Victoria Bildwell Interview

Started by Darkness, Jan 20, 2008, 05:36:08 PM

Author
Victoria Bildwell Interview (Read 12,437 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a semi-interesting interview over at SKNR with Victoria Bildwell. She played the pregnant woman in AvP Requiem whose stomach was ripped open. She talks a little about how the scene was done and what it was like.

GVK: How much of the birthing scene was makeup and prosthetics and how much was cgi?

VB: I was amazed at what they can do in special effects, I'd never done anything of this genre before and it was brilliant! From what I saw, they used prosthetics and puppets. I wasn't aware of any cgi when I was working, it was the real thing and it was so scary I can't even tell you!

It’s quite interesting. Thanks to Ja for the news.

AvPvTerminator

Cool. First post.

venomp2

venomp2

wow. an interview from the woman who played the pregnant woman! nice.   ::)  

Norwegian_Plague

... Ummm, why is there an interview with her?

XenoVC

XenoVC

I lawled

Semaka

Semaka

whatever

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

I really just think this scene was meant to be good. It was disturbing, which is what I loved about it. Aliens and Predator the old movie never did that for me. There was never anything as disturbing except thee very first chesburster scene. But after that were all used to it. I mean seriously, does anyone get scared from Alien and Predator now???  People call Alien a scary film, does anyone even get scared from it now anymore? I never did but that doesn't mean the chestburster thing took me by suprise. I loved the new reproduction thing more becasue it truly was new and I don't think anyone saw it coming, well except for the shit heads who read about it before the movie came out.   I think thats a reason why when making these films no one should be caring about the acting. The acting is what sells the horror, thats what made Alien scary. But there not scary anymore. So why should we care about the acting. I know alot of people say they did a good job with the Predator. Well guess what? Thats who this film was surrounded over. Wolf and his mission. Along with the Predalien and the humans minding there own buisness and then finding themselfs stuck in that mission and getting killed.   Just thought someone should come out and say Alien and Predator are not scary anymore. Now we only have a VS movie to see them kick ass.

Charles Xavier

"I think thats a reason why when making these films no one should be caring about the acting. The acting is what sells the horror, thats what made Alien scary. But there not scary anymore. So why should we care about the acting. I know alot of people say they did a good job with the Predator. Well guess what? Thats who this film was surrounded over. Wolf and his mission. Along with the Predalien and the humans minding there own buisness and then finding themselfs stuck in that mission and getting killed.   Just thought someone should come out and say Alien and Predator are not scary anymore. Now we only have a VS movie to see them kick ass."  I could perhaps say the same for Freddy Vs. Jason. It wasn't really that scary, and it was all about them fighting to the death.

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

agree with avier   :)  

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

oops sorry Xavier

gameoverman

gameoverman

Just two rubber monsters fighting turns into self-parody and soon enough AVP will become like the Scary movie franchise.    ::)  

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

At moments, unfortunately it was. "People are dying-we need guns".

ZEN

ZEN

My birthday was a few days ago and i got to see AVP-R on it!.It was f**king awesome!!.First off,dont listen to those idiot critics,i get a lot of out of state news-papers,and in one of them it was Christopher Borelli saying how much I AM LEGEND suck's,saying how the power was working everywhere.It was'nt,if he actually watched the movie he'd have see'n the generators under the sink and on the docks,and that all one whould need whould be an electric pump for the water and when Will Smith was getting gas he was using a hand pump to pump it into the container.And he said that the monsters looked like a bad knock-off of lord moldybutt,which if that were the case my a$$ looks like Tom Cruise.The predalien was on the ship for a few days while the pred ship orbited earth.There were only the drones and Chet,and no other aliens like the runner in it.There was only three types of laughter in this movie,one was when Dallas said said (in a cool way) "GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!".People laughed only in the scenes where there was supposed to be laughter (you'll see).And the third was the evil maniacal laughter like when that bimbo got shurikanned to the wall (think of that bug thing from FAMILY GUY "GOOD,GOOD!.").

ZEN

ZEN

I got to see the new pred-tech and really awesome.the CGI parts were goood,and you couldnt pull them off with the puppets or you would have see'n the cords.The part with Woplf taking off his mask was not like in P1,he just took it off and dropped it,if we were all wearing viking helmets would you take off the helmet the normal way,or some bizzar way?.He (Wold) did it the normall way.The acting was a lot better then in the trailers.When ii heard desimiation proclamation i was a tad bit worried that Tyler would go over-bourd on the themes,but he did'nt,he added just enaugh to ad that feel to the movie.The reason for the big tanks is because of the nuclear plant (radiation shielding).Now the main predator sound like a bull in this movie,but i highly doubt that I,Deco,Rafeal.S,gameoverman and Bio Mech Hunter all have the same voice,that wouldd just be impossible,so i think the new voice adds individuallity to the predators.

ZEN

ZEN

Also i think that the shift suit can work under water,but in air AND water the suit does'nt know which to go with,and it then malfunctions (just a thought).The time between AVPR ans A2 is so far apart that the chances of what happened to Ripley could easily have happened to Reiko's character.The movie centers on both the aliens AND predators,and im a huge pred fan who was looking for all of the pred scenes,only someone who was not paying attention to the movie would say otherwise.So there are many good parts to the film,so dont listen to those stupid critics,they just spend most of their time at the theater ja*****-**f in the corner and they do'nt pay attention to the movie.Im not telling you to see this movie,nor am i not telling you to skip it,im just telling you to ignore those critics,I've already voted for GREAT on the online poll,but dont expect it to be exactly like P1 or A2,but you can at least expect it to be better then AVP.I give this movie an 8.5 out of 10    ;D   ( thats just for me,not you guy's/gal's). PEACE!!!! l..l_    ;D   _l..l

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed