William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 153,154 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 30, 2018, 04:11:00 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2018, 03:26:47 PM
I can't freaking wait to see what

Spoiler
the Change
[close]

looks like on the page. Something like that, I imagine!

Spoiler
The Hybrid better not have a goddamn skull.  >:(
[close]

Spoiler
It's gonna be a big, flashy, prominent skull that'll haunt your dreams.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Spoiler
In fairness, the skull in this context would actually make a lot of sense, given that they're literally people turning directly into Aliens.
[close]

*Spoiler tag added. Hicks.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2018, 01:13:02 PM
4th issue is up.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/21/dark-horse-comics-february-2019-solicits/

Spoiler
QuoteThis is the official adaptation of the original screenplay for Alien 3, written by William Gibson, the award-winning science fiction author of the cyberpunk cult classic Neuromancer. You'll see familiar characters and places-but not all is the same in this horrifying Cold War thriller!

Suddenly, both the Rodina and Sulaco find themselves in a state of complete chaos, as the controlled environments go completely awry. When Hicks, Spence, and crew attempt to take matters into their own hands by expelling the Xenomorph embryos, they find that they may be too late.
[close]

In Shops: Feb 13, 2019

Variant by B Moore

Definitely not as...extreme as what I was expecting, or was used to from the script. Although I suppose they couldn't slap that on a cover and get away with it. Still, it's interesting. I hope there's a big ol' skull under there. I'm sure Local does too.  ;D

bobby brown

bobby brown

You think the new breed is going to be actual hybrids or somewhat regular alien warriors?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Hope it is hybrids. A regular normal warrior makes no sense with that origin. Or less sense  :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

His second draft made it pretty clear the Changeliens weren't the same as regular Aliens, especially in the scene where
Spoiler
the two types fight.
[close]

From memory, the first draft was a bit more ambiguous about it, except in the case of the Queen, who's described as looking kinda different.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2018, 03:13:24 PM
His second draft made it pretty clear the Changeliens weren't the same as regular Aliens, especially in the scene where
Spoiler
the two types fight.
[close]

From memory, the first draft was a bit more ambiguous about it, except in the case of the Queen, who's described as looking kinda different.

Yeah you are right. Has been a while since I read it.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Of all of the unused drafts for Alien 3, I always where most into David Twohy's take.  It felt quite inspired.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's my favourite too. Other than an anti-climactic ending, I think it's pretty good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Twohy's was a great one. I preferred Gibson's 2nd draft but after that it was Twohy's. I'd love to see that adapted too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2018, 09:06:00 AM
That's my favourite too. Other than an anti-climactic ending, I think it's pretty good.

And the hilarious bit where 99% of the prison gets sucked out into space. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2018, 09:06:00 AM

And the hilarious bit where 99% of the prison gets sucked out into space. :laugh:

Hahaha still a funny bit.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Russ840

Man. This was great. Lots of world building here and the art is great.

Feels very cinematic, as it should being a visualisation of the screenplay.

I find it really ironic how the ideas from this screenplay really work well with the new lore added by Prometheus and Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed