Started by stickaround, Feb 27, 2007, 11:25:12 PM

Author
The ROBOCOP thread (Read 272,814 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

A remake is a bad idea if you ask me.

severen76

severen76

My god. This threads name alone scared the crap out of me!

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

How about... They pull a Superman Returns and forget 2 and 3 and just make Robocop 2 based on the Frank Miller script.

severen76

severen76

^^But without all the CGI thank you very much.

There isn't enough stop motion animation anymore. I loved it in the originals. ;D

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

I heard Robocop is in MGM's list of franchises they might be interested on using on the near future. I would like a remake, I don't think a sequel would do it for me, it would have to be redone, have a different plot, it should have the same spirit and have the same themes, I want a movie that has the same impact on me not a continuation.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

how the heel can u possibly try and 'remake' robo?
how can u even try to capture the brilliance of the satire,black humour and first class violence?
who would direct? i wouldnt like to be under that pressure.

u cant do it.
dont do it
cos its a flippin disaster waiting to happen.i can see it now.

doing robo 2 again could work...miller script was excellent.
robo 3 would work...just need the right guy or even weller could still do it if he can lose some weight.u only need his jaw line.

fluxcap

fluxcap

You know they'll turn Robo into one of those I Robot dudes. Crazy agility and bullet dodging shenanigans.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quotehow can u even try to capture the brilliance of the satire,black humour and first class violence?

I agree, that why i love the orginal movie so much. Robocop is one of those movies that show what robots will be like in the future (That may go against the human race).

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

I'm not really a fan of robocop, but it's still an awesome movie. I doubt we will ever see anything like it again.

Quote from: severen76 on May 28, 2008, 07:53:57 PM
There isn't enough stop motion animation anymore.
Agreed.

KARHAN

KARHAN

a new Robo movie would be cool, the could make a terminator crossover movie, with a bit of predator in it ;D, something in the lines of this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGva3yU8RZw

One of the best fan-edited films ever

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Oh shit, it's coming.............

Hopefully it's a sequel in the Robocop series, and not a reboot or remake, that just can't happen.

:(

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

I feel oblivious to the release of this movie, I'l have to watch it.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Never cared much for Robocop, but I can see how it is so popular.

SiL

SiL

If anything, RoboCop 2 and 3 proved that Robo belongs in the 80s. You simply cannot remake RoboCop in this day and age, people won't buy it and nobody has the intelligence to pull it off.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Jun 11, 2008, 12:25:18 AM
Oh shit, it's coming.............

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/russphillipps/normal_IMG_0381.jpg

Hopefully it's a sequel in the Robocop series, and not a reboot or remake, that just can't happen.

:(

How you know its real ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed