DH Announces Predator: Hunters!

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 09, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Author
DH Announces Predator: Hunters! (Read 44,509 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 10, 2017, 05:04:58 PM
Did Fox/DH ever actually say that they were de-canonizing the non AvP predator comics?

I just assumed they decanonized EVERYTHING but the films, I mean it's not unreasonable to assume that since well... back in 2013 they did say they were hard rebooting everything.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 10, 2017, 05:04:58 PM
Did Fox/DH ever actually say that they were de-canonizing the non AvP predator comics?

I assumed the re-boot only really applied to aliens and somewhat to AvP, the present day Predator stories never really backed themselves into a corner vs the films like aliens did by infesting earth.
They really never did, but yeah the old Predator comics would largely be very easy to re-canonize (and it looks like that's the route they're taking). It helps that 99% of them are set either in "the present" or some point in the past.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Since we're getting returning characters, fingers crossed Maya Bergstrom from Homeworld has a cameo. Probably not, though.

I wonder if the humans tasked with fighting the Preds will be called Spearhead. A Xenogenesis reference would be pretty bold.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

dragonthingy

The premise reminds me of Freddy versus Jason versus Ash: The Nightmare Warriors. In a good way!

I reckon this will become the focus of "present" Predator comics, while the "future" ones will work with the Aliens and Prometheus comics.

EJA

EJA

Regarding the re-canonization of some of the old Predator EU, I personally think it would be neat if Dark Horse found some way of re-canonizing some of the old Aliens and AVP EU with the new stuff. Some stuff, like the whole Earth War arc, would obviously have to be ignored though.

happypred

happypred

Man...I hope this doesn't suck

VanXant

VanXant

hmmm....sad that Chris is not doing the art. best Predator artist by lightyears.

happypred

happypred

The art kinda looks like the art in Predator 2009

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: EJA on Mar 02, 2017, 11:04:18 AM
Regarding the re-canonization of some of the old Predator EU, I personally think it would be neat if Dark Horse found some way of re-canonizing some of the old Aliens and AVP EU with the new stuff. Some stuff, like the whole Earth War arc, would obviously have to be ignored though.
We've got another thread about it, but it'd be trivially easy to re-canonize large swaths of the old AvP/Aliens EU. Heck, i wouldn't be surprised if they took the Star Wars Legends approach.

happypred

happypred

I hope this makes up for Pred vs. Dredd

Ultramorph

Russ840

vikingspawn

The fluorescent ink covers sound interesting:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-553/Predator-Hunters-1

:o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed