Alien: Covenant Novelization

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 22, 2016, 03:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Novelization (Read 48,236 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm happy to report that Alan Dean Foster is writing an Alien: Covenant novelization. No official announcement or anything but I just exchanged an email with him where he confirmed it.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Great News! Really looking forward to read it!

Local Trouble

Can you get an interview?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Oh man, I can't wait for all the tie-ins!

426Buddy

426Buddy

They should have him also write Prometheus while he's at it lol

Great news though. :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Wow, I guess he got over his hang-ups with writing Alien novelizations after Alien3.

No really, this is pretty great news!

windebieste

windebieste

Wow... Nice.  Will have to pick this up.  Been such a long time since I read one of his books.  Yeah, I guess it would have been 'ALIEN 3', at that. 

Hope he'll be working from a complete script.  ...and the book had better have 8 pages of photos, too!   :D

Either way, too Awesome!!!

-Windebieste.

serbip1

serbip1

Really excited for this one! ;D

windebieste

windebieste

Foster writing the novelisation of the movie hearkens back to the Glory Days of yore.  This really is beginning to feel like the series is returning to its roots.  Finally. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 23, 2016, 04:33:48 AM
Wow, I guess he got over his hang-ups with writing Alien novelizations after Alien3.

No really, this is pretty great news!

To be fair, that was 24 years ago! I'm glad though! I'm really excited about this news. I had been hoping they'd do an adaptation and especially glad it's ADF!

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 22, 2016, 07:41:44 PM
Can you get an interview?

Possibly. But I wouldn't want to until after it's published.

jeanj

jeanj

I've never read novelizations. Are they close to the movie storyline ?

Should be expect it to be released months before the movie ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: jeanj on Sep 26, 2016, 10:51:04 AM
I've never read novelizations. Are they close to the movie storyline ?

Depends on what script they're being adapted from. Usually though they're based on the shooting script before any editing so you'll often get to read deleted or alternate scenes. Those differences are primarily the fun of reading the novelizations.

QuoteShould be expect it to be released months before the movie ?

Really depends on how secretive they're going to be about the film. Conservatively, I'd expect maybe a couple of weeks before the film is out.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

This is really good news. I always love ADF's novelisations. Maybe Ridley spoke to him personally about it, since he has a huge amount of pull over the franchise atm. Wish they'd let him go back and do a Prometheous adapt as well for us English speaking folk

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see what ADF did with Prometheus but I don't think it's likely to become a reality.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I reckon it would only happen if they re-released Prometheous under Alien : Prometheous or something like that.

I'd just like an English one and I'm sure he'd fix certain things and maybe use bits from Engineers and Genesis lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed