AvP Galaxy Clothing Available - New TeePublic Store

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 03, 2017, 10:03:42 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Clothing Available - New TeePublic Store (Read 26,374 times)

Wysps

So I decided to do a quick and dirty product review on the AvPGalaxy Circular Logo Long Sleeve T-Shirt - Women's, since I just got it in a few days ago.

Very impressed with how the logo is laid on the shirt.  I think it covers enough of the shirt so people can actually read it from a comfortable distance and doesn't lay awkwardly on certain "areas", if you know what I'm saying.

Some fit notes -
The sleeves are fine, until you wash and dry them.  They shortened enough for me to have to scrunch up the sleeves instead of wear them down.  I bought a size bigger than what was suggested to account for shrinkage in the wash, but in retrospect I would have probably ordered two sizes bigger.  It also has very little stretch, which is fine if you order accordingly.  I wore this to sleep and was very comfortable!  The material is a heavier weight – perfect for fall or winter.  I don't expect anyone to wear this comfortably in the summertime, unless you get cold easily or are wearing this as a cover up of some kind.  May order the Space Hunter next in a men's size, since the purpose of buying these is to go over workout/dance clothes.

Here is a picture showing the sleeves and how I need to scrunch them up:

Spoiler
[close]

The shirt will probably work best for shorter torsos or shorter arms and average height (5'5) or under.  If you are considering placing an order, please go by the website measurements and look at the models that are wearing sample sizes.  I found this very beneficial when choosing a size.  It is very easy to order the wrong size in this – especially if you go by what you normally wear on the street.
Touchy sizing aside, I'm still very happy with the purchase  :)  Great way to support the website and a wonderful conversation piece.

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear about the sleeve issues. We're kinda at the mercy of TeePublic when it comes to these but glad you still like it though.

Local Trouble

When are you going to get a shirt that looks like Hicks' armor?

Mike’s Monsters

I didn't know we had this shop! I'm going to pick some pieces up after a few paychecks. I dig this!!!

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Bought this tank top a while ago in summer(it's now winter here), I always get stuff in an L because it fits better over my chest. I think I might get a hoodie for winter.

Wysps

Quote from: muthur9000 on Jul 07, 2018, 07:00:56 AM
Bought this tank top a while ago in summer(it's now winter here), I always get stuff in an L because it fits better over my chest. I think I might get a hoodie for winter.

Looks great, and I'm digging the combo with the jacket  :) I'm actually contemplating getting a tank top but am having trouble narrowing down a style (so many options).

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 07, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

Looks great, and I'm digging the combo with the jacket  :) I'm actually contemplating getting a tank top but am having trouble narrowing down a style (so many options).

Thanks, I just sewed a patch on a random black hoodie I bought. Because I wanted it to be comfy in hot weather(and to wear to the gym) I went for the Tri-blend racer back in Vintage Black. There's definitely a lot of styles to choose from, I think this design is comfier than say the premium.

Wysps

Quote from: muthur9000 on Jul 07, 2018, 12:30:12 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Jul 07, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

Thanks, I just sewed a patch on a random black hoodie I bought. Because I wanted it to be comfy in hot weather(and to wear to the gym) I went for the Tri-blend racer back in Vintage Black. There's definitely a lot of styles to choose from, I think this design is comfier than say the premium.

I actually had a question about that style, so glad that you uploaded a shot for a better look! Was thinking of a different cut, but now I'm tempted to get one with the Weyland-Yutani emblem...

Wysps

I bought a couple more shirts - I'm a sucker for sales, what can I say  :D  I'll mention a few things in case some forum members have never purchased anything from the shop.  The two tops I got were:  Get To The Chopper! Tank Top - Junior Athletic Style in Vintage Grape and Jungle Ale T-Shirt - V-Neck T-Shirt in Grass.

Logo placement-wise, the t-shirt is spot on.  Like the AVPG shirt I mentioned a few posts ago, the logo sits in a comfortable spot so it doesn't draw tons of attention to "the girls".  The script is at the bottom of the shirt instead of the top, which is nice - you won't feel like people are reading your chest as you walk by  ;)  The tank top's logo does come down farther on my shirt then it shows in the stock photo on the website.  The logo sits right on the abdomen, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you're trying to accentuate lol.

The sizing is kind of similar to my AVPG shirt - to be safe, I'd order one to two sizes larger then what you normally order, to account for shrinkage in the wash.  However, you don't have to worry about these shirts shrinking in length.  Both of these shirts are very long to begin with (a plus for those who are taller or have long torsos, or just prefer covering your hips), so no worries about them becoming "belly shirts". 

The material is definitely "summery", great for being outside.  The tank-top has a lot of give and worked amazingly on my hike this afternoon.  Didn't show sweat through the material and moved with me.  The extra length, especially in the back, was also a plus when going up steep areas - no plumber's butt here.  The t-shirt doesn't have as much give...something to keep in mind when sizing. 

Also, don't be afraid of experimenting with the colors.  You'll be surprised at how wearable some of the other colors are. 

PredBabe

Nice! I really like both prints, especially the Jungle Ale one. :)
Wouldn't have thought to get them in green or purple but I'm diggin it. They're my two favorite colors.

Corporal Hicks

Everything on the store is currently on sale! Get yourself a steal!

Voodoo Magic

I bought the new Predator AVPG one.

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2020, 01:46:43 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/YYfEjWVqZ6NDG/giphy.gif

Are you going to share with us your steals, Voodoo? 8)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Feb 05, 2020, 09:54:55 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 24, 2020, 01:46:43 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/YYfEjWVqZ6NDG/giphy.gif

Are you going to share with us your steals, Voodoo? 8)

I'm not sure if you mean me in it or not, but here is the trophy this Predator picked out:

Corporal Hicks

Let's see them modelling pictures! Wanna see folk in them!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed