William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,690 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 09, 2018, 01:39:43 AM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Aug 09, 2018, 01:24:33 AM
One thing I hope they change from the original script is
Spoiler
the two full grown aliens on board the Sulaco. I know they're just there as a means to write Ripley out of the story (she was supposed to return in the follow up iirc), but it made zero sense for them to be there. There's other, more believable ways for Ripley to be rendered comatose.
[close]

The pages we've seen so far come from the second draft, where

Spoiler
Kurtz, the UPP Captain, gets jumped by the facehugger from Bishop's capsule, and in the ensuing spasms he shoots Ripley's capsule and damages it, before running off into the ship where bursts off camera.
[close]

That would make much more sense...

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

i think its been mentioned that the first book comes out in November of this year...

im counting the days until i can pre-order!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: DorkiDori on Aug 09, 2018, 03:22:35 PM
i think its been mentioned that the first book comes out in November of this year...

im counting the days until i can pre-order!

Put in my pre-order with my local this week (though it wasn't on the system as of yet).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When does SM get his advance copy?

SM

SM

When it's finished I suppose. Not that generally get advance copies.  I just buy them when they come out like everyone else.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: Prez on Aug 10, 2018, 12:10:22 AM
Put in my pre-order with my local this week (though it wasn't on the system as of yet).

im impatiently waiting for it to pop up on Things From Another World... *sigh*

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.newsarama.com/41493-dark-horse-november-2018-solicitations.html

William Gibson's Alien 3 #1
William Gibson (W), Johnnie Christmas (W/A/Cover), Tamra Bonvillain (C), and Paolo and Joe Rivera (Variant cover)
On sale Nov 7
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
This is the official adaptation of the original screenplay for Alien 3, written by William Gibson, the award-winning science fiction author of the cyberpunk cult classic Neuromancer. You'll see familiar characters and places—but not all is the same in this horrifying Cold War thriller!
After the deadly events of the film Aliens, the spaceship Sulaco carrying the sleeping bodies of Ripley, Hicks, Newt, and Bishop is intercepted by the Union of Progressive Peoples. What the UPP forces don't expect is another deadly passenger that is about to unleash chaos between two governmental titans intent on developing the ultimate Cold War weapon of mass destruction.
• Based on the original screenplay by Neuromancer's William Gibson!
• Adaptation and art by Johnnie Christmas—co-creator of Margaret Atwood's Angel Catbird and creator of Image Comics' Firebug.
• Featuring some of the most famous characters in the Alien film canon: Hicks, Bishop, Newt, and Ripley.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

November is so far away...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Good to finally have a date for this!

Also, if that alternate cover's anything to go by, nice to see they've got the rights to the likenesses of Hicks and Bishop.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Would love to hear Michael Biehn's thoughts about this...especially since he wasn't happy about the way his character was handled. Interesting that some form of vindication could come after 30 years, even if it's in illustrated format.

Any chance of getting him on the podcast?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 23, 2018, 04:21:45 PM
Good to finally have a date for this!

Also, if that alternate cover's anything to go by, nice to see they've got the rights to the likenesses of Hicks and Bishop.

I'm sure Henriksen wasn't hard to get, at least.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

PRE-ORDERED LIKE WHOA!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! snagged both covers too :D cant wait to read the first issue in November!

Huggs

Huggs

Will this be available on amazon?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Does Amazon sell singles???

Your best bet is a local comic shop.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 23, 2018, 04:21:45 PM

And it's a damn good likeness too!

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Aug 23, 2018, 08:21:51 PM
Would love to hear Michael Biehn's thoughts about this...especially since he wasn't happy about the way his character was handled. Interesting that some form of vindication could come after 30 years, even if it's in illustrated format.

Any chance of getting him on the podcast?

Unlikely.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The likeness is great. They might have that for Newt as well. Do we know how many issues this is?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed