AvPR's Running Time

Started by Darkness, Nov 29, 2007, 04:07:28 PM

Author
AvPR's Running Time (Read 17,993 times)

Darkness

Darkness

AvP2Daily.de is reporting that the running time for the movie in Germany is 94 minutes. They got this straight from Fox. Co-director Colin Strause also made a comment on the running time yesterday:

“We were that long a while ago, but we’ve tightened the movie since then. There was a sub-plot that we didn’t want in the film any more that chopped out a bit of time, but the movie is so much better because of that. I’m not sure of the exact time with credits, but it is under a 100 minutes, which is long enough for what the movie needs to be. When you see the movie, there is a great balance of really long suspense scenes, and fast action. Longer isn’t aways better, and I personally hate walking out of a good movie that could have been perfect if 10-15 minutes of filler was cut out of it.”

I’m somewhat disappointed about the running time. I guess I always expect AvP films to be at least two hours like the Alien films. AvP’s premise was great and could have easily have been a decent two hour film if everything else had been done right.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Ugh, I hate it when movies like this are only an hour and a half, reminds me of Jurassic Park 3.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Ah, who cares, this movie's gonna have an hour and a half's worth of my two favorite monsters!!! Thats better than nothing...  I guess...

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Of course, the DVD is gonna have probably another 15 minutes though.

Deco

Deco

My optimism has been somewhat crushed. I will still keep the faith but If the Strause Bros pull off great action, great story and great character development all in 94 Mins, I will salute them

Daunty

Daunty

This sucks. 94 min? And they promise many battles and character development? Yeah right... I hope the bro's don't pull an Anderson on us. Promise stuff and then screw the fans over.

SHREK

SHREK

wow thats just screwed evrythin up, so basically as soon as the film starts its gunna b killing? how is the stroy supposed 2 develop, this has just made a big dent in the movie     :(  

oz

oz

hell wots this shit 94min.2hours man at the mim.     >:(  

dDave

dDave

yeahh as i said yesterday,,, 94min... when we seee the movie we will know whether it was a wrong idea or not.

MAD-REX

MAD-REX

"Longer isn't aways better, and I personally hate walking out of a good movie that could have been perfect if 10-15 minutes of filler was cut out of it."  But what he said is true, longer isn't always better. I guess we will have to wait and see. I do wish it was a little longer.

ALIEN SKULL COLLECTOR

ALIEN SKULL COLLECTOR

Yeah i wish this movie was going to as long as aliens (directors cut) but look at the first predator, it was only around 94 min long and it had good character development and everyone loves that movie.

LukaKovach

LukaKovach

Im dissappointed, I was expecting at least 100 minutes without credits, and now we find out it's 94 minutes WITH credits.  Sucks so much ass.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

94mins hu?????????i thought they said it was ganna be longer???????? oh man tehre onedissapointment but O WELL im still ganan c the movie LOL lets just hope it pays off the right way.......

PREDATOR34

PREDATOR34

im dissapointed about the time i mean it should be more than 2 hours but should be alot of action

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed