Alien - Inferno's Fall

Started by felix, Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM

Author
Alien - Inferno's Fall (Read 61,577 times)

skhellter

skhellter

is that a direct quote from the book?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Aye.

That said, I need to go check the previous wildlife attacks for descriptions there too.

Corporal Hicks

Kradan

Kradan

QuoteThe episode also includes a little mini-review of the previous novel, Alien: Colony War

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Basically nailed it with Colony War. I liked how one of you basically just messaged the author asking about that one retcon and the way they responded just made my eyes roll immensely. It was just a bad take on the Alien universe. I did like Inferno's Fall but even I had problems with that one throughout. I did like some of the characters and it's interesting you all bring up the

Spoiler
Blade Runner
[close]

aspect of it because now I kind of don't want it there now.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 29, 2021, 01:13:58 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 28, 2021, 09:37:04 PMAlso, probably the biggest fan of Covenant out there (ranks it as her number 1 Alien movie)

Seriously? ???

Yes, there're even audio recordings to back it up

That was a good episode. I kinda hoped for a little more of corporal getting mad with Colony war (like when you reviewed Resistance/Rescue)

Spoiler
Also, when I heard about author implying there's some conspiracy to cover up Amanda's fate my immediate thought was "Is ... is that ralfy ?"
[close]

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

Everyone says they liked the book, then proceeds to list everything wrong with the book while only saying they like the characters.

This book was a waste of time, and it really highlights the problem for me of coming to a fan-specific place. Y'all are talking about lore and the details of the goo as if that is what the book should be judged on.

Nothing of importance happens because the main character POV is ultimately useless. It's a way to get Clara's family members into an Alien book, but they aren't important enough so they get cast aside at the end.
Even the characters for which I bought the book hardly appear. I was straight-up misled into thinking this book was about Zula and instead I got 80% bitter old woman, 20% shitty android writing.

I did not like this book at all and hearing y'all's positive thoughts helped me to realize the dichotomy in this fandom.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wompdonkey on Nov 17, 2022, 04:53:37 PMThis book was a waste of time, and it really highlights the problem for me of coming to a fan-specific place. Y'all are talking about lore and the details of the goo as if that is what the book should be judged on.

Because those aspects of the lore are just part of a wider world-building that is quite controversial at the minute. It's a fair point we focused on the aspects we didn't like (the goo), but it's such a hot topic for us.

I completely understand you're disappointed it wasn't more focused around Zula, but I also think at this point we should expect covers to not be representative of the content. This is a very frequent thing. But I thoroughly enjoyed the Knot. They don't all have to have a massive impact going forwards. And I'm particularly interested in those more complicated family dynamics so I found them massively interesting. 

Stitch

Stitch

I've just finished and I'm undecided on my opinions. I quite liked Toru and the Knot as characters, and everything they did seemed realistic.

I didn't pick up on the implications that it's David seeding the worlds until reading this thread, but that does seem to make a certain amount of sense.

I'm not a big fan of Zula, so her being sidelined was fine for me, but the way the actual EU expansion plot was done, was poor. Either stick to the plot about the miners or about the jackals, and since the main story was about the miners, I'd have gone with them. As it is, the book ends up on an MCU style 'post credits stinger', so to speak, and I dislike that.

Magic black plot goo has once again been reverted from some semblance of sense, to magic black plot goo.

Prez

Prez

Scored this book as a Secret Santa (Kris Kringle) from a work colleague. Looking forward to reading it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 28, 2021, 09:37:04 PMShe used to run Studio Yutani blog and hosted dedicated podcast show. Member of AvPGalaxy under the username Delta Echo Alpha Delta (formerly known as muthur9000) although she hasn't posted here since May

Also, probably the biggest fan of Covenant out there (ranks it as her number 1 Alien movie)

Yeeeeeeah not quite, she was obsessed with it for a time, but as her partner I will tell you now — Alien is her absolute favourite in the series. But she does love them all like her children (sans AVP/AVP:R 🤮).

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 26, 2023, 05:53:39 AM(sans AVP 🤮).

So Requiem is fine?

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

AVP was plural. 😂

Engineer

Engineer

Edit to say "AVPs" then lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed