Player Review Thread*spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 17, 2007, 08:32:04 AM

Author
Player Review Thread*spoilers* (Read 22,674 times)

Corporal Hicks

Just picked up the game? Think it's awesome? Think it's lame. This is the place to let us know.

PSP Junky

PSP Junky

I think it is awsome ;D ;D ;D ;D running around killing things

War Wager

War Wager

Have you had any run-ins with the PredAlien?

Two-Stripes

I have about 3 more "areas" left to complete but no predalien yet....
crossing my fingures though.
want to know all the weapons available????
;D

Two-Stripes

*spoilers*
ok, yeah. there are hybrid's running around. however their most distinguishing factor isn't their face mandibles as you'd think but the tails. they stand out a lot more as well as the head shape. not very noticeable dreds either. they are a little bit tougher to kill but not by much.

The game was O.K. I like playing skirmish and see how many alien kills I can rack up before time runs out. You can mix up your fighting styles a bit but not enough in my opinion. Between switching weapons (which is fairly slow paced and useless when in combat with a xeno, and tossing aliens around (grabbing one by it's tail and swinging it around or over the head tosses) there still is a repetitive feeling to the game. however in my opinion it is worth getting. it's not gonna grab you by the balls and not let go until you've beaten it 3 times, but it will have you comming back to it on your lunch break or after a TV. show, etc.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Everybody hear that!!

It's a rental!!!!

Two-Stripes

haha
yeah some would feel that way.

oh
*spoiler*
each level starts out with a little briefing.
ex.
"Ok, ya needa kill these guys, get this stuff and try not to kill those guys"
the last few "levels" start out with basicaly:
"the alien's are spreading"
"stop them from spreading underneath the city via sewer systems"
"ok there's a sh-t load of these bloody xeno's-try and stop 'em before they get a queen and form a hive"
(i doubt Wolf is anwhere near capable of taking on an alien hive)
and the last little cinematic shows air force jets  bombing the shit out of the town and a queen alien dying in the process.)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

From what I've played so far, its only average.  I also have a bad time with it freezing.  Which sucks since I don't have a memory stick.

I'll give a more comprehensive review when I do, since the last level is bad about freezing on my psp slim.

Its not worth the 30 bucks I paid for it.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

What about the hybrids, where are they from, dog alien, elk alien? What do they look like?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't know where they come from.  I've only seen drones, and super drones which I assume are molting queens do to their design.

Blaz

Blaz

Not that I've played it, but there is another proper review from http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=824524. Not bad, they gave it 7.4.

Horhey

Horhey

What's the replay value of this game? Is there extra things you can do after you beat it?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There are three routes that lead to the same finish.  The skirmish mode is weak, and the multi IS the skirmish mode.

Personally I'd nic it off ebay or let it drop in price before I got it, knowing now how it plays. 

Its definately a playable game, but its rushed, and super repetitive.

Accaris

Accaris

It seems pretty accurate to the movie, what with pred going PEWPEWLASERS and mowing down thousands of aliens at a time. :P

I played this briefly, didn't go through the whole thing, but really everything that needs to be said is above. This game is a brief novelty, very repetitive (but without an old-school arcade feel that would warrant such repetition) with bland but not terrible --insert anything else about the game here--.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I bought it today and finished it today, it was a fun basic game, nothing complex, just strait forward missions, the only things I didn't like about the game was, there was hardly any weapons, after playing concrete jungle I imaged a large selection of weapons like in CJ, but there is only a few, the hand gun thing is fun.

the other thing is, there's no predalien, there is warrior aliens and, basically, praetorian aliens, and at the end you fight an army helicopter, the last cut scene as a queen alien emerge from the ground only to be destroyed by the army, I was really looking forward to seeing the predalien, but it was a let down not seeing it, the game is fun though, I just wished there was a little more to it, like un-lockable features and stuff.

I wont put something out of 5 because my games reviewing lecturer said that you either like the game or you don't so, what are you comparing it to?

So I like the game  ;D   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed