Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 22,241 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Nov 30, 2020, 02:20:31 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 30, 2020, 01:57:51 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 13, 2018, 08:14:36 PM
Fox is never going to detail what's canon and what's not.

But A:CM is not.

Except the interviews about ACM confirmed it is, let alone apparently some rpg writer leaking internal documents on what is, ACM is not on that list of things non-canon.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2020, 02:49:37 AM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Nov 30, 2020, 01:48:58 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2020, 01:18:07 AM
Which things?
For sure that the company from Blade Runner exists, the guy from the series that made the company exists, he made replicants.  Thats all we know.

No.

No we do not.

Yes we do, I red it on the disc, its official, just like anything in the novels, comics, games, and specific merch that is labeled as Canon like the King Alien statue.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 30, 2020, 02:57:56 AM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Nov 30, 2020, 02:20:31 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 30, 2020, 01:57:51 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 13, 2018, 08:14:36 PM
Fox is never going to detail what's canon and what's not.

But A:CM is not.

Except the interviews about ACM confirmed it is, let alone apparently some rpg writer leaking internal documents on what is, ACM is not on that list of things non-canon.

The Interviews with the people that made ACM and its relation to canon say otherwise.   ACM is a direct sequel to the movies.

SM

Local Trouble

Kradan

Canon is such bullshit

But no Blade Runner and no A:CM in my canon

[cancerblack]

I likes what I likes and I don't likes most of it.

The Cruentus

I find what Gaska said about the RPG to be quite fair and a good compromise for everyone. Bar room canon and what ifs gives out a lot of flexibility to shape what is canon and what is not.

Not sure what AVP I would consider a personal canon though, I mean some of the comics were great and the games obviously. Too many to choose from.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Well Gaska's' guidelines are dictated by license and the abrupt lines you have to draw when you're clearly defining a corporation's individual license revenue streams. That's why you get cherry picking from Fire and Stone for instance.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kelgaard on May 09, 2020, 06:08:59 PM

The awful Isolation novel, Instead of the Creative Assembly masterpiece, just why? Oh and AVP 2010's continuity and canon directly links it to AVP and AVPR, in addition to Aliens and Alien³ rather bluntly. Even if Neill Blomkamp's Alien V ever did come out, that it did not, it can't co-exist with the former.

BigDaddyJohn

I would ignore Resurrection, although there are some things I like in it. But Alien 3's ending is perfect for me, so I could leave it at that.

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2021, 02:41:53 PM
I would ignore Resurrection, although there are some things I like in it. But Alien 3's ending is perfect for me, so I could leave it at that.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 12, 2021, 12:59:04 AM
Even if Neill Blomkamp's Alien V ever did come out, that it did not, it can't co-exist with the former.
Canon =/= continuity. Also, much like official canon, headcanon need not be consistent or logical.

BlueMarsalis79

Hence me saying canon and continuity.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 14, 2021, 11:56:43 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 12, 2021, 12:59:04 AM
Even if Neill Blomkamp's Alien V ever did come out, that it did not, it can't co-exist with the former.
Canon =/= continuity. Also, much like official canon, headcanon need not be consistent or logical.

Head Canon = Continuity?

BlueMarsalis79

Obviously everything "can fit" if you simply ignore the parts that do not in fact fit, but since I never will have an interest in discussing such a view point, my pointing out of certain stories not being able to co-exist within the one continuity or canon (depending upon how liberally you use the term) will continue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed