William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 154,528 times)

Denton Smalls

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2018, 06:26:51 PM
It's not unprecedented in real life since the old USSR stole our designs all the time.  I was hoping for a space MiG or something like a Hind though.  :-\

Something like a space hind would have been cool.

Corporal Hicks

I am so freaking excited to see this announced!!!  ;D Words cannot adequately describe my excitement! Really can't wait to see more of this.

Quote from: DarthWall275 on Jul 12, 2018, 05:29:18 PM
Oh goodness will they just leave Alien 3 alone?

It's Canon, Hicks and Ripley die, end of story.
Besides, it's more respectful to the original '79 movie than Aliens was, even Giger said it was better.

It's just a fun alternate tale, like The Star Wars.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2018, 06:15:19 PM
Why is the UPP interceptor basically identical to a USCM dropship?  :-\

I did raise an eyebrow but it's not a huge thing. Personally, I envisioned something more like a Broadsword from Halo.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2018, 06:26:51 PM
It's not unprecedented in real life since the old USSR stole our designs all the time.  I was hoping for a space MiG or something like a Hind though.  :-\

Ever seen the Russian Space Shuttle? I read somewhere that their's had been based on stolen plans of the US'.

Huggs

Huggs

If this works out, I wonder what the odds are that we will see Ward's vision someday?

Corporal Hicks

If we show an interest in these kind of series, makes sense that Fox/Dark Horse would be willing to do more.

V9

V9

Never cared about comics, but this one sounds interesting

Rankles75

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2018, 07:08:50 PM
If this works out, I wonder what the odds are that we will see Ward's vision someday?

Yeah, would be interested to see that too. Not really into Red's script though...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know that script is insane but damn if I don't want to see some of that insanity visualized.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm pleased to see some influence from the second draft in those pages.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 12, 2018, 07:50:36 PM
I'm pleased to see some influence from the second draft in those pages.

Yep, the opening seemed based off the second draft. Dem wrist-mounted smartguns!  :P

This run is going to be 5 issues btw.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I imagined those guns as being a lot bigger, considering Hicks could barely carry the one after a while.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

would be really neat if Dark Horse started putting out more unreleased Alien film scripts into comic format! I think Alien: Engineers (or Alien: Origins whatever you wanna call it) and Alien 5 would be ripe for this sort of treatment! :D

cant wait to pre order en masse too ;)

Alienon

Alienon

Wow! Great!

DorkiDori

Alien: Engineers, Alien: Covenant (with brutal biomechanical Engineers city). And don't forget about Alien Earthbound (alt Alien Ressurection). So much materials for comics.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

A3 is my 2nd favourite in the series, right behind the original, but this comic excites me. Definitely gonna wait for the TPB, though... I've waited this long to read the script, I can go a little longer!

426Buddy

426Buddy

I love Alien3 and didnt want to see it retconned in the films.

However this is amazing and a wonderful idea for future aliens comics. I would love more unused scripts turned into graphic novels.. I know a lot of fans of the comics have wanted something like this for a long time.

Also for everyone saying they will wait for the TPB, please dont. Get the single issues and we may see more ideas like this in the future. The success of these series are gauged more on the sales of single issues. So get the singles and when the tpb come out you can give someone your singles and you could maybe help create another fan. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed