Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition

Started by x-M-x, Feb 19, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

Author
Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition (Read 199,077 times)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: JP on Aug 05, 2017, 10:06:34 PM
you do realise the MFC error is caused by registry issues and that's how i fixed it?

AvPUnknown is the one hosting the file. Kenny is a staff member on AvPUnknown.

This is this member on the forum for the online patch of this game.
http://forum.tbbcbase.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=189

I know that this post is a bit unethical but I am tired of seeing threads derail on the forum for this game and arguments flying left to right. This is a simple all in one pack that has been known to work in the past for many people, myself included. I think this has less to do with you wanting to come to a solution and more to do with your sentiments towards the uploaders and how you can spoil their integrity.

Hopefully a moderator can come and investigate for themselves.

JP

What the hell is this? I provide the OP a valid and tried solution to his problem and i get attacked on this forum? Avpunknown hosts the AIO, kenny is a mod at avpunlnown, i hate kenny therefore i must diss the AIO? What a brilliant tought process. If anyone is derailing the thread is this gentleman here by bringing completely unrelated drama to the discussion.

I said for months now that this AIO can mess the registry sometimes which will caue the lithtech engine to crash, renaming the directory and latering the registry is a quick way to fix this. If anyone has the MFC error and wants to fix try my solution, if it works great, it did for me, if it doesn't then i don't no but at least i'm actually trying to help the guy.

System Apollo

System Apollo

I'm not going to swirl this one, we'll just wait for a mod.

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 08:26:19 PM

UNBELIVEABLE: I got it to work once, I don't know how but I did, I launched the app. from the Fox folder and ran Lithtech engine in compatibility mode and as admin... I'd like to thank you guys for the mountain of effort you put in to helping get this running, you guys are seriously amazing, and it's because of this page that I've decided to stick around keep my new account as an AvP Galaxy member, Anywho, Long story short, you guys are amazing.

Great to hear, could it have been that you were not running the no-cd.exe?

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2017, 11:01:18 PM
I'm not going to swirl this one, we'll just wait for a mod.

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 08:26:19 PM

UNBELIVEABLE: I got it to work once, I don't know how but I did, I launched the app. from the Fox folder and ran Lithtech engine in compatibility mode and as admin... I'd like to thank you guys for the mountain of effort you put in to helping get this running, you guys are seriously amazing, and it's because of this page that I've decided to stick around keep my new account as an AvP Galaxy member, Anywho, Long story short, you guys are amazing.

Great to hear, could it have been that you were not running the no-cd.exe?
Thanks man, I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice everyone was in trying to help, Anyhow thank you all for your hard work and help. And it could've been many things, I scuttled my Antivirus to see if it would work and I re-downloaded the shebang  a couple of times... I'm still new to the world of getting old games running so I don't feel I can accurately talk about how it was fixed but what I can do rn is be grateful for the help I received from the board in getting the error solved. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2017, 10:32:22 PM
I know that this post is a bit unethical but I am tired of seeing threads derail on the forum for this game and arguments flying left to right. This is a simple all in one pack that has been known to work in the past for many people, myself included. I think this has less to do with you wanting to come to a solution and more to do with your sentiments towards the uploaders and how you can spoil their integrity.

This was a really unnecessary post, Apollo and I can't see why you'd bring this up. You just derailed the post yourself to insult JP. Now I'm aware of the tensions between some of the AvP2 community in the past and I've made it perfectly clear that this forum is not to be used for airing these tensions. Solutions were being offered and accepted by the person in question and there was really no need to bring this up.

Maskedviper

Probably and hopefully my last post on this board for a bit, have you guys ever encountered a rather odd glitch in which your mouse zig-zags when moving vertically? I've turned my polling rate down to 150 and I've tried changing mouse smoothing in settings, I have also tried using a mouse other than my gaming mouse but the problem persists, any suggestions?

x-M-x

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 07, 2017, 05:30:26 AM
Probably and hopefully my last post on this board for a bit, have you guys ever encountered a rather odd glitch in which your mouse zig-zags when moving vertically? I've turned my polling rate down to 150 and I've tried changing mouse smoothing in settings, I have also tried using a mouse other than my gaming mouse but the problem persists, any suggestions?

Try

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1489791825

:)

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 07, 2017, 06:54:12 AM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 07, 2017, 05:30:26 AM

Try

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1489791825

:)
You're the best, mate

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Odd, So everything seems fine for a few days... then I load in and all my button assignments are 'unassigned' and I can't turn the camera, I'm able to assign keys in the options menu but my character just sits there unmoving, the game works as in the idle animations are happening, but my character just will not move or Look around, like they're frozen in place. fearing this was a game breaking bug I deleted everything and went for a fresh install... the problem continues.

Also this hasn't happened in Primal hunt... as of yet... It's just the base game... any ideas?   

x-M-x

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 12, 2017, 04:34:39 AM
Odd, So everything seems fine for a few days... then I load in and all my button assignments are 'unassigned' and I can't turn the camera, I'm able to assign keys in the options menu but my character just sits there unmoving, the game works as in the idle animations are happening, but my character just will not move or Look around, like they're frozen in place. fearing this was a game breaking bug I deleted everything and went for a fresh install... the problem continues.

Also this hasn't happened in Primal hunt... as of yet... It's just the base game... any ideas?

^-- That's a common one that (OS related)

Try this

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1470359809/5

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 12, 2017, 12:48:08 PM

Try this

In the forum one said to try another fresh wipe and install, that's the only thing I could think of doing, so I'll give it another shot.

Reg cleaned and it's freshly installed, Same blasted error... not sure what to do because this came out from nowhere, one day my game is fine and the next... this happens. 

x-M-x

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 13, 2017, 11:07:04 PM

Try this

In the forum one said to try another fresh wipe and install, that's the only thing I could think of doing, so I'll give it another shot.

Reg cleaned and it's freshly installed, Same blasted error... not sure what to do because this came out from nowhere, one day my game is fine and the next... this happens.

Did you try (set to default) then click save?

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 14, 2017, 10:49:23 AM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 13, 2017, 11:07:04 PM

Try this

Did you try (set to default) then click save?
Even weirder, when I click "set to default" it resets everything back to unassigned.

x-M-x

^ -- Laptop or desktop ?

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 15, 2017, 08:50:35 AM
^ -- Laptop or desktop ?

Asus Rog G20, running latest windows 10 update on an Nvidia Gtx 750, which is also updated to the latest game-ready driver and with an intel i5 core and 2007700mb of space remaining...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed