors, even after all of these years. She is very classy and professional about everything.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

This is one of the best interviews with Sigourney I've read. I agree with frostedone classy & professional. Wanting to portay an older Ripley that finds a well earned & deserved happiness...after slaying more xenomorphs of course ;)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

"I've heard people arguing over their favorites, though, and three and four have a lot of fans."

wat

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed