How long the predator was in Guatemala before the events of 1987?

Started by (Bad Blood), May 23, 2022, 05:40:33 AM

Author
How long the predator was in Guatemala before the events of 1987? (Read 2,360 times)

(Bad Blood)

As the title so obviously put it haha how long was the Jungle Hunter/Predator in Guatemala before the events of the film? Had he been going and coming back for 100 years or less time than that? He somehow has been there long enough to be called a local legend that the older women would talk about when the woman was still a child.

SiL

It's unknown. Those legends might be about a completely different Predator.

(Bad Blood)

I see, my theory is that it is the same predator as in the legends, based on the fact that he had already killed another team prior to thier arrival as well, he has established that area as his hunting grounds, it would seem unlikely (at least to me) that another predator before him would go to the exact same area to hunt as he did.

Huntsman

No idea if he had been to the area in previous years. But I suspect he was there for weeks or months before the events of the film. Enough time to spy on the other team, kill them and establish himself.

SiL

The other team had only gone in shortly before Dutch.

426Buddy

I think Jungle Hunter arrived at most a couple weeks before the film starts. The area is a known hot spot for fighting and is probably a preferred hunting ground for them in general. Legends of previous encounters were probably other predators on their own hunts.

Huntsman

This would be a great timeline to fill in for a new film, ala Prey. Show Jungle Hunter arriving, killing this crew and end with Dutch's helicopter approaching. Which Jungle Hunter observes from the canopy.

Stitch

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 05, 2022, 10:41:45 PMThis would be a great timeline to fill in for a new film, ala Prey. Show Jungle Hunter arriving, killing this crew and end with Dutch's helicopter approaching. Which Jungle Hunter observes from the canopy.
Show how Jim Hopper got there from Hawkins, and how Jungle Hunter is way tougher than a demogorgon.

Huntsman

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 05, 2022, 10:45:55 PM
Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 05, 2022, 10:41:45 PMThis would be a great timeline to fill in for a new film, ala Prey. Show Jungle Hunter arriving, killing this crew and end with Dutch's helicopter approaching. Which Jungle Hunter observes from the canopy.
Show how Jim Hopper got there from Hawkins, and how Jungle Hunter is way tougher than a demogorgon.
I like it. And perhaps add in a bunch of other kills that the military didn't know about to flesh out the story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed