Point Defense, New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Game-Mode, Drops As Part of Season 2 Update!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2021, 06:10:17 PM

Author
Point Defense, New Aliens: Fireteam Elite Game-Mode, Drops As Part of Season 2 Update! (Read 15,133 times)

acrediblesource

That screenshot of the alien device thing isn't the full image. Youllhave to go to the website and click enlarge to see the two page spread.

T888

What is the content for the ones who bought the Deluxe Edition ? I don't see what's added for us.  ???

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: T888 on Dec 02, 2021, 02:30:19 PM
What is the content for the ones who bought the Deluxe Edition ? I don't see what's added for us.  ???

We who forked over the extra cash for the Deluxe Edition gets The Nostromo Salvage Pack in Season 2.

QuoteEmerging from a 57-year hypersleep, this pack includes over 20 exclusive items, including two Nostromo-themed class kit skin designs, eight weapon colors, four decals, four head accessories, four emotes, and more!

acrediblesource

I wonder if 3 FT in WY jumpsuits makes for a more threatening experience.

Voodoo Magic

RidgeTop

Some gameplay footage of the new mode and map provided to us by Cold Iron:

acrediblesource

Engineer in biosuit comes in with xeno like claws. another Engineer in biosuit comes in with xeno like tail. Another Engineer in biosuit comes in with xeno like feet. Another engineer in bio suit coming in with an xeno skull.

....not true.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 02, 2021, 07:59:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQFdbU3leY

Albeit more generic in design, these artifacts are somewhat similar to the Engineers terraforming engines of the early stage of development of Prometheus.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

IMHO, there seems to be less engineer involvement asides from some conceptual texturing. There are no structures in those paintings but I imagine there would need to be at some point. Maybe these were entirely WIP for prometheus. Or maybe these paintings are of things that were left behind after the structures were removed.

EDIT: There is now some shit going on! :O

Immortan Jonesy

Sorry about that, it took me a while to post all the images. :laugh:

I just find them similar. In Jon Spaihts's script, a Weyland's team tries to steal the terraforming devices that the Engineers designed to make the air inside the pyramid breathable.

acrediblesource

Weird. The more i hear about John Spaights script i think about the recent Alien Comic thats based off of the original script. Strangely it shouldnt have ventured into Prometheus territory, but it  feels like it did. I wonder if Darkhorse (Disney now) might do an extended Prometheus comic series based off of elements of the original script. I'm not sure if I'll like it but a different take is a different take.

Hemi

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 02, 2021, 07:59:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQFdbU3leY

Ok... so you need to stand at a point and move on after a while to the next. Is it fun to play? Doesn't really look like fun imo.... :-\

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hemi on Dec 03, 2021, 10:29:13 AM
Ok... so you need to stand at a point and move on after a while to the next. Is it fun to play? Doesn't really look like fun imo.... :-\

Yeah... I'm going to reserve judgment until I can try it out... but let's just say I am concerned at the moment that this will be enough to repair and sustain the playerbase until April/May/June.

Nukiemorph

Looks slightly more enjoyable than horde mode to me.

Disappointed that we still aren't seeing Pala Station yet.

Enjoy

Why don't the pulse rifels have grenade launchers ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed