AvPR Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2007, 07:00:27 PM

Author
AvPR Rated 15 in UK (Read 35,129 times)

Gazz

Gazz

I think AvP wa a 15 in the UK due to the suspense and appearence of the characters (they deemed it too frightening for people of 12 years and have learnt from the 12a rating of T3). But unlike films such as Hostel or Saw (both 18), the violence isn't being inflicted by another human (and thus warping teenagers fragile minds, like they believe Manhunt did etc and creating copycats) but by a monster.

Not many monster movies garner an 18 rating here unless there is some kind of human involvement in the deaths.

gases

gases

yeah.. arent u alloud in with parents? even if R

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: gases on Dec 07, 2007, 12:16:01 PM

In the UK, no.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Lovely Man on Dec 07, 2007, 04:43:37 PM

In the UK, no.

Thank f**k, it's hard enough with rowdy teenagers that can't keep off their mobile phones nevermind the 12a crowd.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 07, 2007, 04:46:48 PM
...rowdy teenagers that can't keep off their mobile phones nevermind the 12a crowd.
I smell chavs!

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 07, 2007, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: Lovely Man on Dec 07, 2007, 04:43:37 PM

In the UK, no.

Thank f**k, it's hard enough with rowdy teenagers that can't keep off their mobile phones nevermind the 12a crowd.

True, when i went to see Beowulf, through the whole movie this retarded gang of chav-ettes (who wern't even watching it) where screaming and laughing the whole time. Even at one point their phone went off... "Yeah, yeah mate im in the cinema. Yeah, yeah, no, yeah cinema"

Weasel

Weasel

Depends on where you go. I saw Beowulf and it was fine. Saw Spiderman 3 opening day and the crowd was shit.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 07, 2007, 06:02:18 PM
Depends on where you go. I saw Beowulf and it was fine. Saw Spiderman 3 opening day and the crowd was shit.

i did the same but he film was shit for me  :P

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

f**k!!!

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

its strange the certs over here, sum 15's are very greusum and others get the rating jst because sumeone sez f***, once...wots with that? i still think the rating wont dissapoint us.

crypto84

crypto84

Now that I didn't expect    :-\   There have been films rated 15 in the UK but are rated R in the US though.

PredKing_Luke

PredKing_Luke

well its a definate good for me i turn 15 a few days after te film is released in cinemas in the uk!!!!!   8)     ;D     ;)  

Leumas

Leumas

It's getting better and better, first the short movie length now this. We see it again and again, always prommising us the best and giving us not even half of what was expected.

jamieisking

jamieisking

i don't understand i thought this film was a guaranteed R rating or is 15 an R in U.S.    ???  

Predboy

Predboy

I just cant get over that retarded ass running time.   >:(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed