Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 148,262 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 07:50:45 PM
Charles Weyland has been wiped from the books. Hiya, Peter! Have a seat :)

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 28, 2012, 07:51:29 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:50:16 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 28, 2012, 07:49:06 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:44:38 PM
Then how is Peter Weyland alive in both 2023 and in Prometheus?  Maybe they already invented cryotubes by then?  On a side note, it looks like Prometheus isn't ignoring the AVP films after all if Ridley is still using the title "Weyland Industries." :)

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

He may be using only the name, but the existence of Peter Weyland, plus his biography contradicts Anderson's Charles Weyland. And after watching that video, Anderson could f**k off.

Actually, the bio says that Peter only spawned an empire; this may not necessarily mean Weyland Industries.

"Considered a seminal moment in the career of our founder Peter Weyland, " -weylandindustries.com

It isn't inconceivable that Peter made his own company "Weyland Megacorp" which eventually bought out "Weyland Industries" after the mysterious disappearance of his father/ancestor.

johnw

johnw

Long long time lurker first time poster- but has anyone else noticed there is something hidden in this video? Look at the 1 min mark- on his cheek and in the right hand corner a type of face appears.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Remember that report posted on another Prometheus site that showed Peter Weyland surrounded by a crowd, seemingly on a stage which we all (chiefly me) believed to be bunk and/or false??

I guess it was real after all...but it was a plant.

Master

Master

Nice find.

Let`s wait and see before removing anything from canon.

Infected

Infected

So the humans are gods.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Master on Feb 28, 2012, 07:55:48 PM
Nice find.

Let`s wait and see before removing anything from canon.

^I think this is the safest and best approach.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh, precious wonderful adorable loveable retcon!

But oh boy, is Guy hamming it up bigtime. Hopefully his performance in the film is a bit more convincing :P

predxeno

predxeno

Guy does remind me a bit of Lance Henriksen, I guess I can believe that he's related to him.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:53:05 PM
It isn't inconceivable that Peter made his own company "Weyland Megacorp" which eventually bought out "Weyland Industries" after the mysterious disappearance of his father/ancestor.

Don't even try and canonize this man with Charles Weyland. He's gone. He's history. :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:58:30 PM
Guy does remind me a bit of Lance Henriksen, I guess I can believe that he's related to him.
:-\ And so it begins...

predxeno

predxeno

Sorry, but I've already retconned this film into the AVP timeline.  Speaking of timelines, I have a question; If Prometheus takes place 30 years before Alien, could Ridley be changing the year Alien occurs in and make it 30 years after 2023 instead? 

EDIT: Ridley did say earlier that he didn't make a specific time date for Alien so that the timeframe could be changed to match up with reality.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 07:59:51 PM
Sigh... You can't argue with someone whose fingers are in their ears.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:01:12 PM
Sorry, but I've already retconned this film into the AVP timeline.  Speaking of timelines, I have a question; If Prometheus takes place 30 years before Alien, could Ridley be changing the year Alien occurs in and make it 30 years after 2023 instead? 

EDIT: Ridley did say earlier that he didn't make a specific time date for Alien so that the timeframe could be changed to match up with reality.

Read the site. It says the video took place 50 years ago in 2023, making the year 2073.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 08:04:22 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 07:59:51 PM
Sigh... You can't argue with someone whose fingers are in their ears.

I just don't see how or why we can eliminate AVP from continuity, especially when they make a very specific reference to those films.

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 28, 2012, 08:04:47 PM
Read the site. It says the video took place 50 years ago in 2023, making the year 2073.

Ah, my bad.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Does this kind of confirm that Pearce plays Wheelchair Man?  An elderly Weyland searching for immortality?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed