Youtube channels recommendation thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Apr 07, 2021, 04:18:42 AM

Author
Youtube channels recommendation thread (Read 10,628 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Which YouTube channels do you recommend? free theme: humor, movie reviews, animation, educational, art, cooking...whatever.

Xeno Killer 2179

The dodo
Daily dose of internet

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 07, 2021, 04:24:10 AM
The dodo
Daily dose of internet

Oh my gosh! I follow Dodo on Instagram, and for some reason I haven't subscribed to the YouTube channel yet.
Thank you for reminding me 😅

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 07, 2021, 04:24:10 AM
Daily dose of internet

I've never seen this one. I'll take a look.

Xeno Killer 2179

The Onion
CollegeHumor

Kimarhi

For some reason, the youtube algorithm recommended hololive to me out of the blue. 

I didn't know what a vtuber was at the time, and clicked on one of the videos, and now I am ashamed to admit, I have watched a shit ton of hololive clipped videos.

I don't know where it came from.

I usually watch firefight videos, 2000 era nba and college basketball videos, football videos, paranormal shit, and the occasional gaming video, but it is mostly retro gaming because I don't like to spoil new games that I have the potential to play.

I think maybe a clipped video of Korone playing old games might've been the first hololive vid i saw, and that is the only thing I think could've linked what I normally watch with hololive. 

This hurts my masculinity.  I normally have to go into my home gym and rep 225 a dozen times to get my testosterone back up. 

Baron Von Marlon

PINGTR1P mostly does edits of podcasts, usually quite insane and funny.

Spoiler

Honest Trailers from Screen Junkies are often good for a laugh as well.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 07, 2021, 11:48:39 PM
The Onion
CollegeHumor

Love humor  8)

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 08, 2021, 02:52:36 AM
For some reason, the youtube algorithm recommended hololive to me out of the blue. 

I didn't know what a vtuber was at the time, and clicked on one of the videos, and now I am ashamed to admit, I have watched a shit ton of hololive clipped videos.

I have never seen one of those videos from beginning to end, but I found out about their existence a few weeks ago after watching too many videos of the "Are you wining son" meme. I saw the recommendation, clicked. Then there was a guy flirting with a virtual waifu.  I found it somewhat cringy and stopped watching.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 09, 2021, 03:50:53 AM
PINGTR1P mostly does edits of podcasts, usually quite insane and funny.

Spoiler

Honest Trailers from Screen Junkies are often good for a laugh as well.

Ok, more humor  :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If you saw a dude hitting on a female vtuber it probably wasn't hololive. 

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah you're right. But this one here is holoview? The algorithm recommended it to me while listening to John Denver's original song.

Kimarhi

Gura is indeed hololive.  I think she's their biggest member actually, despite the fact that it is a japanese company with mostly japanese performers.

Gura's actress is the same girl who had the hello boomer song that blew up neekolul. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I still don't understand what it's hololive. They're like VR equivalent of Youtubers but in an Anime fashion?

Kimarhi

A vtuber is essentially a streamer that uses an avatar instead of showing themselves when actually streaming.

Hololive is just a company that runs specific vtubers.  There are a bunch of said companies, and a bunch of individual vtubers who aren't associated with any company.

Being a vtuber allows a person to protect their identity much better than actual streaming does (even though people know who all the english streamers are as well as half the japanese ones for hololive)  as well as kind of embrace roleplaying elements that they wouldn't be able to as just streamers. 

I really only watch hololive as I find them generally more wholesome and positive than most other vtubers. 

Immortan Jonesy

That's clear, thank you.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's new and weird and scary to me and I do not like it!

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 10, 2021, 04:58:16 AM
It's new and weird and scary to me and I do not like it!

I don't like it either, I just wasn't sure what it is. And I think similarly to when bronies sexualize cartoon ponies, which are clearly inspired by girls and not women.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed