Full Prometheus Credits List Reveals Spoilers

Started by RoaryUK, May 01, 2012, 01:48:17 PM

Author
Full Prometheus Credits List Reveals Spoilers (Read 27,199 times)

Jango1201

David wandering the ship is a nod to an early Aliens draft where Bishop was supposed to be wandering the Sulaco while everyone else was in cryo sleep.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 06:30:53 PM
PS: I found another old still with David and what we now know is a baskeball, probably wandering the ship alone while the crew are in the freezers. There's probably a montage with him wandering about the ship, mirroring similar establishing montages in Alien and Aliens DC.

Indeed. Also similar to Cameron's idea of introducing Bishop wandering endlessly through the Sulaco before he opted for the knife scene.

Michael Harper

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 01, 2012, 03:16:05 PM
Quote from: Despicable Dugong on May 01, 2012, 03:15:14 PM
Spoiler
Sacrifice Engineer
[close]

Oooooh wonder what that entails then?  ;D

Sounds like the "alien death cult" part might be true after all.

Or it could be
Spoiler
the Engineer that transports the ship with the eggs and lands on LV-426. That would surely be a sacrifice
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

It's nice to see familiar faces in the crack alley Bad Replicant.  :-X

Ooohh. Spoiler credits huh?

Ehh. Nothing too crazy. Just incidentals and confirmations of past info. Nothing mind blowing.

Funny how the words SPOILER don't deter me anymore. When I see WARNING!! HUGE PLOT SPOILERS! HUGE REVELATIONS! LOOKS AT OWN RISK!! Then I may give pause ... bite by finger ... try to rip my modem out of the wall and go live in the mountains until June.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on May 01, 2012, 07:02:55 PM
Or it could be

Eh, but we pretty much know there won't be a direct connection like that.

Barringer

The crew of the Prometheus comes out of cryosleep on December 21, 2091 according to the subtitle in the film giving the information on the Prometheus and its crew and its distance from Earth.

Mastes1

Quote from: Barringer on May 01, 2012, 09:28:26 PM
The crew of the Prometheus comes out of cryosleep on December 21, 2091 according to the subtitle in the film giving the information on the Prometheus and its crew and its distance from Earth.
I'm guessing this isn't set 30 years before ALIEN then. ALIENS is set in 2150 something (can't remember the exact date) and Ripley had been in hypersleep for 57 years meaning that ALIEN is set around 2100.

Barringer

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 01, 2012, 09:36:38 PM
I'm guessing this isn't set 30 years before ALIEN then. ALIENS is set in 2150 something (can't remember the exact date) and Ripley had been in hypersleep for 57 years meaning that ALIEN is set around 2100.

Alien is set in 2122 and Aliens is set in 2179. This movie is precisely 30 years before Alien.

Mastes1

Quote from: Barringer on May 01, 2012, 09:39:39 PM

Alien is set in 2122 and Aliens is set in 2179. This movie is precisely 30 years before Alien.
Cani i ask where you got those dates from (the 2179 one does sound familiar). I ask because Cameron said he set AVATAR in the smae year as ALIENS as a little eatser egg for the fans, kind of making out that the films are in the same universe, anyway the year on the AVATAR cameras that Jake speaks into are 2150 something (2153 i think).

dxdt

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 01, 2012, 01:53:07 PM
Theme from Alien eh? I would've rather they leave the film alone and created their own singular sound. Those songs included are a bit off putting.

I think I heard the Alien score during one of the recent trailers.

Ridley Scott's mentioned how highly he regards Jerry Goldsmith's score. It's an important element of the picture, establishing the tone as it does. I'm sure it's appropriate to include at least a snippet in honor of the late composer. My guess is it'll be integrated into the film's original score and during scenes that directly recall the original film.

Shouldn't be distracting either, or seem telegraphed or incongruous, since none of Alien's themes are as obvious as say, The Imperial March or The Fellowship Theme. Most people probably won't recognize it.

Barringer

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 01, 2012, 09:54:36 PM
Quote from: Barringer on May 01, 2012, 09:39:39 PM

Cani i ask where you got those dates from (the 2179 one does sound familiar). I ask because Cameron said he set AVATAR in the smae year as ALIENS as a little eatser egg for the fans, kind of making out that the films are in the same universe, anyway the year on the AVATAR cameras that Jake speaks into are 2150 something (2153 i think).

I believe the dates are derived from Aliens, specifically Ripley's line: "I just checked the colony log, directive dated 6/12/79, signed Burke, Carter J." I'm guessing that the year Alien is set is backward derived from that, hence 2122. That Prometheus is said to be set 30 years before Alien, and is definitively stated to be 2092, further corroborates that.

I could be mistaken though and the 2122 date is derived from Alien, either its script or novelization and Cameron got his dates from that, but I don't know.

MrSpaceJockey

Eva, you are brilliant!  I always remembered that old basketball still from Comic-con but never put things together after seeing the new featurette!

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 01, 2012, 05:42:28 PM
Spoiler
Ghost Engineer
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

He...he slimed me.

Valaquen

Quote from: Barringer on May 01, 2012, 10:19:42 PM
I believe the dates are derived from Aliens, specifically Ripley's line: "I just checked the colony log, directive dated 6/12/79, signed Burke, Carter J." I'm guessing that the year Alien is set is backward derived from that, hence 2122. That Prometheus is said to be set 30 years before Alien, and is definitively stated to be 2092, further corroborates that.

I could be mistaken though and the 2122 date is derived from Alien, either its script or novelization and Cameron got his dates from that, but I don't know.
The dates were written down by Ron Cobb et al when designing the patches for ALIEN. Ridley Scott also wrote down bios for the characters that included their entire histories. The Alien 20th anniversary includes crew profiles as a bonus. Alien is indeed roughly 2121/2122 and Aliens 2179.

SM

ChrisPachi

As an Aussie, I say we make June 3rd a public holiday. Poor bastards.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed