Film Reviews - AvPGalaxy's Own Critics!

Started by Secret Hero, Mar 07, 2008, 07:25:42 PM

Author
Film Reviews - AvPGalaxy's Own Critics! (Read 272,600 times)

Secret Hero

there is one rule: Review ONLY Movies, not series. Okay?

Let me tell you last thing before making your review. THE VERDICT. The Verdict is composed of 5 categories:

1st:
VisualFX - What does it looks like? Isn't it realistic? Does it have problem in the making?

2nd:
Storyline - Is it satisfying and cool to watch? Is it complicated? Cool? Or a pain in the eyes?

3rd:
SoundFX - Does the movie make you crank up the volume? Nice ka-booms and blast? Or it's just a pain in the ears?

4th:
Violent Factor - How violent is it and how much blood spilled? Is the movie gory enough?

5th:
Overall - The final verdict! What can you say about the film? Is it AWESOME? Or Lame?

The Scores:

90 to 100% - Tippety top! Cream of the Crop! If heard about it, then buy this movie on DVD!

80 to 90% - A great movie. If you like the effects of it, you should watch it!

70 to 80% - Cool enough but a little lacking. Still, if you really want to watch it.

60 to 70% - A movie scuppered by an annoying flaw or two. Shame.

50 to 60% - Above average but only just. Spend your cash in a videogame!

40 to 50% - Quite simply not very good.

30 to 40% - Oh dear. Perhaps the producers, should watch some cool 'films'.

20 to 30% - What the..!? This looks awful!

10  to 20% - Not a movie at all but a film of mental torture! AHHH!

0 to 10% - Like dangling your diddlies in a mincing DVD player!
(NOTE: After reviewing, make sure that in the Overall percent score, you must add up the percent scores of 4 categories then divide it by 4, so we can know the Overall score = VisualFx + SoundFx + Storyline + ViolentFactor then divided by 4. Get it?)

Let's start, shall we?

I'll start:

Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

VisualFx: (82%)
- VFx is cool. With the first scene of RotS, war above Coruscant, the VFx is awesome. Especially the lightsabers, the Clones, Gunships, and AT-TE. Very cool and splendid.

Storyline: (88%)
- The story continues to this one with the protagonist become the famous Lord Vader. And the birth of Luke and Leia. The story was sorrowful, that I can totally say YES! (Not sorrowful for me, but to others) The Jedi will be extinct! Sith will rule the galaxy! HAHA! <---- Sound like Emperor Palpatine. But it's a SW special.

SoundFx: (93%)
- The SFx is uber-cool. With the blast of the Gunships to the battle droids with Ka-BLAM!! Cool, magnificento! Grin With the lightsaber still sound the same, w00t! Especially newly performed voice of the droids!

Violent Factor: (17%)
- The SW movies will not be more violent than others so kids can really watch the movie with not parents! YES! Uber-cool!

Overall: (70%)
- The final saga, the final movie. I'll miss you SW. But hey, I do have it's DVD though! Oh, getting Off Topic here. Grin The movie is cool but goes deeper to the dark side of the force.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Vantage Point Review

THIS REVIEW MAY HAVE SPOILERS

VisualFx: (72%)
- Some of it pretty good but nothing special. Some of the parts where cool like when the building explosion because it feel like it was happening. But seeing the same scene over again, got annoying and became boring.

Storyline: (10%)
- The story is about dogged Secret Service agent (Dennis Quaid) who had stopped another bullet for this president a year earlier. Then there's an American tourist (Forrest Whittaker), a Spanish cop (Eduardo Noriega) who might or might not be a part of the plot. And there are the terrorists and an ex-special forces commando who has the biggest part in this whole ludicrous plot. The story really sucks the plots lack in depth and has no character development what so ever. The whole movie feel like an episode of 24 and the movie don't have any by sense of action just like the trailer did. The whole "rewinds" thing in the movie was so annoying and there was no point of doing it over and over again. Even worse, they leave to "rewind" in the worst spots. I also hated the ending when the President wasn't killed and a fake president was killed! So overall the story is cap and very boring.

SoundFx: (93%)

- The SFx is great! The explosions sound awesome and the gun shots sound so real. I like some of the music that was played.

-Violent Factor: (17%)
The Violence' in the movie was very low, there is a lot of shooting but there no blood unlike movies like Rambo or Saw. So there no blood in the movie, so enjoy it without feeling sick of seeing blood.

Overall: (13%)
- This movie just sucks and, a waste of time and money. I wish I got my money back after seeing this piece of crap. The trailer looks awesome but this movie is not. I wish I saw Jumper but instead I saw this movie. Go see Rambo if you want an Action Thriller movie.

War Wager

War Wager

VisualFx: (65%)

Overall it's all pretty good, but creating CG cats is never easy. Those effects are quite iffy but they done a good job. The sweeping panoramic shots of Hedare HQ are really good.

Storyline: (14%)

Not good at all. It's not very imaginative and is predictable from start to finish.

SoundFx: (87%)

You can hear almost everything including the leather suit squeking everytime Catwoman moves! The whip has some great sounds as well as the city itself; lots off noise and racket.

Violent Factor: (36%)

If by violence you mean kicking, punchingetc then yes it is quite a violent movie. If you mean gore, then it's not at all. Theres a few blood splatters here and there but nothing drastic at all.

Overall (79%)

I really enjoy the movie myself. If you ignore the dire plot and Halle Berry's over-the-top Catwoman you can see that it's really a enjoyable journey to take. Probably the best part of the movie is the great mix of R&B music that suits the movie and character of Catwoman brilliantly.

Secret Hero

First movie to be made of AVP. Maybe this movie IS the best than AVP2 after all.

VisualFx: (96%)
- Even with the old Vfx, the mask of the Predator still is the best from the old movies, especially the Aliens suit or even the face is truly the one that is cool. In AVP2, the Aliens chin is like being stretched a little. And the Predator's mask for the mouth is a little too long. That's how AVP is still the best than AVP2.

SoundFx: (96%)
- Same rate with the Vfx, the Sfx has cool sound and some original shout-sfx of the Predators. And background music when the two species faces is good. Very good.

Storyline: (99%)
- The story really takes on the ancient times of how the people really built something from the teachings of the Predators, but when every 100 years the Preds come back and expect a ritual-sacrifice. But when all fates was change, the Aliens almost rule the whole pyramid. Still Predators are there to take care all the problems. The story is cool and easily understandable.

ViolentFactor: (47%)
- VF of this movie is not above it's average. Cause we always see the blood of the Aliens and Predators. Even the inside organs of the Aliens. And I recommend that you watch this movie with your parents, if you're 13 years below.

Overall: (98%)
- From the director of Resident Evil, Paul Anderson, created this masterpiece by combining and making a new rivalry of species. Alien Vs. Predator, a magnificent masterpiece.

CELTICPRED

Private Hudson

Quote from: Secret Hero on Mar 08, 2008, 12:00:23 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AP04P6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
First movie to be made of AVP. Maybe this movie IS the best than AVP2 after all.

VisualFx: (96%)
- Even with the old Vfx, the mask of the Predator still is the best from the old movies, especially the Aliens suit or even the face is truly the one that is cool. In AVP2, the Aliens chin is like being stretched a little. And the Predator's mask for the mouth is a little too long. That's how AVP is still the best than AVP2.

SoundFx: (96%)
- Same rate with the Vfx, the Sfx has cool sound and some original shout-sfx of the Predators. And background music when the two species faces is good. Very good.

Storyline: (99%)
- The story really takes on the ancient times of how the people really built something from the teachings of the Predators, but when every 100 years the Preds come back and expect a ritual-sacrifice. But when all fates was change, the Aliens almost rule the whole pyramid. Still Predators are there to take care all the problems. The story is cool and easily understandable.

ViolentFactor: (47%)
- VF of this movie is not above it's average. Cause we always see the blood of the Aliens and Predators. Even the inside organs of the Aliens. And I recommend that you watch this movie with your parents, if you're 13 years below.

Overall: (98%)
- From the director of Resident Evil, Paul Anderson, created this masterpiece by combining and making a new rivalry of species. Alien Vs. Predator, a magnificent masterpiece.

OMG!!!!!!!!! 98% for AVP?? ???

Secret Hero

Yes, that's my true review in AVP. AVP is alot better in Storyline than AVP:R.

Huol

Quote from: Secret Hero on Mar 08, 2008, 12:50:06 AM
Yes, that's my true review in AVP. AVP is alot better in Storyline than AVP:R.

I'd rather drink my own piss than eat my own shit but that doesn't mean the piss tastes delicious.

XenoVC

XenoVC

VisualFx: (2%)
Stuff at the swapmeet has better SFX

SoundFx: (45%)
Eh,Average is all i can say

Storyline: (3%)
-Generic,Horrible story,with shitty characters

ViolentFactor: (60%)
Over the top cheesy gore

Overall: (13%)
-A horrible film with horrible acting,with a shittier sequel,Lake Placid fails

War Wager

Jeez, thats a bit harsh! I'll do the shittier sequel...  ;D

VisualFx: (10%)

How did we go from Jurassic Park to this?! Horrible stuff.

Storyline: (5%)

Complete re-hash of the first one. You've got the female paelentologist that likes the male sheriff, the funny guy, the hunter guy...

SoundFx: (23%)

I must admit some of the croc sounds are really good. The must have dubbed them a little because they sound a lot deeper and menacing that normal crocs.

Violent Factor: (79%)

It's got lots of bloody arm severes, decapitations and lots 'o blood. Violent stuff.

Overall: (34%)

It's a bad movie full stop, but I can't help but watch it now and again. The main comic relief element is a character called 'Crazy Sadie' who's given some pretty funny lines. I guess it's one of those movies that are so bad they're good.

Private Hudson

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 08, 2008, 01:27:01 AM

Complete re-hash of the first one. You've got the female paelentologist that likes the male sheriff, the funny guy, the hunter guy...

I must admit some of the croc sounds are really good. The must have dubbed them a little because they sound a lot deeper and menacing that normal crocs.

It's got lots of bloody arm severes, decapitations and lots 'o blood. Violent stuff.

It's a bad movie full stop, but I can't help but watch it now and again. The main comic relief element is a character called 'Crazy Sadie' who's given some pretty funny lines. I guess it's one of those movies that are so bad they're good.

Is he using a paintball gun??

Zero

Quote from: Private Hudson on Mar 08, 2008, 02:42:14 AM
Quote from: War Wager on Mar 08, 2008, 01:27:01 AM

Is he using a paintball gun??

The Only good thing about Lake Placid 2  is the sexy girl in it  :)

War Wager

War Wager

VisualFx: (0%)

Has absoloutely none whats so ever!

Storyline: (77%)

Since the first one lacked in story, Tarentino makes up for it with this. It has a lot of back story and you see how most the characters became who they are. The whole 'Pai-Mei Training' was really interesting to me.

SoundFx: (68%)

In the fights of coarse you've got the cheesey, classic noises that are made when a punch is thrown. It all seems to blend into the movie really well and you don't seem to notice.

Violent Factor: (83%)

Although not as bloody as Vol 1, this movie is still pretty grusome. The standout point for me is when The Bride takes out Elle Drivers right eye with the flash of her hand. Her standing on it and all the puss ozzing out doesn't help either.  :P

Overall: (74%)

Not as entertaining and fun as Vol 1 but ozzes story which most audiences found better. The music suits it really well and theres a nice little wink at the credits to a possible Vol 3 (Elle Drivers name is marked with a '?') The standout point for me is the cabin fight with Elle Driver which I just think is great to watch.

MrLee

i thought the first lake placid was a good movie....

Disagree with the AVP review, way too high.

I might write one up if i have time.

Secret Hero

^I'm currently watching the movie again. I'll edit my review this time.
I'll be reviewing AVP:R.

Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem
"Final Part of the Sequel. One Vs. More."

Visual-Fx: (84%)
= In viewing the movie clearly, I noticed that the scout ship size and characteristics has changed. As for the Wolf/Predator it's body isn't muscular than the other Predators in the last AVP movie, the only cool thing about the Wolf is it's new Dual-Plasma Cannon and improved Wrist-Blades. With the Wolf's new visions, the Specimen-Track Vision is cool and not irritating in the eye than in AVP. Then, the Xenomorphs (Aliens), their body became quite flexible and has a new improved face. The Pred-Alien, hybrid of the Xenomorphs, have some problems in it's effects, the V-fx of the Pred-Alien is quite overused, or even too overused, it's body is not really in a great and attractive side, but in the unattractive side. Lastly, the Facehugger's new V-fx has really attracted me. The movie is good in its Visual Fx.

Sound-Fx: (81%)
= The S-fx in this movie is..... Good enough. The Dual-Plasma Cannon's fire and explosion effects are not good enough for me. With the original voice-fx of the Predator is there and that's good to hear. Xenormorphs s-fx is good too, using its old S-fx from the original movie is great than changing it's S-fx. 2 Words: Good-Enough.
P.S.: BLOW ME AWAY by Breaking Benjamin maybe the official song for the movie, rumors said it.

Storyline: (89%)
= In continuing the AVP sequel really got me hyped, because of it's new character, the Pred-Alien, will be shown in AVP:R. The story really continues the last part of AVP. The story is placed in Gunnison, Colorado (WARNING! Spoilers maybe ahead!) And the part of the Predator's planet will be shown also. With the Predator's great warrior and the hybrid of the Xenomorphs, the Pred-Alien, face each other one last time. And the new president of Weyland Industries, Ms. Yutani, will be shown in this movie also. The company's name is changed to Weyland-Yutani. If you already saw ALIEN, then you have already noticed the name. This is when the Alien franchise is next.

Violent-Factor: (71%)
=Much blood is spilled in this movie. This isn't a movie for kids.

Overall: (81.25%)
=The AVP, Alien, and Predator franchise is complete, so it's cool. The movie is good for all who sees it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed