Sigourney Weaver Says No to Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 18, 2007, 09:41:23 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Says No to Alien 5 (Read 7,934 times)

Corporal Hicks

I swear, she changes her mind with each interview she does. Yesterday, Ain’t It Cool News posted up some information from an interview Weaver did on French TV. The Alien comment is brief:

“Sigourney Weaver was invited on a show called “le grand journal” here in france, and she was asked if she would do another “alien”… She said no, she said that everything has been said about this creature and for her, it’s over..”

Thanks to juhuston for the tipoff. You can read the rest of the article here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not crying. It's about time we had a new hero to cheer for anyway.

beeko

beeko

i agree with you, time for a fresh start, they did it with batman & bond, she was good in those movies but at 56 years old i dont think fox would take the punt on her in an action role anymore

Darkness

Darkness

I don't think Sigourney will ever be the focus of A5 but I think she'll definitely be in it in some shape or form.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully a throwaway line explaining she died.   :)  

Rakai'Thwei

Rakai'Thwei

Is it me or has anyone noticed how bitter Weaver has gotten in the last eight years or so? Seriously.   I can understand Weaver not wanting to do Alien since in a way it has lead her to being type casted but I also agree that it is time for some new blood...   But seriously though... she just got bitter after Ressurrection.

Vasquez

Vasquez

Darkness, how do you know A5 will even be made?  As for Sigourney's statement about nothing left to be said about the Alien, there's still the issue of the Space Jockeys which has never been resolved. I know all it was meant to do was add to the atmosphere of fear and mystery, but as far as plot devices go, there's still something to work on.

Darkness

Darkness

I don't. But some day, I hope it will.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The Stand alone alien series has been burned into the ground, I only see a future for the AVP franchise and another stand alone predator film.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Yeah......no! We need more Alien movies sorry.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We should just abandon the Ripley character. That's all it takes.

topman

topman

weaver is OLD!!!!!!!!!   ;D  

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Yeah! We can start with someone new, there are plenty of great female actresses that could take Weaver's place in a heart beat.

frankaster

frankaster

Maybe Call ca be our main character,...  a synthetic investigating some plots, like the military using pilot technology...  balh, blah...

topman

topman

no, we want a human as a main charactor   ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed