Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark

Started by 426Buddy, Nov 22, 2019, 01:57:15 AM

Author
Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark (Read 55,082 times)

NightstormScarab

Series 2 due in August, they really are great figures. Got my son the NECA Jungle Hunter lasted about a day before pieces started breaking off. Then I bought him the entire Lanard Predator and Alien series 1 and they are all still in mint condition. And they look pretty great considering the price.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: NightstormScarab on Jun 22, 2022, 12:29:25 AMhttps://image.smythstoys.com/original/desktop/209895_4.webphttps://image.smythstoys.com/original/desktop/209896_4.webp
Series 2 due in August, they really are great figures. Got my son the NECA Jungle Hunter lasted about a day before pieces started breaking off. Then I bought him the entire Lanard Predator and Alien series 1 and they are all still in mint condition. And they look pretty great considering the price.
Anyone found them? 

I don't know if they will see the light of day, spoke to a Lanard rep few months back and they lost the license.  Only had it for a year too.

And yea they're great figures.  Neca is made of brittle display only plastic.  They're not toys.  People have clowned them for years about how easily they break.

A shame Lanard couldn't keep the license longer than a year ... to get us maskless JH, CH, Bezerker, rest of the Predators crew or long enough for a Feral.

Disney put the kibosh to it

The Shuriken

So Lanard is out? Hm...I wonder if Disney is shopping for a different company to make kid focused Predator toys.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 11, 2022, 10:59:08 PMSo Lanard is out? Hm...I wonder if Disney is shopping for a different company to make kid focused Predator toys.
This was the kid friendly version. 

I think they put an end to it because they don't want it marketed to kids, and just let Neca handle that niche collectors adult market. 

I loved the Lanard product though.  Great sculpts, unique paint apps, and durable.  Adults and kids could vibe with it.  Shame we didn't get maskless renditions. 

Hopefully I can find the Falconer in stores.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 03:10:29 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 11, 2022, 10:59:08 PMSo Lanard is out? Hm...I wonder if Disney is shopping for a different company to make kid focused Predator toys.

I think they put an end to it because they don't want it marketed to kids, and just let Neca handle that niche collectors adult market. 

I loved the Lanard product though.  Great sculpts, unique paint apps, and durable.  Adults and kids could vibe with it.  Shame we didn't get maskless renditions. 

No I meant perhaps Disney is looking for a different company to make kid friendly Predator toys. Or maybe they'll go in house with Hasbro.

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 12, 2022, 11:46:09 AM

No I meant perhaps Disney is looking for a different company to make kid kid friendly Predator toys. Or maybe they'll go in house with Hasbro.
That would be dope

The Shuriken

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 11:55:22 AM

No I meant perhaps Disney is looking for a different company to make kid kid friendly Predator toys. Or maybe they'll go in house with Hasbro.
That would be dope

Yeah just imagine Marvel Legends style Alien and Predator action figures. Now that would be amazing. Hopefully Disney is looking for another company to continue on making inexpensive Predators.

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 12, 2022, 12:05:21 PM
Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Aug 12, 2022, 11:55:22 AM

That would be dope

Yeah just imagine Marvel Legends style Alien and Predator action figures. Now that would be amazing. Hopefully Disney is looking for another company to continue on making inexpensive Predators.

That would be amazing, and they would be using more durable actual meant to be posed and played with toy type plastic than Neca. 

But I wonder how Neca would deal with that, honestly.  Because the level of detail would be close, they both would be at these big retailers, and with more durable plastic it might antiquate Neca's offerings considering a similarity in scale as well. 

I think if Hasbro does a more kid friendly version, it will be more akin to the retro like Kenner stuff from the 90s, especially in terms of scale. Kind of like how Spin Masters did 3.75 for The Batman and McFarlane did the adult aimed 7 inch figures with more detail. 

But that's also why I like the Lenard product so much, it was almost in scale with the Neca stuff, they easily could be combined with the 6 inch GI Joe classified stuff and it was accessible to kids but sculpted and articulated like a modern adult collectible action figure.  Lanard basically did a hyper modern update of the 90s Kenner line.

Mike’s Monsters

The new series has been found in the wild. Saw these on Instagram, and now I must go hunting for that blue one.

BlueMarsalis79

I'd love to see Hasbro do AVP offerings.

pmaz11

Came across the new figures at a local Walmart & had to snag 'em! ;D

Really dig this 2nd wave & the Jungle Hunter figure is a great classic for Lanard!

The Shuriken

That's the Jungle Hunter They should have led with in series 1.

OpenMaw

I'm a little miffed that their aliens line started out on the smaller scale. The alien and predator stuff can't be put together really. Their APC and all that are way too small to go with the Predators.

And yes, that is the Jungle Hunter they should have led with. I specifically didn't pick up the JH figure back then because it was partially cloaked. I hate that gimmick on figures.

Cosmic Incubation

I'm not a big fan of their Alien collection, but these Predator figures look pretty good for what they are!

I would have been stoked to have these when I was a kid  :D

Xenomrph

I love the jumbo 12" Predator with the light up plasmacaster and moving mandibles, 9 year old me would have lost his mind over this thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed