New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,766 times)

Anthony

Anthony

Evanus

Evanus

So the scene where
Spoiler
David kills the engineers is in the movie?!!  ???
[close]

Stolen

Stolen

QuoteNew Alien Covenant footage focused on David being, essentially, an angry god. Violence of the original Alien and huge sci-fi of Prometheus.

my god, great!

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 30, 2017, 06:14:18 PM
QuoteNew Alien Covenant footage focused on David being, essentially, an angry god. Violence of the original Alien and huge sci-fi of Prometheus.

my god, great!
Link please!  :)

Anthony

Anthony

https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/status/847512943684210689

Spoiler
Also the JoBlo tweet might mean the flashback scene is back in the film!
[close]

https://twitter.com/JacobTiranno/status/847510891507531776

Evanus

Evanus

Yup, seems like we'll see
Spoiler
David killing the engineers. Hmm, now I wonder if they simply died of the black goo or something else.
[close]

Edit: did they show a new trailer as well?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

QuoteThe crowd erupted in cheers while watching a new sneak peek at Ridley Scott's "Alien: Covenant" at the annual CinemaCon convention in Las Vegas on Thursday.

Here is description:

Spoiler
The new trailer showed a darkness take down an entire civilization while Michael Fassbender's character David (who plays both David and Walter, so it could easily be Walter as well — they look very similar) watches from an epic-looking space ship. Throughout the rest of the footage, it becomes clear he won't let humans start over on a new planet after leaving earth.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed," Fassbender says in the trailer. "They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. So they are leaving the earth forever."

He continues, "But their power is an illusion. They don't deserve to start again, and I'm not going to let them."

The trailer is full of gore as different species (and yes — xenomorphs show up too) take down humans viciously. And Scott, who introduced the trailer remotely, said he just wants to scare audiences — which it seems he will accomplish easily.
[close]

http://www.thewrap.com/alien-covenant-footage-michael-fassbender-wont-let-humans-start-new-planet/

Evanus

salomonj

salomonj

Keeps getting better an better!!! Will we get to see this trailer soon?

salomonj

salomonj

Ugh may 19th can't get here soon enough

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 30, 2017, 06:48:52 PM
Will we get to see this trailer soon?

Not sure when they'll release it. Maybe before Fast 8 comes out.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

"But their power is an illusion. They don't deserve to start again, and I'm not going to let them."

Oh my. This franchise is finally being given the type of dialogue I've always wanted it to have. EPIC dialogue.

We've come a long way from "IT! Has memories! Why! Does IT! Have memories!", "REAL NICE PARTY AIN'T IT?" and "Who do I have to f**k to get off this boat?" people. Take it in. Enjoy it.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS IN THE OP.

great, thanks.

Samus007

Samus007

So exciting! C'mon May 18th / 19th lets do this!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed