NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,828 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gridseeker on Mar 13, 2023, 02:42:34 PMCould be, also in latest the visual guide there is no upcoming figure, except the lost tribe figures.
Personally, if NECA is going to wrap up with the license, I hope they release the Feral and the Ultimate Wolf and I´ll be satisfied.
Ditto on this. Gimme Feral and Wolf and then my Predator shelf is complete.

Like I mean, I'd love more Predators (the other 2 bad bloods from Concrete Jungle, the elder from Predator: Homeworld, Ultimate editions of the 'Predators' trio) but if we just got those two I'd be okay with it.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 14, 2023, 03:24:17 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Mar 13, 2023, 02:42:34 PMCould be, also in latest the visual guide there is no upcoming figure, except the lost tribe figures.
Personally, if NECA is going to wrap up with the license, I hope they release the Feral and the Ultimate Wolf and I´ll be satisfied.
Ditto on this. Gimme Feral and Wolf and then my Predator shelf is complete.

Like I mean, I'd love more Predators (the other 2 bad bloods from Concrete Jungle, the elder from Predator: Homeworld, Ultimate editions of the 'Predators' trio) but if we just got those two I'd be okay with it.
Same here. If NECA still holds license, give me ultimate super predators from the third movie and I´l be fine, or more "obscure" yautjas as the one from the AvP 2 PC game.

bobcunk

bobcunk

And that hive wars predator that was originally going to have a mask, gun and bird included but they instead they gave him a generic knife that was obviously from something else because it has a peg on it and no peg hole on the predator.

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

Quote from: thexenomorph on Mar 09, 2023, 08:42:54 AMI finally was able to find Dallas for a reasonable price, it's the 35th Anniversary edition but whatever. :)

Hmm, so Dallas came in today. He is sticky, and some paint has rubbed off on my hands. Also, his articulation seems a bit loose, specifically his chest piece. He did come in as "new", and was in box.

Master

Master

It might be a bootleg I'm affraid.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I've had sticky NECA parts from 100% official sources tbh. Sometimes the softer material doesn't cure properly.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

My original Kane from a few years back was sticky when I opened him. I think there's something about that metallic paint.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Not an alien figure but my Neca Resident Evil/Biohazard Tyrant was sticky as well.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Running under very hot water for about 30 seconds and very carefully moving the joints will loosen up the sticky/tight spots on the figures. I do it to just about every NECA figure that doesn't have clothe or electronics. NECA has a history of super sticky/locked joints because they paint over them.

Paint rubs off a lot too because of how and where they apply it. In my case, it's usually on the joints, mainly the elbows or back of the knees where my paint comes off.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 22, 2023, 04:45:11 PMRunning under very hot water for about 30 seconds and very carefully moving the joints will loosen up the sticky/tight spots on the figures. I do it to just about every NECA figure that doesn't have clothe or electronics. NECA has a history of super sticky/locked joints because they paint over them.

Unfortunately it's not just Neca figures that have this problem, more and more collectible figures can have stiff joints just out of the package. Annoying as heck with Neca or similar priced items, BUT worse when it is pricier figures. The hot water method is the best option for safety to loosen up stuck joints.

previous damaged figures are in the custom box - so there is still hope for new life in those 'accidents'.

judge death

judge death

My experience is of the opposite: few joints are good, most of them are too loose and like an arm: smallest shaking and the arm will fall down. NEver had to use the hot water method besides when I need to bend/correct the plastic when its bent to hell.

Master

Master

Quote from: judge death on Apr 17, 2023, 06:48:12 PMMy experience is of the opposite: few joints are good, most of them are too loose and like an arm: smallest shaking and the arm will fall down. NEver had to use the hot water method besides when I need to bend/correct the plastic when its bent to hell.

For too loose joints add one drop of superglue and move them until it's dry.  ;)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Master on Apr 22, 2023, 07:12:20 PM
Quote from: judge death on Apr 17, 2023, 06:48:12 PMMy experience is of the opposite: few joints are good, most of them are too loose and like an arm: smallest shaking and the arm will fall down. NEver had to use the hot water method besides when I need to bend/correct the plastic when its bent to hell.

For too loose joints add one drop of superglue and move them until it's dry.  ;)
Also clear nail polish works amazingly well.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If we don't get anything for this Alien Day I'm calling it, Neca's done with it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 22, 2023, 04:45:11 PMRunning under very hot water for about 30 seconds and very carefully moving the joints will loosen up the sticky/tight spots on the figures. I do it to just about every NECA figure that doesn't have clothe or electronics. NECA has a history of super sticky/locked joints because they paint over them.

Paint rubs off a lot too because of how and where they apply it. In my case, it's usually on the joints, mainly the elbows or back of the knees where my paint comes off.

I don't mean "stuck", I mean physically sticky and/or greasy to the touch, on outer surfaces, due to the softer rubber/plastic not curing correctly. Unfixable and very toxic. In my experience, the dreadlocks and cast "cloth" on Preds are the worst offenders. Alien pelvis/tail and dorsal tubes are similar stuff but seem less prone to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed