For all those who hate A:CM

Started by Predator@Alien, Oct 16, 2019, 01:44:02 PM

Author
For all those who hate A:CM (Read 22,016 times)

SM

SM

Reckon.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Yes that tool is really cool and I admit thatit bothered me because of ACM ^^'

But just like the Anesidora which exploding not in its greatest capacity, I think it's not so compmicated to make it work. If Bishop was wrong, because he just give an estimation of the worst because he is not sure ? But the worst is 40 Mt. Plus you can add to this the fact that maybe the explosion was from above and maybe it was just a fireball above the colony and it didn't vaporised everything.

It would be more serious if none of the colony or the AP have survived. But here we know that the explosion happened, ACM didn't try to hide this to us. So for me it is not a problem, it's not like ACM ignored the events of Aliens.

We already try to find solutions for a story to be logical. This is a problem of science, and like I said before, there are many other scientific problems in Alien. Every SF films are more "fiction" than "science".

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jan 22, 2020, 09:52:39 AM
Yes that tool is really cool and I admit thatit bothered me because of ACM ^^'

But just like the Anesidora which exploding not in its greatest capacity, I think it's not so compmicated to make it work. If Bishop was wrong, because he just give an estimation of the worst because he is not sure ? But the worst is 40 Mt. Plus you can add to this the fact that maybe the explosion was from above and maybe it was just a fireball above the colony and it didn't vaporised everything.

It would be more serious if none of the colony or the AP have survived. But here we know that the explosion happened, ACM didn't try to hide this to us. So for me it is not a problem, it's not like ACM ignored the events of Aliens.

We already try to find solutions for a story to be logical. This is a problem of science, and like I said before, there are many other scientific problems in Alien. Every SF films are more "fiction" than "science".

Explosions cause shockwaves and if it did come from underground like how they tried to claim, it would likely cause earthquakes, so the colony was have still had it. Though not an expert but I would imagine that should happen.

Except that is exactly what it did, which is ironic because it tried run on nostalgia.  We actually see the explosion, it would have wiped the colony out and even the derelict, so yeah, it did ignore Aliens, multiple times actually.

ACM simply retconned things to make it fit, only you are trying to make it logica with mental gymnastics. This is not problem of science either, nukes will cause a large destruction of an area, the problem is nothing to do with science and everything to do with a video game that just wanted revisit Hadley's hope and made a crappy excuse to do so. Nostalgia tends to cause problems with logic i.e Ray being skinned by an evidence cleaner just as homage.

Look, its great that you like the game but there is no point being in denial about the facts, ACM is a contradictive mess, a person can like something even if its flawed and got major problems that can't be explained. So don't worry about it.  :)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: SM on Jan 22, 2020, 04:03:04 AM
There are failsafes.  They failed.  "The crash caused too much damage".

I'm strictly speaking from an in-game context and simply entertaining the idea. But again I had 5 years of thinking this shit was canon so I had to come up with something  :laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Five years? The game's canonicity was dropped not long after it came out  :laugh: At least I think it was.  :P

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Aesthetically ACM is close to perfect.
That's really all it's campaign has going for it though. Mod tools probably could have salvaged it had we'd gotten any.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The drones/warriors do have a more faithful design than AVP2010 but that is about it, they couldn't do hadley's hope or the derelict right.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 22, 2020, 01:31:23 PM
Five years? The game's canonicity was dropped not long after it came out  :laugh: At least I think it was.  :P

Like I said earlier I didn't join the forums until December 2017 so I had no clue it wasn't canon especially considering the Augmented Reality Survival Manual came out in November 2017 and mentioned events from the game. I just assumed everything released post Prometheus was canon.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jan 22, 2020, 05:54:31 PM

Like I said earlier I didn't join the forums until December 2017 so I had no clue it wasn't canon especially considering the Augmented Reality Survival Manual came out in November 2017 and mentioned events from the game. I just assumed everything released post Prometheus was canon.

Did you just say the "C" word?  *shudder*

Canon can be a touchy subject, with lots of unofficial official declarations made in these threads. Find a support animal and thread-tread carefully my friend! ;D

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Cannon is an abstract concept when it comes to Alien and Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

The easiest way to look at it in my opinion is that everything released after Alien Covenant is definitely canon, so by extension Isolation, Defiance, Resistance, Dead Orbit, Dust To Dust, etcetera but anything released before is unclear, but I'd say if something contradicts that unclear thing, it's out, apart from the films of course.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 22, 2020, 06:40:38 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jan 22, 2020, 05:54:31 PM

Did you just say the "C" word?  *shudder*

Canon can be a touchy subject, with lots of unofficial official declarations made in these threads. Find a support animal and thread-tread carefully my friend! ;D

And I didn't realize just how touchy the subject was until I joined the forums  :laugh:

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 22, 2020, 06:56:23 PM
The easiest way to look at it in my opinion is that everything released after Alien Covenant is definitely canon, so by extension Isolation, Defiance, Resistance, Dead Orbit, Dust To Dust, etcetera but anything released before is unclear, but I'd say if something contradicts that unclear thing, it's out, apart from the films of course.

But that would include the aforementioned Survival Manual that references ACM. Hence my confusion about the canonicity of ACM prior to joining the forums.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Well when you get down to it its really up to the director/writer what to acknowledge as canon for their story. That's where things get super confused in these franchises, especially as of late. Then its up to us to decide if we like that choice or not.

The Old One

The Old One

I think in the case of the Augmented Reality Survival Manual, it got delayed long past the original release date, and got sourced for that timeframe.

SM

SM

QuotePlus you can add to this the fact that maybe the explosion was from above and maybe it was just a fireball above the colony and it didn't vaporised everything.

The primary heat exchanger is around ground level/ just below ground level.  And as Cruentus said, they can cause earthquakes and the AP was about a mile from the colony.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed