Custom Single Player Maps?

Started by Russ840, Feb 24, 2022, 11:25:48 AM

Author
Custom Single Player Maps? (Read 3,269 times)

Russ840

Russ840

Been playing this classic again.  Been honing my speed running time for marine on Directors Cut.  Forgot how turned around you can get during mission 3 (Invasion).  I love how the levels can feel non linear.

Also been tweaking the game files to have the original intro/menu music and background, and original in game FMV messages (god I hate the later ones that the Rebellion staff recorded).

I simply love this game.  Every time I come back to it I am amazed how spot on the atmosphere is.

I am also working on a custom game case and bootable disc to have a modern, physical copy of the game.     

Anyway.

My main reason for this Post/Topic is this.  Are there any fan made single player story maps that can be downloaded.   

I know this game inside out and skirmish is a bit tedious now. I want some new content.

Can anybody advise ?

synapticflow

synapticflow

Can you tell me how to get rid of the terrible Rebeliion staff recordings also?  And I would love to have a custom game case, bootable disc as well.

Do you know if anyone is still doing multiplayer on Steam?

EDIT:  Sorry I just realized I didn't have answers to your question; just more questions.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Huh I'm not sure but the recordings with the Rebeliion staff is something that was added for the 2000 released. So for the original recording you would need to play the original released version of 1999... maybe that, so not the version that is available on steam.

For fan made single players maps you can try asking on the steam community of the game.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 24, 2022, 11:25:48 AMBeen playing this classic again.  Been honing my speed running time for marine on Directors Cut.  Forgot how turned around you can get during mission 3 (Invasion).  I love how the levels can feel non linear.

Also been tweaking the game files to have the original intro/menu music and background, and original in game FMV messages (god I hate the later ones that the Rebellion staff recorded).

I simply love this game.  Every time I come back to it I am amazed how spot on the atmosphere is.

I am also working on a custom game case and bootable disc to have a modern, physical copy of the game.   

Anyway.

My main reason for this Post/Topic is this.  Are there any fan made single player story maps that can be downloaded. 

I know this game inside out and skirmish is a bit tedious now. I want some new content.

Can anybody advise ?

Check this one out.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: synapticflow on Apr 30, 2022, 03:38:28 PMCan you tell me how to get rid of the terrible Rebeliion staff recordings also?  And I would love to have a custom game case, bootable disc as well.

Do you know if anyone is still doing multiplayer on Steam?

EDIT:  Sorry I just realized I didn't have answers to your question; just more questions.

It's a fairly simple process. Just open the source files on you computer in one window. Then use your original disc and open the folders. You will need to move over the contents of the FMV folder from the disc to overwrite the files on you computer.

Does that make sense ?

Wweyland

Wweyland

That space background in the menus takes me back about 23 years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed