Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 952,297 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 31, 2023, 09:07:50 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 31, 2023, 01:49:39 AMThat's fair.

If you like Duke3D and you like Warhammer, give Boltgun a try. Aside from the anemic shotgun, it's a blast.

I've been watching that, and I would if it didn't require a PC I can't afford. Despite being sprite-based. Because Vidyagaems!
To be fair, it's not actually sprite based like, say, Ion Fury (which is genuinely running on the old Duke3D Build Engine), Boltgun is running on Unreal Engine 4 but with a lot of post-processing to make it look "retro".

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 03, 2023, 11:51:48 PM

If you like Duke3D and you like Warhammer, give Boltgun a try. Aside from the anemic shotgun, it's a blast.

I've been watching that, and I would if it didn't require a PC I can't afford. Despite being sprite-based. Because Vidyagaems!
To be fair, it's not actually sprite based like, say, Ion Fury (which is genuinely running on the old Duke3D Build Engine), Boltgun is running on Unreal Engine 4 but with a lot of post-processing to make it look "retro".

That's certainly one way to make a "sprite" game.

Commander Blitz

Commander Blitz

Fireteam elite and Hogwarts legacy

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finishing up the Quake mission packs

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 04, 2023, 12:14:04 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 03, 2023, 11:51:48 PM

That's certainly one way to make a "sprite" game.
It's pretty remarkable how they managed to keep the file size down, the whole game is like 4GB. That's pretty refreshing in a landscape like Call of Duty where the games are like 100GB easy.

Stitch

Stitch

I'm on the last level of Project Zero/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, and I was enjoying myself up until the point where I realised I couldn't find a save point. And I kept looking, and still couldn't find a save point, and then I got killed by a ghost, and lost 45 minutes worth of progress. So I turned it off.

Now I still want to finish, but I'm kinda annoyed. I don't want to go through another 45 minutes worth of gameplay only to get killed again. That's not well designed.

Edit:
I've now finished it. Turns out I was very close to a save point, and I had missed another save point. My comment about not being well designed still stands, though, because the save point I missed was behind a door when you come through it, and so unless you open the map and happen to see where it is (as soon as you go by it, because you're on multiple levels and the map won't show it if you go upstairs), you'll miss it.

Eal

Eal

I wanna be playing Amnesia: The Bunker, but sadly I must wait.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Gonna try and get back into Necromunda: Hired Gun.

Stitch

Stitch

I played through Doki Doki Literature Club yesterday. It's brilliant. I'm not a visual novel fan but it's really smart.

Eal

Eal

Amnesia: The Bunker, and I'm regretting my choice to leave the Administration room already. ;.;

Darkness

Darkness

Finished my playthrough of Company of Heroes 1. Still a great game.

Started on Iron Harvest which is similar to CoH but with Mechs.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 08, 2023, 09:40:32 AMFinished my playthrough of Company of Heroes 1. Still a great game.

Started on Iron Harvest which is similar to CoH but with Mechs.
I backed that game on Kickstarter and I still haven't gotten off my ass and played it yet lol

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What's up with all these Halo 2 friendlies jumping directly into my line of fire? It feels like the bigger the gun the more they do it too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Update on Halo 2:

It's a lot of fun when it works, but whenever a Brute does that shoulder barge melee attack (to me, not to enemy NPCs), the game slows down to 1-2 frames per second and stays there. So I have to either quit, replay whatever section incredibly methodically or soldier through the epileptic visuals to a checkpoint, then restart to get my normal frame rate back.

If it was a bad game, I'd just give up entirely but I'm actually really enjoying it aside from this.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 07, 2023, 01:04:22 AMAmnesia: The Bunker, and I'm regretting my choice to leave the Administration room already. ;.;
Lol, i'm started to play it today. I loved the Dark Descent back in the day, and yesterday I found this new Amnesia game and even setting up in the WW1 (it gives me Deathwatch vibes) so I buy it immediately. Now I'm in the generator room... I don't wanna go out...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed