Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,405 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Yes absolutely, the Steve McNiven variant cover rules.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 23, 2021, 11:59:12 AM
Quote from: molasar on Feb 23, 2021, 05:16:16 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 23, 2021, 01:15:06 AM
I've got some bad news...

Have not you seen Marvel Free Previews #7 (January for March 2021)?
Do you mean the hoofed Alien scene?
I think it looks amazing.

The artist clearly has some very real skill, but also very clearly doesn't give a f**k.

SM

SM

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 23, 2021, 12:32:50 PM
I pre-ordered the comic at my local comic store and the clerk commented that the art in the hooves preview looked really good.

I'm annoyed at the facial expression in one panel and worried that the hooves will clop on the ceiling, but honestly, I think it looks good overall too. I'm looking forward to this.

Again, as long as another comic artist isn't being stolen from, I don't really care how the art was composed. I can't help but wonder if we'd be analyzing this so hard if it weren't for the Greg/Tristan situation getting us all pissed off.

That's precisely why it should be analysed.  They've been shooting themselves in the foot from the outset.

judge death

Quote from: SM on Feb 23, 2021, 08:47:26 PM
Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 23, 2021, 12:32:50 PM
I pre-ordered the comic at my local comic store and the clerk commented that the art in the hooves preview looked really good.

I'm annoyed at the facial expression in one panel and worried that the hooves will clop on the ceiling, but honestly, I think it looks good overall too. I'm looking forward to this.

Again, as long as another comic artist isn't being stolen from, I don't really care how the art was composed. I can't help but wonder if we'd be analyzing this so hard if it weren't for the Greg/Tristan situation getting us all pissed off.

That's precisely why it should be analysed.  They've been shooting themselves in the foot from the outset.
Yep plus also their record with stealing and copying star wars stuff which makes me very analysing of their alien releases.

Havent preordered anything, will wait until they release a collection/volume or whatever you wanna call the book where you have the whole story in one book, hate one issue paperbacks.... But will wait and see what fans will say and reviews before buying, waiting isnt a problem.

IF its good and honors the alien lore and keeps the same level as dark horse: then I buy, if its crap and dishonoring the alien franchise which it seems so far: wont buy any marvel alien comic.
I vote with my wallet :P

Darwinsgirl

The number 3 issue is tentatively scheduled to release May 26th.

2 variant covers Tan & Adam Kubert

EJA

EJA

Still anxiously awaiting news on the new Predator series.

Could the comics use characters from the movies? Would there be any difficulties using the likenesses of Schwarzenegger as Dutch or Weaver as Ripley?

[cancerblack]

Presumably depends how large a dump truck of money they back up to Arnie or Siggy's house to access the likenesses.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 25, 2021, 09:33:15 PM
Presumably depends how large a dump truck of money they back up to Arnie or Siggy's house to access the likenesses.

Any idea how much Dark Horse paid Sigourney Weaver to use her likeness in the original Female War comic?

[cancerblack]

No clue sorry, although from my unreliable memory, wasn't the only direct use of her likeness the last panel of Nightmare Asylum, with Female War having the character but pretty dubious likeness?

SM

SM

Yeah I don't think they would've paid much for that effort.

Local Trouble

Maybe Marvel will hire Sam Kieth to get that photo-accurate version of Ripley.

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

So guess this is how the accelerant is playing into this one...

Spoiler
[close]

Honestly, that's fine by me. I've a fond spot for the
Spoiler
Bugmen from Colonial marines
[close]
and this is a direction I've wanted to see taken more firmly.

RidgeTop

Ugh... they just had to brink back the...

Spoiler
Black goo nonsense.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Of course they wont. It's a perfect plot device. Besides, it's just replacing the royal jelly of old. Nothing too new there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed